4 replies to this topic

#1 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:40 PM

http://www.informati...9/logistics.htm

Copy and paste into your browser. Here is an article about how Estee used to send it's products to landfills but now due to this software they can "redistribute" the products. Donna

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for the link, Donna - it's an interesting read to say the least (although I had to do a stupid survey just so that I could read the page!). EL must save "plenty of money" by doing this!!

The only possibly worrying thing is that the are going to reduce the numbers and production. This is good in the sense that the solids will be more valuable in the future if they are indeed limited, but no so good in the sense that in years to come, the production of solids may disappear altogether . . . . and THAT will be a very sad thing! sad.gif

Also, the thought that the solids may continue to not be so dazzling and appealing as they have been in the past as EL will be cutting costs to make them. We already have evidence of this ! mad.gif

#3 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

Hmmm..........an interesting article. Found out while bragging. tongue.gif

Hi y'all. It's good to be back on board. I've been traveling, painting the garage blink.gif ohmy.gif I'll never do that again. rolleyes.gif And getting ready for the State Fair. Now, I'm gonna get back to my lazy self. laugh.gif

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:11 PM

Donna,

Thanks for the article very interesting! Are they re-selling cosmetics and skin care too? YUCK!

#5 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 05:39 PM

Interesting article. I'm more concerned with waste. American companies often throw out perfectly good products. My dad went to the city dump a few years ago to haul away heavy trash and he saw brand new sneakers and sporting goods there! Companies should donate that kind of stuff to the less fortunate instead! I could never understand what people are thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users