50 replies to this topic

#1 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:48 PM

[SIZE=7]HI everyone!
Remember a while back when we were sharing our ideas for what we would like to see in a solid. Several of us liked the idea of a painters pallet. Here is an empty one dated 2001. I love it! Does anyone know anything about it? Why did it never make it to the consumer? It is an awesome compact. Donna
[/SIZE]
http://painters pallet

Edited by Solidcrazy, 09 October 2005 - 12:12 PM.

#2 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:21 PM

Yes, I remember the discussion about a Painter's Pallet. And I saw the "prototype" Ebay. It's already over $200!! ohmy.gif I wonder why it never went into production? blink.gif

Catherine

#3 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:34 PM

Probably because someone stole it. ohmy.gif ph34r.gif Now is the perfect time to put it on ebay with the other "rare" trash bin solids.
Hmmm................ huh.gif blink.gif dry.gif

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:15 AM

I'm pretty sure this is the same person who sold the last painters pallet, only under a different eBay ID. Don't understand why EL doesn't put a stop to it.

A lot of times Louis Vuitton ends auctions on account the merchandise is fake, lots of company's do this so I don't understand why EL does not take the same stand.

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

ph34r.gif I'm pretty sure they must be their employees doing this, but does EL really know about it and who the person is? And can they prove it?

That's the problem with Ebay and technology today - you can be totally anonymous - when do you ever have to give your real details and prove it?

When things were supposed to be 'dumped' by EL, were they really dumped, or did the person who was supposed to do it recognise that they were dumping a lot of valuable stuff and therefore keep it for 'a rainy day'?

I don't think EL wants to put manpower in to stop these things . . . . they are probably looking at their own numbers and not worrying about yours. They don't care if their goods increase in value or not once they have left the shop. They don't even bother doing anything about their goods when they change colour in a few years like the Slot Machine etc. They don't even bother follow up on their own faux pars - like the "exclusives" that suddenly appear everywhere . . .

In short, the EL hierarchy may feel that these things are small fry compared to "the bigger picture" they must have . . . . .whatever that is.

Sad to say that their approach has turned global and commercial instead of personal.
mad.gif

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 11:55 PM

ohmy.gif Two days to go and already over $600.00!! ohmy.gif

The seller must be laughing! ph34r.gif

Edited by Sandra, 12 October 2005 - 11:55 PM.

#7 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:27 AM

I'm confused....Is the palette a fake or not??? There was one before? (and no I haven't bid cool.gif laugh.gif

#8 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

This is unbelievable! blink.gif I wouldn't have it in my collection, much less pay that kind of money for something like that!!! I think it would've made a nice general distribution solid. But some people are going overboard trying to get their hands on something that might not even be genuine! ohmy.gif

Catherine

#9 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

I don't understand how a person gets hold of something like this? Who would go to all that trouble to make a fake? So...maybe it's a throw away - they made a few to pass around the boardroom and them never produced or released it - then the board members keep the prototypes? Give them away as incentives to EL employees?

I don't know.....but the cost it's going for is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!

#10 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:23 PM

I think this is a real prototype that was never produced. To me, it's different than an unfinished solid you see more often. Still, kind of weird for someone to acquire so much "throw aways". We really can't prove if its theft, warehouse sales, employee gift, dumpster diving...etc.

Honestly, I really like this solid and wished EL sold them. I haven't bid because the price is totally out of my league. If the seller listed 20 more, then maybe I can be the 21st collector to have one. tongue.gif

#11 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

I think this could be a HOT new solid- I teach Art and would love to have this one- I would have used deep colored stones for the color blotches myself!!
Maybe the EL corporate spies are reading and may come up w/ this one in the future!! tongue.gif

Mark

#12 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Yeah - it'd be a real hoot if that happened, Mark!! tongue.gif

Especially when someone pays BIG money for this one and then EL release it as a solid for $300 next year . . . . !! wink.gif

#13 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

Or they release it as a general distribution. Wouldn't that really hurt! blink.gif

Catherine

#14 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:13 AM

ohmy.gif smile.gif
QUOTE(Printerslady @ Oct 13 2005, 11:12 PM)
Or they release it as a general distribution.  Wouldn't that really hurt!  blink.gif

[font=Arial]Catherine

View Post

Hello everyone,

I believe that the value of this compact is in a prototype edition that was never released and the 2001 stamp on the inside of the lid is just increase it value. Whatever they will produce in the years to come (even if they produce the identical compact), the value of the 2001 prototype will just go up because of its unique and rare version that was never released to the public for the reason. The reason is a mystery for many of us; however with the time we may find out about this reason as we did with Duck prototype (you may see the picture clicking on miscellaneous photos). I believe that the Duck prototype is valued more than $5000.00 and I know that some of us collectors would pay for it even moreÖ
[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple][FONT=Courier]

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

Be careful with this auction- I think some fishy bidding is going on. ph34r.gif

Do ya'll know what shill bidding is?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users