• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

So once again we are being dupped by EL on the exclusivity of the Bejeweled Bottle. We were told this solid was only going to be sold at two locations and two locations only- Dallas and Houston.

Here is a photo of a brochure from the European EL collection featuring the- you guessed it- Bejeweled Bottle. Thanks to Ann for sending me the information.

user posted image

mad.gif mad.gif
* DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE THE YELLOW DRAGON??*

#2 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:00 AM

I just received a brochure from David Jones here in Australia and the "Exclusive" Bejewelled Bottle is also available here too! laugh.gif blink.gif

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:16 AM

The Radiant Fish was also a different colour in the U.K. brochure! Presumably
this is a printing error!?!

As far as the bottle is concerned, I am pleased I haven't ordered it as yet!

No doubt exclusivity only relates to one shop in a particular area!!

The wording (IMHO) should read ''EXCLUSIVE TO SAKS STORES ONLY!! or whatever....

ohmy.gif
It would be interesting to see the different prices from each country!

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 October 2005 - 04:29 AM.

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

What about the dragon in the brochure?? It looks much different than the one from the states.

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:40 AM

[I]Yes Woody, that was my thinking too. But, after the last fiasco with the Radiant Fish, I would put money on it being a printing error or mis-representation...either or or!!!!!!!

So how my dollars do you want to bet???

#6 tally

tally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:50 AM

Lisa,

It seems that the wife likes the "Bejeweled Bottle'!!!!! Their goes the budjet again. Can it be purchased from Donna in NY or any opther store in the Philadelphia area?????

Tally sad.gif unsure.gif cool.gif

#7 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:56 AM

I don't understand who benefits from this kind of action.

I think it makes old collectors less likely to continue to buy new product and discourages new collectors from starting - it plain makes no sense.

I guess I don't know enough about marketing product to understand where the lies come in.

#8 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:51 AM

I received the Estee Lauder brochure today and in it was the Bejewelled Bottle as

well. The launch date for the new solids in Singapore is 14th and 15th October.

Pamela ~

#9 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Pamela,

Did your brochure feature a yellow dragon as well? I think we'd all be interested to know if this is a mistake in the brochures or if there really is a different international version of the dragon.

Catherine

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:12 AM

It seems that the wife likes the "Bejeweled Bottle'!!!!! Their goes the budjet again. Can it be purchased from Donna in NY or any opther store in the Philadelphia area?????

Tally

Well, my guess would be that after the compact museum in TX the solid will be available in the LAs Vegas and NY stores. Remember the same crap with the America's Apple- it was soooo limited and only available at the IPBA show then bam, it was everywhere. mad.gif

#11 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(Printerslady @ Oct 7 2005, 08:22 AM)
Pamela,

Did your brochure feature a yellow dragon as well? I think we'd all be interested to know if this is a mistake in the brochures or if there really is a different international version of the dragon.

Catherine

View Post

Hi Catherine,

No, our brochure features the red dragon. I must say the gold one is beautiful though!! wub.gif *drools*

Here is a picture. smile.gif

user posted image

~ Pamela ~

Edited by blackvelvette, 07 October 2005 - 12:54 PM.

#12 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

Look what I just got in my email:

Dear Catherine,

Because you are a valued esteelauder.com member, we wanted to extend a private invitation to a very special event happening in your area.

PREVIEW PARTY:
Date: October 11th
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (public welcome)

Exhibit on display October 11-16, 2005

Neiman Marcus Northpark
400 Northpark Center
Dallas, TX 75225
(214) 363-8311

MEET THE COMPACT EXPERT:
Bob Conte, Jewelry Manufacturer and Designer, will be at Neiman Marcus on Wednesday, October 12th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come meet him in person and learn more about these exquisite artworks in miniature.

REFLECTIONS OF BEAUTY is a fascinating look at vintage and contemporary collectibles created by Este Lauder through five decades--featuring over 90 compacts in all. The exhibit includes several rare examples from Mrs. Este Lauder's own private collection, exclusive compacts from the 2005 Neiman Marcus collection and a special preview of what's to come in 2006.

My husband and I are going. I'll try to remember to bring the camera. rolleyes.gif

Catherine

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

Catherine,

That sound like fun! Tell Bob everyone from solidperfume says "hello"

If there is a rep from EL there please ask for me how collectors go about getting information- like the international dragon- is it yellow or not? It would be great if there was someone we (collectors as a group) could go to with questions or concerns.

Have a great time and we look forward to getting a report and photos!

#14 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

Wasn't the blue boot an LV exclusive?

It would be interesting to see a yellow dragon. Could have been a prototype they photographed before deciding on red?

Speaking of "exclusive", I think EL and sales reps throw around the term loosely! They just say it to prompt us to buy more. Sometimes it works on me, but not this year. Due to the big trip I just took and impending house purchase, I have almost no extra funds for solids. I must choose wisely....I have 2nd thoughts on the Harrods. I may end up buying only 1 or 2 solids this year. I need to sell some shoes and coats on ebay SOON.

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:08 AM

Hi Greyhound! If you have The Party Shoes, they should sell well smile.gif
Meanwhile, as many of us have already said, if the Harrods releases are anything
like the pictures, you can keep your 's and let the $$$$$$ accumulate.

I am going there this morning and if they have the empty ones up on display,
then I will write later! And if the Sentry Guard tries to shoot me after these
comments, sobeit! ph34r.gif

Meanwhile got to dash and get moving!

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users