• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:53 AM

The invitation said "To be Charmed.To be Dazzled" And weren't we all! Everyone of us who attended fell immediately in love with this year's solids and EVERYONE came away with huge bags of goodies.

The walls of the room were lined with showcases displaying this year's and last year's solids.

The Bejewelled Bottle was displayed in its own little show case as were the Bejewelled Elephant and Lucky Dragon. The Parasol shared a display case with the Royal Lantern and the Royal Pekinese glowed in the light of the Lucky Lantern.
As cameras were not allowed I hope you have a very creative imagination trying to picture all this! laugh.gif

I was there 2 hours after the preview started and already the Lucky Dragon was enjoying very good sales! By the time I went back the second time, around 4 pm the Royal Parasol, Glistening Owl and Lucky Dragon were completely sold out. Looks like those who go tomorrow are in for a huge disappointment! sad.gif

Amid the light snacks offered, guests were seated and allowed to examine and select the solids of their preference, while SAs hovered attentively nearby everwilling to "bring out another" for the discerning purchaser.

I was told that only between 15 to 18 pieces of each of the Oriental Collection were given to the store which held the Exclusive rights because fewer pieces were produced this year. But who really knows these days? But for Singapore, limited means just that because there are only 15 Lucky Dragons running around...
The rest of the solids will be distributed to the other stores after Monday Oct. 17th.

A free Solid compact was given for different amount of purchases made. Among the free gifts were "The Sphinx" "Party Cake" "Roller Coaster" and "Cupid's Garden"

As for me, I bought the Bejewelled Bottled and came away with a wealth of experience. biggrin.gif And as promised, I was charmed and dazzled indeed!

Pamela ~

Edited by blackvelvette, 14 October 2005 - 10:15 AM.

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:26 AM

Pamela, your words were the pictures and I loved reading everyone! So descriptive. I felt I was there with you!

How can one follow your post?

I think the Singaporians could teach E.L. at Harrods some worthy lessons in
marketing and how to look after the collectors! I cannot believe they actually gave out gifts of solids! But there again to shop in Singapore is an experience in itself and I look forward to the next time I can visit!

Once again, we are all in the dark as to how many of these will be released.
I suppose it is another waiting game but meanwhile I must confess that I
do love the Bejewelled Bottle. Yes, definitely 'Charmed and Bedazzled'....

#3 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

Wow! Another great report..I am jealous we don't have something like this close to Chicago!!!

Thank you Pamela!

#4 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

Pamela,

Sounds like a fabulous evening! Thanks for sharing it with us. Don't you just love the Bejeweled Bottle??? wub.gif smile.gif

Catherine

#5 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:11 AM

PAMELA, YOUR REPORT MADE WONDERFUL READING,I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH. wub.gif

THANK YOU.......Margaret smile.gif

#6 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

Wonderful report, Pamela biggrin.gif sounds like you had a terrific time. biggrin.gif

#7 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:52 AM

Thank you all for all your positive responses smile.gif I had fun reliving the experience all over again as well!

Yes, I had an extremely enjoyable evening and was pleasantly surprised to say the least because this was my very first "Private Viewing"; having had the pleasure, I wanted to share the experience with you.......knowing well that we have some very experienced collectors in our midst ! tongue.gif

Catherine, I do agree with you that the "Bejewelled Bottle" wub.gif makes a lovely solid and as some of the customers here remarked it would pair very well with the "Venetian Fan".

I wished I could have purchased the whole Oriental range sad.gif but then I was able to locate the "Imperial Princess" so I had to make a VERY difficult choice. ohmy.gif
Needless to say the Princess won! biggrin.gif

LATEST UPDATE : With the exception of the Parasol, I am happy to inform you that the Oriental Collection pieces are SOLD OUT!!!! ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pamela~

Edited by blackvelvette, 16 October 2005 - 02:57 AM.

#8 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Oct 14 2005, 11:26 PM)
Pamela, your words were the pictures and I loved reading everyone!    So descriptive.  I felt I was there with you!     

How can one follow your post?     

marketing and how to look after the collectors!  I cannot believe they actually gave out gifts of solids!  But there again to shop in Singapore is an experience in itself and I look forward to the next time I can visit!

Once again, we are all in the dark as to how many of these will be released.
I suppose it is another waiting game but meanwhile I must confess that I
do love the Bejewelled Bottle.    Yes, definitely 'Charmed and Bedazzled'....

View Post

The free gift of solids are given base on different amount purchase/tiers starts from s$1000, s$2000, s$3000 & s$5000. different tier get a a different solid(VALUE). THE FREE SOILD IS A REWARD TO THE LOYAL COLLECTORS only at this private event and not at the retail stores.

As i have mention another of the same event will be held to the public at the dept store this week.

I will update with pictures if possible just like last year.

#9 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:05 AM

just a note- when opening the royal Parasol- please becareful not the open using the Parasol handler - it will break

#10 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Oct 14 2005, 11:26 PM)
marketing and how to look after the collectors!

If i remember correctly SINGAPORE is the first country in the world who started/ came out of the idea the Solid Perfume Musuem Exibition in 1998.....

Edited by ringmaster888, 16 October 2005 - 11:22 AM.

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the information Ringmaster (Lucky 888). It doesn't surpise me what you have written. I have visited your country quite a few times and the
marketing and selling side and the way you treat 'the customer' is quite something

I do think the States also have this attitude. One day it will rub off here....not holding my breath!

So enjoy and pick up some nice extra pieces. And wishing you 888!

wink.gif

Nice to see you again...

Edited by Jacqueline, 16 October 2005 - 11:18 AM.

#12 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Oct 17 2005, 12:16 AM)
Thanks for the information Ringmaster (Lucky 888).      It doesn't surpise me what you have written.        I have visited your country quite a few times and the
marketing and selling side and the way you treat 'the customer' is quite something

I do think the States also have this attitude.    One day it will rub off here....not holding my breath!

So enjoy and pick up some nice extra pieces.      And wishing you 888!

wink.gif

Nice to see you again...

View Post

Jacq.... thanks...... '888' to you too.

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

smile.gif Wow Pamela and Ringmaster - that was quite an event !! Imagine - solid giveaways !! How cool is that?!? Very encouraging to collectors, I must say !! wink.gif

Well, the world should know what excellence in customer service is and should pay a visit to countries like Singapore and Japan. Always clean, always friendly and helpful service. Their packaging is second to none too!! rolleyes.gif

Thank you for the information and well told, Pamela!! Well done!!

I can see that Australia is far behind these things too . . . . I don't know why, but for instance the Taj Mahal - only 2 in Sydney, 1 in Melbourne . . . . . sold in one day - what are they thinking ? If they put five out here they would have sold them all retail!!

Now there are plenty of them on Ebay!!

They are killing the market out here already !! They are not getting enough quality solids in and too many of others . . . . . I suspect there is a bigger market here to tap (in Sydney anyway), but the way they go about it is all wrong!

Nice brochures, but viewing is by private appointment only over one or two days and no mingling with other collectors . . . . then the 'left overs' get sent to only two stores in the city area who sell them. This makes them extremely inaccessable and doesn't let others who aren't 'invited' know what's really out there. They aren't really promoted very well and I think there is only one sales person who knows anything about them (bless her! - she is lovely!)

Enough of my gripe - obviously I am very jealous of how things happen elsewhere in the world, but thank goodness for this site and Ebay and other online sellers as I wouldn't have the collection I do for the money spent.

Ah . . . . . .

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

''Viewing by private appointment''...........Sandra is it a Secret Society!!!!!! ''No mingling with other Collectors...'' rolleyes.gif If the distances weren't so great
I would suggest starting a Club of your own. Meanwhile Nancy comes here from
Scotland and Margaret lives out of London too, but we still meet up.

Your post was very interesting as I never realised there were so many complications solid-wise. There again, it is an upside down world is it not?! wink.gif

(now Sandra and I are good friends, so anyone reading this comment, it is meant in a joking way)!

rolleyes.gif

#15 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

this was last year's public solid prefume exibition event held in a local shopping mall.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

HOPEfully this year's would be just as exciting. will up you guys update. ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users