• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 eminere

eminere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Does anyone know how we could subscribe to the "Powder Puff Newslettter"?
Thanks,

Janetta

#17 SharonParfums

SharonParfums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:36 AM

rolleyes.gif
As I said before Roselyn can tell you about it. Also November "In Style" magazine has photos of the fragrance (looks like a pocket spray), lip polish and face powder on pages 386. If you go to instyle.com/goods you can have a chance to win the set. The fragrance is $65, lip polish $35 and face powder $50. I did not see a solid.

#18 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

here is the picture og the whole collection.
goes well with the Gucci, LV bags

user posted image

Edited by ringmaster888, 25 October 2005 - 11:29 AM.

#19 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

Hi Janetta,
When you join Compact Collector's the newsletter is part of the membership perks.

#20 eh2344

eh2344

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(SharonParfums @ Oct 20 2005, 06:59 PM)
rolleyes.gif Ask Roselyn Gerson to tell you about the items by Tom Ford.  She included an article on them in her latest Powder Puff newsletter.  I am at work and don't have a copy with me now.  Yes the solid will sell for $150.

View Post

The "Tom Ford" collection will be available from 5th December in Harrods and includes 60ml EDP, 1 Solids perfume, 4 lipsticks, 1 nail varnish and a face powder. It is based on the original Youth Dew, a favourite of Tom's mum. Stocks are limited so call Estee Lauder to reserve.

#21 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:32 AM

This picture is from Saks. I thought the new Tom Ford Amber Nude solid would be round, but it looks like they changed the design. It is supposed to be available in December 2005. Retails for $150. wink.gif

user posted image

Catherine

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:01 AM

Hello EH2344...how much will you be selling this for at Harrods?

smile.gif

#23 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

I went to Saks today to see their new line of Amber Nude. They just got their limited stock yesterday and it was nearly sold out! Only a few pieces left. blink.gif The fragrance is very nice. And the compacts are pretty, yet simple. They didn't have the solid perfumes in yet. They are expected next week. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, only one Neimans has the collection...Dallas North Park. The Saks store said they wouldn't be getting any more in after these are sold, but I did notice that on their website that they have the pieces for sale or preorder. So, I don't know how "limited" this collection really is. dry.gif We'll see.

Catherine

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:08 AM

When I was at Harrods they mentioned they would be receiving this. So perhaps
our member EH2344 can answer for us in the U.K.

smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 05 November 2005 - 08:41 AM.

#25 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:25 AM

I have three words for this solid......not buying it sad.gif huh.gif unsure.gif

Sorry just too blah, I was expecting so much more and I won't even speak about the price tag.

Have yet to smell the fragrance but I do like Youth Dew very much so we will see.

#26 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:33 AM

Hi All, unsure.gif

Not a lot to say about "Amber Nude" what a shame they couldn't have gone

a little bit overboard, especially when launching a "New Perfume", but who are we

to say, when they are selling out so quickly at all the stores.

Elly. sad.gif

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

Elly are you referring to the solid perfume?

huh.gif

#28 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:41 PM

Jacky,

I was told by both Saks and Neimans that the solid perfume wouldn't be available until next week. The NM that I normally shop at (Ft. Worth) won't be getting the solids; I would have to drive to the Dallas NorthPark NM if I wanted to see them when they come in. Saks is closer for me, and I will go take a peek next week after they get their stock. I think the price is high for this solid. I was told that Tom Ford looked to the older compacts (1970s) for his inspiration for the Amber Nude collection. It does look like something that came out during that era. He should have looked at the 70's prices as well. Still, it is the debut of a new fragrance and cosmetic line, and that is what is fueling the demand for the pieces, IMHO. There was an EL exec at Saks who claimed that the pieces are limited dry.gif, and said there will be no more made when these are gone. I'm skeptical...EL abuses the term "limited." Everything they make is "limited!"

Catherine

#29 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:01 PM

I got my Tom Ford Solid Perfume today. It was the last one at NM! I also picked up the Bronzer (also sold out) and the face powder. Much prettier in person. smile.gif

Here are my pics:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Catherine

Edited by Printerslady, 17 November 2005 - 10:10 AM.

#30 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:33 PM

I love the EL bronzer it's a nice pick me up during the winter. rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users