• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:11 PM

Yesterday we ended our very first meeting in Europe of solid collectors.

Astrid came from Germany, Carla from Italy, Maddalena and Felix from Luzern, Madeleine from Chur, Sandra and Alex from Wollerau and Marlies and Lottie from Magden.

The meeting was Hosted by Liliane and Hans with Ann and Ken as special guest from the US.

We started the meeting with a trip to Marlies and Lotties for a view of each of their wonderful collections at their homes with refreshments. Lottie had a great ice cream cake for us.

We then traveled to London and met with Liliane & Hans for a trip to Harrods to meet with Allison . The new solids were not in yet but we had a great time shopping at Harrods .

user posted image

To conclude the meeting lunch was at the Szenario in Steinhausen with great food and very good conversation ( solids and cars) lasting 3 hours.

Then on to Lilianes for a real treat of viewing her collection and very fine muesum of Estee Lauder.

All were given gifts of Estee Lauder products.

We will travel back to the US tomorrow and will have more photos to post.

user posted image

More later about the fun we all had and plans for next year

Ken (secretary/reporter)

Edited by Liliane, 03 October 2005 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:28 PM

WOW! How fantastic, we wish we were there too as it sounds like a wonderful time. Thanks for the photos and the reports, looking forward to hearing and seeing more!

ps- Ann, you look great (so does everyone else)
biggrin.gif

Can you give us names in the photos from left to right, it is so great to see everyone together!

#3 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yes - we all had a really wonderful time!!!

The names (from left to right) in the second picture are:

Maddalena / Madeleine / Liliane / Ann / Carla / Sandra
and all in front Astrid (which is in reality the tallest one of us all rolleyes.gif )

Lisa and Jack - it would have been great, if you would have been here also!
biggrin.gif How about next year - for the "Second Compact Meeting 2006" biggrin.gif

Kindest regards,

Liliane

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:43 PM

What wonderful news! I am so glad to put faces with the names of my solidperfume friends! Woody

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

Yes, I too love putting faces to names, most I did recognize.

Can you also let us know who is in the top photo at the EL counter? I did know what Alison looks like and not sure which one is her. blink.gif

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:23 PM

smile.gif Yes - nice to "see" you all and put faces to names. You all look lovely! What a great get together . . . . !

Ann - it must have been a welcome break from Baton Rouge and the crisis there . . . . I was wondering how you were going over there and thought you must have been so busy as not to post an update.

Anyway, did you and Ken have to leave everyone there to fend for themselves, or did you manage to oust them all before you went?

And what about your pets???? unsure.gif

#7 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

Thanks a million for your report Ken and for your report too Liliane. Its just grand to read and see all of the pictures so far and all of your smiling faces. Just wonderful. I know when solid perfume collectors meet in person, we all have a good time and the pictures here prove that again.biggrin.gif This topic is well appreciated.

Question: In the Harrods picture, off to the left I notice what looks like a powder compact with the English Union Jack on the lid of the compact. Am I correct and how many pounds does that one cost?

Gigi

#8 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:27 AM

Thanks to Liliane it was a real pleasure to meet personally some Lauder collectors.

Her meeting organization was perfect. I enjoyed everything there and admired her wonderful collection.

I'll post some photos on members photo area because I don't know how to post them in this chat area.

Again thanks to Liliane and her husband.

Carla (alias Charlotte)

#9 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:42 AM

smile.gif It was indeed a great pleasure meeting fellow collectors and having a good time together!

Thank you very much Liliane and by the way you have an outstanding collection rolleyes.gif

Madeleine

#10 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:22 AM

Hi Liliane and Hans,

We Thank you sooooo much for give us the possibility to could meet some Solids Collectors you Liliane, Madeleine, Carla, Sandra, Astrid and very specially Ann and Ken (Ann I thank you too so much for all) , it was a really special wonderful interesting Day for me ( and for Felix too about cars and motorbikes conversations wink.gif)
Liliane Compliments for your WONDERFUL COLLECTION WOW wub.gif , I will surely be there next Year on "Second Compact Meeting 2006"

My hope is next year to could go on "Las Vegas Convention" too smile.gif , I really have to plane it now blink.gif !!!!!!!

The best Wishes to you all from

Maddalena, Felix and the Kids

#11 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:20 AM

Thanks to everyone whom attend the European Solid Collectors Convention
and all the great photos, loved seeing everyone and putting names to smiling faces.
biggrin.gif

#12 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for sharing this with us! It is so nice to put faces with names and it looks as though you all were having a wonderful time.

Jeanette smile.gif

#13 eh2344

eh2344

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Oct 3 2005, 10:41 PM)
Yes, I too love putting faces to names, most I did recognize.

Can you also let us know who is in the top photo at the EL counter? I did know what Alison looks like and not sure which one is her. blink.gif

View Post

Hi Alison is the blonde lady in between Anne and Lilianne and the lady on the other end is Caroline who works part time.
From Elena
PS Alison says how nice it was to meet the collectors at last.

#14 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:30 AM

Fabulous pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time. Would love to be there myself. Ann - you look so slim and trim! Know you are having a great time in Europe.

#15 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Oct 3 2005, 07:23 PM)
smile.gif  Yes - nice to "see" you all and put faces to names.  You all look lovely!  What a great get together . . . . ! 

Ann - it must have been a welcome break from Baton Rouge and the crisis there . . . . I was wondering how you were going over there and thought you must have been so busy as not to post an update. 

Anyway, did you and Ken have to leave everyone there to fend for themselves, or did you manage to oust them all before you went? 

And what about your pets???? 

Hi Sandra and all friends of S.P. biggrin.gif

Ditto the photo's do look good, I didn't realise that there are so few European E.L. collectors, or maybe they just couldn't go to the convention!

Seeing that there are so few it might have been a good idea to combine it with our one in London, and I am sure that they would have had a great time, especially as Jacky is organising the event, it should be good, and I am sorry that I will miss it as I will be in Florida.

I am sure the people that Ann and Ken gave a roof over their heads to, would look after their pets too............lets face it, its nothing like the crisis that they have been under!!!!!!!

Elly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users