Thanks, Joni

#17 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

I just finished a phone call with Donna from Bergdorf in NY and she HAS the Peacock and the Hummingbird because I just bought them and there's free 2nd day shipping today also. I believe the Hummingbird is $275 and the Peacock is $175

Hope this helps. I also spoke to Mickey at the EL store in NY and ordered the Framed Memories from Strongwater. I guess some solids come out earlier to some stores then others. It's hard to keep up sometimes. I rely on info from people on this site - I think this is the best place for info.

HAPPY MERRY! Katita biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#18 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Katita for the info - I'll have to start saving money.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!!

Joni smile.gif

#19 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:35 PM

Thanks for the wonderful pics, and I don't like them either. I think the peacock does look like a turkey and looks cheaply done.....and I agree the hummingbird needs a jeweled flower or a red enamel flower. Do they still have those cheap magnetic clasps.....? I have seen trinket boxes with those magnetic clasps at a store in the mall that look better than some of the recent EL solids....sigh....

Just my 02cents...

But I think you did a great job on the pics.

Kasi

#20 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

Thanks Katita for sharing the news about Donna having the solids. I was going to post as well. Donna's # is 1-800-558-1855 X2741. And with the transit strike, we get free 2nd day air! I ordered one of each and am interested to see them. I am a little nervous about the peacock, but we'll see. I hope it doesn't lool like a turkey like some people have thought blink.gif

Merry Christmas everyone!

#21 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

I love the hummer aqnd will buy it, but agree the flower should have some bling.
I also think the peacock looks like a turkey.

I wasn't excited by any of the holiday solids this year and didn't get any... does anyone know if there are any Las Vegas exclusives coming up?
Ar

#22 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi everybody - my Hummingbird and Peacock just arrived by Fed Ex and I LOVE THEM! I was a littler nervous about the Peacock but it's beautiful - all the colors!! The Hummingbird is exquisite despite the lack of colored enamel on the flowers and I think they might have done that as to not take away from the hummingbird itself. It's really pretty. I'm very pleased with both of them. The Hummingbird was $225 not $275 as I originally thought.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND A SAFE AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#23 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

Hi Katita,
I'm taking a break between the crab legs and chocolate fudge cake to check in.
I'm so pleased to hear about the new hummingbird and peacock.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
to you. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#24 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:52 PM

Dear Katita,
Was wondering if you could give the size of both solids. I'm still undecided about buying just one or both and maybe knowing the size might help me make up my mind. Thanks for your help.

#25 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Hi Kay - I'll do my best to describe both pieces for you, first the hummingbird, which by the way, comes off it's perch - I really like this one: it stands about 2 1/2 inches tall - that's from the base to the top of the hummingbirds wing. It's less than 2 inches wide at the base. As for the Peacock, it stands about 2 inches tall and is about 2 inches at the widest point but soooo colorful! I hope this helps.

AND - thanks KK - enjoy a crab leg and a piece of cake for me. biggrin.gif

#26 Kay

Kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:49 PM

Katita- Thanks for the size info. I'm still somewhat undecided, but will probably purchase both. The fact that the bird comes off makes me want it more. I was at Neimans in Orlando today, but only saw photos. They weren't sure when they were going to get the solids in. Anyway, thanks so much for your help and informatio.

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for the information on the humming bird Katita. When I looked at the
solid I was not told about this detail! It is a good selling point so the
Sales Ladies have missed out on that one!

Looked at the Peacock yesterday and it is a very colourful . Just shows
what E.L can do with 'bling, bling' if they really wanted to 'splash out'.

KK.....crabs' legs....mmmmmmm love them!

Well, I think now is the time to get back into Solids. Winter months over here means more time on the computer! smile.gif

Anyone want to start a story???? (under the general discussion column)

#28 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:13 AM

YES YES! biggrin.gif Another story please!
I'll be out of touch this week but I'll be home on Friday the 13th ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Winter means more computer time for me too. I work a seasonal business so I don't work all winter. I really enjoyed the last story even if it got off track a little, it was a good read and fun! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

With any luck (and your imagination) they'll be something for me to start reading when I get back.

Have a GREAT WEEK everyone, "see" you next week. biggrin.gif

Katita

#29 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

Well, I think now is the time to get back into Solids. Winter months over here means more time on the computer! smile.gif

Anyone want to start a story???? (under the general discussion column)

View Post

[/quote]

"Yes indeedy!" I am not much of a story teller, but love a challenge! blink.gif

#30 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

Since I do not live anywhere close to a NM store or department store which would carry these solids, I have an open question for those members who have either looked at the peacock in person or already have this bird in their collection.

Concerning the back of the peacock's big fanned tail, has that been enameled in the colors like in the front side of the bird or is it the plain metal gold tone like the legs and feet have? I'm just curious. I go back and forth about these two pieces if I want to buy them or not. Wish I could make up my mind. But I do have the 2006 Strongwater Framed Memories solid which I do like very much.

Take care everyone and thanks for answering my question,
Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users