22 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:08 AM

I NEED HELP. ohmy.gif

FOR MOST OF MY ADULT LIFE I HAVE HAD VERY SHORT WELL GROOMED HAIR WHICH WAS ALWAYS NEAT AND TIDY. smile.gif

LAST CHRISTMAS I DECIDED TO GROW MY HAIR IN THE HOPE THAT ONE DAY I MAY HAVE ONE OF THOSE REALLY ELEGANT STYLES - A PLEAT OR CHINON, WHATEVER. wink.gif

IT IS NOW AT THE LENGTH WHERE IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS blink.gif ph34r.gif

IT CAN JUST BE PUT INTO A PONY TAIL (A BIT LIKE THOSE SILLY LOOKING 60 YEAR OLD MEN HAVE) ph34r.gif - SO I DON'T LIKE THAT. AND IT IS CONSTANTLY FALLING IN MY FACE AND FEELS LIKE I HAVE JUST WALKED THROUGH A SPIDERS WEB huh.gif tongue.gif I FEEL LIKE AN OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG tongue.gif blink.gif

WHAT SHOULD I DO, PERSEVERE OR PUT MYSELF OUT OF THE MISERY AND GET IT CUT BACK TO NORMAL.

ANY ADVICE PLEASE biggrin.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif

#2 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:15 AM

from a fellow sheepdog....persevere!!! once it gets just a teeeensy bit longer, it will be more manageable. At least that's what I keep telling myself. biggrin.gif

I've had my hair everywhere from waist length to a buzz cut - so I know all the traumas! And really, I only miss my short hair when I'm trying to eat an ice cream cone on a breezy day. Or cross the street without being blinded ph34r.gif

Buy yourself one of those big claw like clips that you can take out and put in easily. Or get it cut short and invest in wigs when you want the chignon tongue.gif And thanks for the laugh!

#3 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:33 AM

Caroline,

Your hair has just reached a frustrating stage. If you stick with it, you should be able to work with it in another few weeks. I used hair combs and hair bands when I was growing my hair out, to pull it away from my face. It was a different style for me, but I didn't have to do it very long until my hair was more manageable. I now wear it shorter, because my husband likes it this way.

Catherine

#4 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:25 AM

Hi Caroline,

From my first childhood memories I always wanted long hair, and

looking back on photographs of schooldays with these thin little plaits I often

wondered why my mother persevered. sad.gif

Even into my middle years I would envy women with thick beautiful hair, and long

tumbling curls. mad.gif

Now into the latter years of my life I am grateful for what I have, which is a very

short hair do, and a flattering cut for a mature person.

I have been a hairdresser from seventeen years of age, and envied all my clients

who could have swishy bobs and never once encouraged them to have their hair

cut............so persevere, and post a photograph of your long locks when you have

reached the desired lenghth.

Best of Luck,

Elly. biggrin.gif

#5 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:06 PM

I can say from experience that the icky in-between stage lasts forever!! sad.gif I went the short "Felicity" pixie look two years ago and I am still waiting for mine to pass that stage and have been about 9 months now (although I have naturally curly hair and it seems to get a lot fuller but not longer - very frusterating!)

But if you can wait it out I am sure it will be worth it... good luck tongue.gif

#6 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

Well this is a change from solids! biggrin.gif Just had mine cut after the Convention. Meant to do it before but somehow did not get round to it......So if it is driving
you round the twist, I would say pull it back with a bow or something. No
other hints as hair is the bane of my life. Drives me nuts!

Elllllllllllllllyyy......maybe you are just the person I am looking for....a decent
hairdresser in London without paying over the top. Caroline, you can't
get a cut and blow jdry in London for less than 58 and that's before the tip!
Harrods charge nearly double.....and you still might not like the cut! UGH!

unsure.gif

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Oh Jacky - I think you almost had a faux par with the blow dry !! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

Trust you to notice! biggrin.gif

#9 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:01 PM

Jacky!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Catherine

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

What in heavan's name have I done now????? Oh well, life's too short for
remorse....and that applies to hair cuts too!

wink.gif

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:20 PM

That's why we have to try to use short cuts in life !! (pun intended) biggrin.gif

#12 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

I had waist length hair untill I renovated my first cottage, during this time I had an accident with a pot of gloss paint ohmy.gif so my hair had to be cut short sad.gif At the time I was so upset but I soon realized that being able to WASH AND GO saved a lot of time and effort and I have kept it short ever since.

Margaret

#13 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:53 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I get $12 haircuts if that much. tongue.gif

Don't know what to tell you. My hair is strait as a board and usually kept at shoulder length = no fuss no muss. I used to dream of having curly hair until I got 3 perms that looked like bird's nests. Paid more than $12 that time. When in doubt, leave it alone.

Edited by greyhound, 07 November 2005 - 06:54 PM.

#14 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

My hair is baby-fine. I tried a perm, too, after I cut it short several years ago. What a mistake! I looked like little Orphan Annie! blink.gif

Catherine

#15 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:23 AM

MY OH MY DON'T WE SUFFER!!!!! blink.gif biggrin.gif

TOOK YOUR ADVICE SARA AND HOTFOOTED IT TO THE LOCAL SUPERMARKET WHERE I WAS MET WITH A DAZZLING ARRAY OF TORTURE IMPLEMENTS FOR HAIR ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

UNABLE TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION I DECIDED TO GET A RANGE OF SIZES IN THOSE CLAW THINGS, AND OF COURSE THEY ARE IN ALL DIFFERENT COLOURS.

COULDN'T WAIT TO TRY THEM SO WHEN I GOT HOME OUT THEY CAME. wink.gif

YES THEY DO HOLD YOUR HAIR, BUT AS MINE IS AT LOTS OF DIFFERENT LENGTHS I HAD TO USE LOTS OF CLAWS.

THE EFFECT WAS ASTOUNDING ohmy.gif

I LOOKED LIKE A CROSS BETWEEN A MULTI-COLOURED HILDA ODGEN AND SOMETHING OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE laugh.gif biggrin.gif

TODAY I WILL TRY AND BE A LITTLE MORE CAREFUL AND HOPE I LOOK MORE NORMAL rolleyes.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif

THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE - AND THE LAUGHS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users