#31 SharonParfums

SharonParfums

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:55 AM

rolleyes.gif

I just got this message from Roselyn Gerson:

If you would like to, you can let the solidperfume collectors know that the new Strongwater solid Framed Memories does not have a mirror on the top but has a photo of a period lady. Picture can be removed and replaced with your own photo. The price is $250.00 sold exclusively at Saks. Will also be available in Australia, UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan and Russia. Thanks so much.

Fondly,
Roselyn

#32 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

Can't wait for this one! It is beautiful!!!!

Jeanette

#33 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:06 AM

Sounds just like his Picture Frames. Bet it is beautiful, Lainey

#34 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(SharonParfums @ Oct 25 2005, 11:55 PM)
rolleyes.gif

I just got this message from Roselyn Gerson:

If you would like to, you can let the solidperfume collectors know that the new Strongwater solid Framed Memories does not have a mirror on the top but has a photo of a period lady.  Picture can be removed and replaced with your own photo.  The price is $250.00 sold exclusively at Saks.  Will also be available in Australia, UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan and Russia.  Thanks so much. 

Fondly,
Roselyn

View Post

Well I think we just solved the mystery of the word "exclusive"! Sold exclusively at Saks in the US, but available in many other countries....for which I am grateful biggrin.gif Basically what they're saying here is Saks has a stranglehold in the US, but the other countries sell in many other places. How many? Hmmmm....that remains to be seen I guess. Like many others, I'll just have to wait for the prices to fall on eBay unsure.gif

#35 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:11 PM

Jay Strongwater was at Saks in the Gallery Mall in Fort Lauderdale today. A nice event with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. He had some spectacular displays. He signed my 2005 solids and another gift purchase. As usual, he was very pleasant and charming. The best was that he brought the Framed Memories sample to the store. It is BEAUTIFUL! Great colors and crystals. It is scheduled to be in the store the first part of January. It's a must on my list.

I did ask what others he was designing for the coming year and he mentioned a chipmunk on a teapot and was trying to remember others when we were interrupted and we never got back to that subject.

Phyllis

#36 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

Hi Phyllis,
What a fun thing to do over the Holidays. I'm so excited to hear about the chipmunk on the teapot. Oh, I know I will love it!
Thanks for the update. biggrin.gif

Edited by KK, 11 December 2005 - 08:27 PM.

#37 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

Thank you Phyllis for the update. I have been wondering when Framed Memories was going to come out. I am envious of you meeting Jay Strongwater and seeing all his beautiful displays. I think his solids are gorgeous and am looking forward to more in 2006.
Joni biggrin.gif

#38 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:35 PM

KK

It was a fun thing to do! Even my hubby enjoyed it. He likes all the ladies at the perfume counters. They like him also as he never complains about how many solids I take home. And it was exciting to see the new Strongwater.
I liked the picture but the real thing is so much prettier.

This is the third time I have met Jay. Once at Niemans and twice at Saks.
When he signs his pieces he gives a pre-printed signature card confirming that he signed it at what place and date. Kinda neat.

Phyllis

#39 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

Micky from the New York Estee Lauder store has the Jay Strongwater Framed Memories in stock. I just placed my order today. smile.gif smile.gif

Edited by Nicki169, 19 December 2005 - 12:58 PM.

#40 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:44 PM

Thank you so much Barb for letting us know that the New York Estee Lauder store has this solid in. I have just placed my order with them as well thanks to your post. When this solid first came up on this board earlier this fall, I have had my eye on getting it. I feel it will be a great addition to my collection and liked very much the design of this solid from the pictures posted here. About two weeks ago I started to call various stores (Saks, Neiman Marcus) around the country (US) asking about their 2006 Spring solids. What I got was really something else. No one knew nothing about anything. One Saks associate thanked me for giving her information. The most disturbing comment for me was an associate from the EL Las Vegas store saying, "We won't know anything until the Compact Collectors Convention comes here in June." Well we know that convention won't be in Las Vegas this year thanks to Woody and EL New York already has the spring Strongwater in their store. I know from past posts here the EL New York store has been great to work with and for me today was no exception. They were very nice to do business with and took time with me. That is something else with Christmas less than a week away.

My best wishes for other members here on getting their spring 2006 solids for their collections.

Gigi

#41 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

Jay Strongwater was at Saks in the Gallery Mall in Fort Lauderdale today. A nice event with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. He had some spectacular displays. He signed my 2005 solids and another gift purchase.

Phyllis,

Wish I knew about Jay being at the Galleria- I would have tried to make it. Why doesn't EL let us know things like this, it really wouldn't be that hard! mad.gif

OH WELL......

#42 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:55 PM

Lisa

I am so sorry that I didn't think to email you about Jay Strongwater signing.
I didn't know he was going to be there until one of the EL counter gals called me the day before. Not much advance notice but I still managed to get there. I will make sure the EL sales assts put you on their list to call for any of these events.

Phyllis

#43 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 07:55 PM

WOW!! blink.gif blink.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Talk about fast service! I ordered Estee Lauder's Framed Memories From Micky on Dec. 19th and it arrived this evening (12/20). What a surprise. The 2006 boxes are gold and blue like last year. But they work differently. The blue box (the bottom) slides inside the gold box (the top). The gold box is a sleeve, top, bottom and three sides and the blue portion slides into the one side of the gold box that is open. There is a blue ribbon tab on the blue portion of the box. The tab is used to separate the blue box from the gold box. The gold box is shiney and smooth, no texture like in previous years.

There is a picture included in the frame. The biggest surprise is when you look at the back of the frame. The oval piece that is holding the picture in the frame has a border of gold and EL in gold script letters in the center. The rest is a navy blue background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users