31 replies to this topic

#16 sandy

sandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:10 AM

a big thank you to liliane and hans

which give us european collectors the change to meet us.

it was very special to meet so many solid collectors, from different countrys in our little country.

and it made it very special, because ann and ken where also there. thank you for the presents. it was nice to meet you and i hope we will be in touche for many years.

ann and ken, i hope you will have a lot of nice memories to to tanke home with you. have a good trip home!

lilian has a big collection and she has a very special hand to present (dislpay) her beautiful collection. ohhhhhhhhhh, she has sooooooo many solids i am missing!!!!!!!! but i hope my small collection will grow up.

now, it was nice to meet you all!!!

it was a great time we had together, but the time was to short. so i am sure to be there on the second convention next year. i am looking forward to meet you all again.

thank you lilian and hans for the good time and the presents

hope you all have a great solid-time

greetings

sandra (sandy)

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

Sandy,

Thanks so much for the report and a big welcome, happy to see you posting! biggrin.gif

I would love to attend next year and would love to see Lilian's collection in person! It would be the perfect opportunity to finally travel overseas. wink.gif

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

Ditto!! Great to see the support and collections in Europe! Lillian, everyone is raving about your collection! It was nice of you to open up your house to everyone! smile.gif

Let us know that you arrived home safely, Ann & Ken !

#19 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

WOW!!! WHAT FUN FOR YOU GUYS!! I LOVE HEARING ABOUT "SOLID" GATHERINGS. YOU ALL LOOK WONDERFUL! GLAD IT WAS A SUCCESS AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL.

It was nice of you to list the names of the people in the pictures, they are really nice.

Katita

#20 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

Wow! What a treat to see the photos from the compact meeting. Love looking at you gals, all very beautiful. I can tell you're having fun. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Thanks for the great report. Ken they were wise to make you the recording secretary.

Edited by Lisa, 04 October 2005 - 09:00 PM.

#21 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:22 AM

What a wonderful event! The first convention will always be a very special memory. Thanks for sharing the pictures and happenings with all of us.

Phyllis

#22 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:46 AM

smile.gif Thank you all for your answers and comments with the friendly, kind words smile.gif !

rolleyes.gif I would like to take here also the opportunity to all participants to thank them again for its coming and the great, wonderful time we had together! rolleyes.gif Additionally - special thanks Ann and Ken - your coming brought me the idea to organize the "First Compact Meeting 2005" rolleyes.gif

Ann and Ken left this morning Europe. They turn back to the United States - back home. A marvelous time has endet - thanks a lot Ann and Ken - we had so much fun together! biggrin.gif

Hans and I will go tomorrow to Italy for some days .

Take care all! So long,

Liliane

PS.: KK - in the column "Members Photos" I did put some new pics of my collection - also of the Ivory Series.

#23 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(Gigi @ Oct 4 2005, 02:41 AM)
Question:  In the Harrods picture, off to the left I notice what looks like a powder compact with the English Union Jack on the lid of the compact. Am I correct and how many pounds does that one cost?

View Post

Hi Gigi

rolleyes.gif Yes - it is the English Union Jack! rolleyes.gif
I bought this powder compact as we were in England and it did cost 90.00!

Kind regards,

Liliane

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

HELLO GIGI..... smile.gif

IF YOU LIKE THE UNION JACK POWDER COMPACT TRY THE E.L. STORE IN LAS VEGAS, THEY HAD IT BEFORE HARRODS....ODD BUT TRUE.

THE PRICE THAT I BOUGHT IT AT WAS ABOUT $90 + TAX, IT WORKED OUT AT ABOUT 52.

REGARDS........Margaret

#25 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:49 AM

Thank you very much Liliane and Margaret for explaining about the Union Jack Powder Compact which is pictured on one of the photos in this topic. I really do appreciate it. I'm not an active powder compact collector, but let's just say I do have a "few" powder compacts in my collection along with the solids. This one looks good! smile.gif

Thanks again,
Gigi

Edited by Gigi, 05 October 2005 - 11:51 AM.

#26 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

Posted some photos in Members photos.

Once again thanks to everyone that made our stay in Europe so wonderful and a special thanks to Liliane and Hans for showing us the most beautiful country on the face of the planet.

Ken

#27 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Thanks so much, Ken. The photos are great. I really enjoyed viewing them. It's good to put a face to the name. laugh.gif

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the additional photos Ann & Ken, they are great!

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:51 PM

smile.gif Yeah - nice photos - everyone looked different to what I had imagined! Very nice to see the 'real' you, everyone!!

In particular, Ken - you surprised me. You look taller than I guessed and have a face of a very nice man! (I'll have to ask the others to validate this!) laugh.gif

What was it like travelling with all those women? cool.gif

#30 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:11 PM

smile.gif You are very welcome Ann and Ken smile.gif
smile.gif It was beautiful to have you with us smile.gif

Greetings from Switzerland,

Liliane & Hans rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic