Liliane

#32 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:22 AM

Hi to everyone on S.P.

Many thanks for all who were thinking about me while I was on vacation in Florida.

We had intentions of visiting Sanibel and Captiva islands and then coming up the coastline, but hearing about "Wilma" we decided to stay put in our villa and weather the storm, so to speak.

We were very fortunate and just had high winds and torrential rain for two days, and the temperature dropped quite a few degrees, but the people on the Gulf didn't have such luck, terrible flooding and excessive damage to their houses, and I do believe a few people lost their lives.

I do think that the Floridians are learning everytime a hurricane hits, after the devestation of Katrina, they realised that maybe they were not as prepared for such a disaster, but with "Wilma" we saw the army and endless lines of trucks with food etc going to the coast. Hotels further North were all prepared for evacuation, and giving free rooms for all, after listening to the weathermen talking at great lengths I can only see this getting worse as the years go by.

After all I have said we shall still go back and visit the U.S.A. each year, it is like a second home to us and the people are so friendly to the Brits, maybe California next year. We had a wonderful and relaxing holiday, and thank-you all for having me in your thoughts.
Love Elly. biggrin.gif

#33 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:40 AM

HI ELLY..... smile.gif

I AM SO PLEASED THAT "WILMA" DID NOT SPOIL YOUR HOLIDAY TOO MUCH AND THAT YOU GOT HOME SAFE AND WELL. OUR THOUGHTS WERE WITH YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WAS IN THE PATH OF THIS LATEST HURRICANE.

REGARDS......Margaret

#34 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:05 AM

Hi Margaret..... smile.gif

had a great vacation relaxing, glad to be home, now back to business!!

After reading all the posts it sounds as though I missed a really good convention, that was my only dissapointment as I would have loved to have seen everyone.

Take care,
Elly.

#35 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:16 AM

Hi Elly,

I'm relieved you checked in and happy to hear that your vacation wasn't ruined by Wilma. We have all been concerned about everyone who was in the Hurricane's path. I'm happy to hear you'll be coming back to visit. We have a lot of beautiful sites to see here in the US that don't get Hurricanes. smile.gif

Catherine

#36 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:20 AM

Relieved to hear that you are safe and well! Glad to have you back!

smile.gif

#37 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:13 PM

Hi to Catherine, Jacky and Margaret,

many thanks for replying, good to be back, and I would like to send my best wishes and thoughts to everyone who was caught up in Hurricane Wilma, sounds like Lisa and Jack had it bad too.

I didn't realise that it hit that side of Florida so hard, just thought it was the Gulf, that took the hit badly.

Well now I am back and posting again folks, just lets hope for Florida that it is nearly out of hurricane season, and let the fun start with Thanks-Giving.

Take care everyone,
Elly.

#38 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:03 PM

Looking at FPL's map of estimated power restoration after Hurricane Wilma, it looks like Boca Raton may be among the last areas to have power fully restored. Jack and Lisa could be without power until November 13th!! ohmy.gif

Catherine

Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view the site. Download it here.

Edited by Printerslady, 01 November 2005 - 10:59 PM.

#39 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

Hi Catherine, smile.gif

I couldn't get that site up, I really didn't think that it had hit so bad where Jack and Lisa are.

Hope that they are o.k. must be terrible not having power, makes you realise how vunerable you are in such situations.

Take care,
Elly.

#40 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

[B][SIZE=7]Hi everyone!

Finally we got our power back!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Still no internet access so I cannot check email and have a hard time checking the site. biggrin.gif So bear with me until my internet access is restored. I called Adelphia today and there is still no estimated time for being restored.

At least the sewers are no longer backing up in the streets of my neighborhood, that was by far the worst part. We were hit very hard but were also very prepared.

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:30 PM

biggrin.gif HEY !! Glad to see you 'weathered the storm' - literally!!

Good to see you post and know that all is still well with you. smile.gif

#42 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

Hi Lisa,

We've missed you!!! You must have stories to tell us about your hurricane experience. I hope your internet is back up soon. Glad to hear everything is getting better. smile.gif

Catherine

#43 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 04:47 AM

smile.gif Hi Lisa,

I only can dito Catherine and am very glad to see you back soon...

Madeleine

#44 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:31 AM

Best to you Lisa and Jack!
Glad to hear you are o.k. and your internet access
will be back on soon! I left a message for you Lisa.
Take Care!
biggrin.gif

#45 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

Thank you everyone for all your concern, just about an half hour ago we got our internet access back!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I have to sort out tons of emails and have lots of catching up to do on the site!

Thanks again to everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users