• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#91 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

Hey - a coherent Jacky this time around . . . . must've slept off the grog !

So, what were in the goodie bags? smile.gif

#92 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

Hi Jacky,
Thanks for posting the photos they are great!

#93 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:17 AM

Hi KK, I have a couple of photos which are NOT good but Charlotte has taken
some which will be posted soon! Will go through mine later today to see
if there are anymore which can be used.

Meanwhile waiting to hear how Woody is getting on in Paris. They must be having
a ball and wish we could have gone too!

Next time hope you can make it here and spend a few extra days in London...... smile.gif

#94 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:59 AM

Hello to all of you,

I enjoyed very very much the London convention and I was really very happy to meet personally Jacky, Margaret, Sophie and Woody and all other people there.

They have been really wonderful with me.

JACKY HAS BEEN GREAT!!

Soon I'll post my photos.

Charlotte

#95 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:20 AM

I love the photos! smile.gif It looks like everyone had a great time. Wish I could've been there; next time, I will for sure. cool.gif

Catherine

#96 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:07 AM

Hello everyone..... laugh.gif

The convention was great...... wub.gif I travelled down to London to meet up with Jacky and then we went on to the convention hotel at Heathrow. Finding Charlotte and Sophie on the bus was an amazing coincidence....Big hugs and kisses and cries of delight all round and then to find Woody, Troy and Lenor in the reception area of the hotel when we arrived made my day.

The convention was very well organized and I found all the talks very interesting and imformative. The Hotel kept us well supplied with plenty of good food and good strong coffee.

All the IPBA members made we feel very welcome and the goody bags were a joy...... I came home with about twenty different sorts of perfume samples and shall now be the best smelling shopper in our village..... laugh.gif

Many thanks to Jacky who guided me through London...... ohmy.gif

Woody......It was good to meet you, what a nice person you are...... wub.gif

Troy..........I will always remember your smile and your delightful glasses...... biggrin.gif

Charlotte....You are one dear special lady...... wub.gif

Sophie........What can I say, your my sort of person......... smile.gif smile.gif laugh.gif

Olwyn.........I know you don't have a computer yet but if you see this message do stay in touch.....your northern accent took me back to my roots....... smile.gif

A big thankyou to Terry and Penny for the convention........I HAD A SUPER TIME

My best wishes to all the people that I met..........Margaret

#97 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:47 PM

Hello,

just finished to post photos! smile.gif

Charlotte

#98 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:25 PM

laugh.gif Margaret - you all drank COFFEE in London?? What happened to the Earl Grey tea?? So un-British!! I am disappointed. laugh.gif

Charlotte - fantastic photos. Just spent a lovely half hour viewing them all and saw what fun was missed by all those un-attendees.

I can see why Woody resisted the Marmite - it's all in the technique, Jacky !! It's much better on hot toast with butter. You have to butter while warm so that it sinks in and then add a fine coat of vegemite/marmite on so they blend in together. Now that taste is to die for !! (OK - well, better than straight from the packet!) cool.gif

#99 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

Great photos!!!

Looks like you had a very good time. smile.gif

Ann

#100 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

HI SANDRA....... laugh.gif EARL GREY, UCK ohmy.gif IT TASTES LIKE DISHWATER TO ME.

I LIKE MY TEA STRONG ENOUGH TO STAND THE SPOON UP IN AND MY COFFEE HOT STRONG AND VERY VERY BLACK biggrin.gif

REGARDS........Margaret........

#101 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Margaret - Earl Grey is good when you drink your tea black (but then again, that's not the English 'white with one' way, is it?) I prefer Prince of Wales or English Breakfast myself . . . . !

Sounds like you like your tea like molasses!! laugh.gif

#102 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

Yes Ann we all had a very good time! Thanks for posting. It was a pity
that we could not all have met up at the same time in the U.K. It would have
been quite a gathering! Maybe next year and once the dates are decided,
perhaps some of our International Members would consider the Convention
as a stop=over before continuing to Paris or............ Am sure Woody will
have thoughts and ideas on this. Would be nice to see some of our friends in
Australia and other countries too. Personally, I would love to attend a
Convention in Singapore! Hoping they will get one together soon before I
need my wheelchair!

Now the work starts to discuss what else could have been done or not done....
etc. So looking forward wink.gif this should provide an even more exciting venue for next year in the U.K>.....

#103 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

Thats s good idea .. BUT

I put on the board well ahead of our visit overseas asking if anyone was interested in meeting . SO we only met with the folks that were interested that got in touch with us.
NO one in England except Harrods who wanted to sell us stuff was remotely interested in meeting us.

Ann

#104 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:27 PM

sad.gif OUCH !! I was remotely interested (remote being the operative word here) !! smile.gif

Seriously, I think both occasions were good for the members involved and those who attended either seemed to enjoy themselves with the company at each respective location.

Both were different in their own right and should be respected as such. It would be easier to meet at a convention in one place rather than face the logistics of meeting up and travelling to different locations/venues as happened in Europe, which I am in admiration of those who actually committed themselves to doing it !!

Like Jacky said, it would have been good to have met up if more than a few of you were intending to go to London as a 'meeting of collectors' as it was announced after the fact. To me, Ann (and this is not taking sides or anything immature like that) the purpose for a convention is for a whole group of people to meet together in one place to share a vested interest in something. I recall when you put it to the folks on the site that you were simply travelling to England. This is different from a convention where people have got a committee and itinery together to deal with the hundreds of people who might be attending.

Not taking away from the importance of you and Ken, BUT if it was stated that there were a dozen or so of you travelling to London together, then it's possible that more of a response would have been made.

I am also SURE that it would have made sense to go to the convention there, though timing etc. might not have worked!!

I noticed when I remarked about Aussie collectors getting together (meaning convention type, not just lunch or brekkie) somehow and some way, there was NO response from anyone either (except for Sara the Canadian who also lives in Sydney but won't eat vegemite).

Anyway, shame to spoil either event by this type of talk. You just seem offended and I am saying don't be, that's all. The convention was widely publicised as well.

#105 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

Sandra well put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users