35 replies to this topic

#1 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:22 AM

Hi everyone

As avid collectors of Estee lauder solid perfume compacts, I was just wondering how many of us actually wear any of their perfumes??? I have to admit that my favorite perfume is not one made by E L ohmy.gif

I hope everyone has their thermals ready for this severe winter that is coming and in some areas, has already arrived. Wish I could migrate for the winter like the birds, (or Snowbirds) Australia here I come!!

laugh.gif

Can I just say that reading all the posts is a sheer joy, I am so pleased to have found the SP website....

Best regards

Mitzimay

#2 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:05 AM

Dear MitzMay and All Solid Perfume Collectors,
I would like to add Yes I do use Estee Lauder perfume.
I love Youth Dew but have used Tresor' by Lancome
and White Linen was another I have used also.
Thank you MitzMay for asking and living here in Ohio
I wish I could fly someplace warm for the winter also
but will stick it out as I have for 57 years on this good earth.
biggrin.gif

#3 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:19 AM

Of all the Estee Lauder perfumes, Beautiful has been my favorite. But I really like the new Youth Dew Amber Nude by Tom Ford. The more I wear it, the more I like it! wub.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Catherine

#4 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:23 AM

I normally wear Narcisse Noir by Caron and have worn it for about 45 years, (no solid that I know of) but on occassion I will wear intuition or tresor or izzy ( izzy miaki)....the only other 3 perfumes I like..
I do have solids in all of those, and the izzy solid is probably the weirdest one I have ever seen, a silver triangular tube that swings open.....they only made it for about 6 months and then never made another solid that I am aware of.

http://pixclix.com/trey/tresors1.jpg

http://pixclix.com/t...orsaleizzy1.jpg
http://pixclix.com/t...orsaleizzy2.jpg
http://pixclix.com/t...orsaleizzy3.jpg

Kasi

#5 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:52 AM

Good question MitzMay! Favortie daytime wear is Youth Dew. Appreciate it's staying power. However, favorite fragrance for me has to be EL Private Collection. There are others that I like for evening occasionaly, Boucheron Initial,
Thiery Mugler Angel are a couple.

Being November there are lots of "snowbirds" here in Florida. They keep Florida "green". Having a cold wave here right now. low of 59 and high of 71. LOL

Stay warm!

Phyllis

#6 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

Wow, hard question. Unfortunately I am allergic to most perfumes so I wear mostly Shalimar and Obsession which do not affect my allergy. Ocassionay I wear Youth Dew. Lainey

#7 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:39 PM

"Beautiful" is my favorite EL fragrance and has been since it was first introduced into the market. I tend to favor floral fragrances. The older I get, the more picky I have become regarding fragrances. Its all a matter of personal choice and I respect that, but now I tend to buy perfume that not is available at every major department store in the US. Yes, I pay more than the average price of a bottle of EL perfume, but that is OK.

Here is wishing each and everyone of you a very nice Thanksgiving weekend and for members based outside the States who may not celebrate this holiday, a very nice rest of the week. I am thankful for this site where we can all come together, "talk", do lots of laughing laugh.gif and discuss about our favorite hobby---solids! smile.gif

Gigi

#8 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:26 PM

My favourite is Spellbound. I haven't seen it for years, is it still available? I was really happy when I finally got a Spellbound solid: the Tropical Fish with a pearl in his mouth biggrin.gif

Karin

#9 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

I've had 3 favorites. The first was cinnabar. It was discontinued dry.gif so I moved on to Knowing which I really loved. It was discontinued dry.gif so I moved on to Beautiful. Out of the Beautiful fragrance my favorite is the Sheer with the frosted gold top. smile.gif

#10 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE(KK @ Nov 23 2005, 11:13 PM)

I've had 3 favorites. The first was cinnabar. It was discontinued  dry.gif so I moved on to Knowing which I really loved. It was discontinued  dry.gif  so I moved on to Beautiful. Out of the Beautiful fragrance my favorite is the Sheer with the frosted gold top. smile.gif

View Post

Oh KK, if the pattern continues, Beautiful will be the next perfume to be discontinued. Please consider using another brand. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Love

MitziMay

#11 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(P.E.Parry @ Nov 23 2005, 02:52 PM)

Good question MitzMay!  Favortie daytime wear is Youth Dew.  Appreciate it's staying power.  However, favorite fragrance for me has to be EL Private Collection.  There are others that I like for evening occasionaly, Boucheron Initial,
Thiery Mugler Angel are a couple.

Being November there are lots of "snowbirds" here in Florida.  They keep Florida "green".  Having a cold wave here right now. low of 59 and high of 71.  LOL 

Stay warm!

Phyllis

View Post

Hi Phyllis

Florida! dry.gif Um, I could live with 71, I am packing my bags now smile.gif
I used to wear Angel but I am still looking for that elusive perfume that screams 'yes, this is me'.

Love

MitziMay

#12 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:35 AM

I don't wear perfume all that much, but my favorite is EL perfume is Beautiful. I was thinking back and I have never used a single one of my solid perfumes at all - I found this odd as I collect them. tongue.gif

#13 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE(Lori B @ Nov 24 2005, 11:35 AM)
I don't wear perfume all that much, but my favorite is EL perfume is Beautiful.  I was thinking back and I have never used a single one of my solid perfumes at all - I found this odd as I collect them.  tongue.gif

View Post

Even if E L was my favorite perfume, I would never dream of using one of the solid perfumes either, strange isn't it??

Is Ella still enjoying the snow? She is so adorable!

Love

MitziMay smile.gif smile.gif

#14 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:49 AM

[quote=MitziMay,Nov 24 2005, 01:26 PM]
Even if E L was my favorite perfume, I would never dream of using one of the solid perfumes either, strange isn't it??

I remember using my first solid perfume when I was a teenager. It was Tabu by Dana and came in a Gold Tube....LOL...I even found one at an estate sale recently.

I use my St. Johns solid as I love the perfume and don't plan on selling it. I also use my Izzy.

Kasi

#15 Jewels

Jewels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I started wearing Knowing from the Estee Lauder line and then switched over to the Beautiful fragrance. There is a new fragrance called Pleasures Exotic which is refreshing. What does everyone else think about the Pleasures Exotic? Have a good day everyone. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users