Yes, Lisa, I've seen it before. BEWARE!

Catherine

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

I do know what that means Lisa. Pushing up a bid, but you can explain it better than myself. Even so, you can push up a bid so much and if there are no buyers it doesnt make any difference! You can only sell at a price that someone is prepared to pay. But I can understand someone wanting this prototype. As Greyhound said, it is rare and I do like it. Also as Mark mentioned, I wish they would have gone ahead with it. And yes, I realise this one never made it to the Production Line,
so it is still a rarity and I have no doubt in my mind that it is genuine.

If I was prepared to spend alot of $$$$$$$$ right now, I would also like the Artists Palette . Sorry KK, but this is a personal feeling....

Edited by Jacqueline, 14 October 2005 - 02:17 PM.

#18 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

[SIZE=14]I agree Lisa. I have seen bids placed for this solid by eBay members with 0 feedback. Many times this is the work of the seller with a second eBay account raising the price. It's just not nice![/SIZE] mad.gif

#19 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:41 PM

As far as shills go I dont know who the person is with 0 feedback but the others are all legit collectors. Yes I remember seeing this solid at the 1st Dallas IPBA convention.

#20 Jory

Jory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

The bidder, who lives in NY also placed a lower bid on "The Coach". Extra 2202's past name was "ronlauder" from Sept 20 2002 thru Feb 1 2003.
This shows when you click on ID History on feedback page.

Whoa...I must have too much time on my hands!

#21 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:57 PM

Good detective work Jory. biggrin.gif All I can say is this Ron ph34r.gif is not RonLauder. blink.gif
However it would not surprise me if EL would have someone bidding on it for them. They have been known to buy solids in the past off of ebay as originally they did not keep the solids in their archives. dry.gif ohmy.gif

Edited by Ron, 14 October 2005 - 04:58 PM.

#22 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:23 AM

With pleasure I can state that we have a well functioning site biggrin.gif

Madeleine

Edited by pinkmoiree, 15 October 2005 - 05:49 AM.

#23 Kia

Kia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:37 AM

Hi everyone from beautiful raining Brooklyn.

I am curious about this Painters Pallet as I think it is very pretty. If is stamped Estee Lauder inside, then isn't it a "real" compact?

Kia

#24 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

Final price $676.66!!! All I can say is "WOW!" ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Catherine

Edited by Printerslady, 15 October 2005 - 06:06 PM.

#25 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

CONGRADULATIONS to Liliane for winning the Painter's Palette( and at a very good price I might add).

I know it is a very hard Prototype to get and very desirable.
It was also one of Bob Contes favorite designs and he was sorry EL didn't produce it for the retail stores.

Prototypes have been discussed many times here on the board and there are different opinions about buying them. IMHO if you know it is a REAL prototype , which means it was presented to EL for their consideration but never made for the retail stores, and you like it and the price stays reasonable ( under $4000) then great.

Prototypes should not be confused with unfinished ( gold only) or empty or broken/missing parts solids. They are completely finished except for having perfume.

Prototypes are in a class of their own and rare .

As we now know the White/Gold 2005 dragon is waiting to appear . We know there is at least one. smile.gif Happy Hunting.

Ann ( still waiting to find the black cowboy hat).

#26 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

Thanks a lot Ann - and best thanks Ann for your detailed explanations - that's exactly that way!!!

I am very pleased that I won this solid (for a reasonable price). Today a desire became true - I won a preferential, long desired piece!!!

There are no more many solids missing in my collection - but in reality I have only like three prototypes.

For the future I wish myself for my collection some more prototypes (like for example we know there is the "Magic Dragon" from 1999 in gold, or silver, red, or black each with white crystales and naturally the white/gold "Dragon" from 2005 ). There are still some more for which I would pay "good money", simply because I would like to have these "Solid-Prototypes"!

In incomplete and defective solids I am absolutely not interested!!!

Have a great Weekend,

Liliane (hoping for more prototypes)

#27 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

Liliane,

I am very happy for you. I hope the other prototypes end up in your collection. smile.gif

Catherine

#28 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Thank you Ann for explaining this and CONGRATS Liliane for aquiring it. I hope you aquire them all!

Katita

#29 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

I just checked out the link on the first post. This solid is so cute! I thought it would be an unfinished gold one.
Thanks for explaining, Ann. It is a rare piece.
And CONGRATULATIONS!!Liliane. You won the prize. It is so cute and colorful. I remember discussing this piece before.

#30 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:21 AM

Hi Liliane,

May I add my Congratulations because you managed to acquire a superb

piece : biggrin.gif

And thanks to Ann, for the great information.

This site is indeed very educational happy.gif

Pamela~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users