• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:52 PM

Oh my! a yellow dragon with a white base blink.gif That must be the limited edition laugh.gif laugh.gif A few of the solids look like last years. Sorta strange ph34r.gif

#17 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:25 PM

Yellow Dragon?!
I think this is the one I saw at EL counter a few months ago. But what I saw was 'Green Dragon'.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to call EL (in Japan) to accept my reservation for 2005 solids! They keep saying, 'not until the middle of Oct.' sad.gif Can't wait.....

Edited by Erica, 08 October 2005 - 09:26 PM.

#18 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

P.S.

I'm going to make my call to EL...

Edited by Erica, 08 October 2005 - 09:28 PM.

#19 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

I've decided not to buy any new solids or compacts this year. Nothing really WOWs me and I just don't care for the "exclusives" game that's being played. I am happy with my collection as of now. If Las Vegas ever gets a blingy solid that is a die, then I'm in. biggrin.gif

#20 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

A couple of members who live overseas asked me to order them a Bejeweled Bottle and ship it off to them thinking they could only get it here in the states. Now that we have all found out the Bejeweled Bottle will be available overseas I called Dallas to cancel my order, the SA I spoke to said she had no idea this solids would be sold outside the US let alone outside TX- she really sounded shocked like she didn't believe what I was telling her.

The secrecy from EL is totally ridiculous, why not just tell the truth?? It bewilders me and makes the collecting aspect for me less appealing.
dry.gif

#21 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

I know what you mean EL seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. OUCH! ohmy.gif

#22 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:25 PM

Did you notice thad, on the photo of the brochure from the Swiss EL Collection featuring, the solid "Pampered Pekinese" is also different?

The cushion, on which the dog sits on Swiss brochure, is not with gold embroidered (compar the pictures from page one).

Have all a great sunday,

Liliane

#23 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

You are right, Liliane. It seems like there is always some variation in the International solids.

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

I am trying to work out if it would be cheaper to buy the bottle from Europe as opposed to
the States....

Meanwhile I popped into Harrods on Saturday and they did not have any empty new solids on show! As many of you are already aware the prices are
as follows:

Bear 130 Bulldog 175 Palace Guard 175

unsure.gif

There is no picture of the Jewelled Bottle so perhaps it won't be released in the
U.K.??

Edited by Jacqueline, 09 October 2005 - 02:51 PM.

#25 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:19 PM

It is nice to have Bob Conte there to sign the solids. He can answer many of your questions on the solids he has designed.

On the negative I wonder how long before we see signed Bob Conte solids on ebay

#26 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Ron @ Oct 9 2005, 06:19 PM)
It is nice to have Bob Conte there to sign the solids.  He can answer many of your questions on the solids he has designed.

On the negative I wonder how long before we see signed Bob Conte solids on ebay

View Post

There's a Bejeweled Bottle on Ebay already! Signed last night at Neiman Marcus, Dallas NorthPark (item number 6569277234).

Bob Conte did answer some of my questions. And he pointed out some interesting things about the Pampered Pekinese. The design on the pillow actually came from one of the older solid boxes. And the dog originally looked like a Shitzhu. The picture in the international flyer is a mistake. There is only one version of the Pampered Pekinese. And there is only one version of the Lucky Dragon. After trying different colors for the dragon, red won. There won't be a yellow or green dragon showing up overseas. sad.gif

Catherine

#27 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:40 AM

Hi.

So, EL in Japan has finally announced their 2005 solids this weekend. What to point out are that they also have Bejeweled Bottle and the Dragon is Red (where has Green one been gone??).

The solids will be available from Nov. 11.

#28 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(blackvelvette @ Oct 8 2005, 01:53 AM)
No, our brochure features the red dragon. I must say the gold one is beautiful though!! wub.gif *drools*

Here is a picture. smile.gif

user posted image
~ Pamela ~

View Post

that's the invite card. A private preview event at held in SINGAPORE. also that's another public exibition event be held in one of the dept store in sinagpore

Edited by ringmaster888, 16 October 2005 - 10:53 AM.

#29 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(ringmaster888 @ Oct 16 2005, 10:50 AM)
that's the invite card. A private preview event at held in SINGAPORE. also that's another public exibition event be held in one of the dept store in sinagpore

View Post

Actually, the invitation was a separate piece of paper enclosed within. The BROCHURE itself has nothing about the private event, but lists the pieces from the collection and their respective prices. I did not include a picture of the invite itself, simply the brochure.

In addition, it was held at a hotel - if there is another exhibition to be held elsewhere, I am not aware of it at this point.

#30 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(blackvelvette @ Oct 17 2005, 12:08 AM)
Actually, the invitation was a separate piece of paper enclosed within. The BROCHURE itself has nothing about the private event, but lists the pieces from the collection and their respective prices. I did not include a picture of the invite itself, simply the brochure.

In addition, it was held at a hotel - if there is another exhibition to be held elsewhere, I am not aware of it at this point.

View Post

Hi blackvelvette, it will be held at ISETAN SCOTTS- event hall.... date i think it's from 20-22 Oct.... check them out. good luck and happy solid hunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users