• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:03 AM

Wouldn't want you to miss anything, Woody, but do love to hear what's happening. rolleyes.gif Hope you're having a great time! smile.gif

Catherine

P.S. - What did you think of the Harrod's Bulldog when you saw it in person?

#77 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

Gee Woody you are so busy how will you have time for the convention????? biggrin.gif
Have fun and say hello to all the Brit collectors for me

#78 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

MARMITE!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!!! Jacky force fed me this stuff! Photos to follow......

Having a wonderful time with Jacky, Carla, Margaret, Sophie, Lenore, Phyllis, and
Thanks, Ron, Sandra for your posts.....Jacky, well, what can I say........

The bulldog is great! The sentry guard is so-so......the bears aren't in yet.

Tomorrow is the show, then we are off to Paris. Watch for Carla's photos.....they'll be great!

Woody

#79 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

MARMITE???? Great stuff. Meanwhile, Vegas Lady came to town and we
travelled on to meet up at the Comfort Inn Hotel. Bumped into a lovely French
Collector waiting for the shuttle bus. Then boarded only to see Charlotte sitting
comfortably waiting for the bus to take off! She thought she was going back to
Milan, but, unfortunately found herself with three ladies, scrEaming, laughing and shouting, at the same time pointing at her yelling, Charlotte, Charlotte, LOok what you've got! Then Dear Charlotte went.........TO POT!

Arrived at the hotel only to find, Troy and Woody not far behind!!!! Behind us all, signing in, Oh My God, what a DIN! Then Troy and Woody retired for the night,
out of earshot, out of sight, and Margaret, when I tried to sleep, kept on yacking, who would not sleep!!!! French Collector knocked on the door, OUi, oui, we said,
she wanted more......More to eat, more to drink.God I'm so tired, can hardly blink!

Next door, with lots of dust in our eyes, hardly opened, NO Surprise!! Hardly managed to concentrate, so soon all over, much TOOOOOOO LATE.

WELL THATS MY STORY FOR ALL OUR FRIENDS!!! AM OFF TO DRINK AND GET THE BENDS......

laugh.gif

#80 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

HELLO EVERYONE...... smile.gif

WELL A GOOD TIME IS BEING HAD BY ALL. I MUST POINT OUT THAT I DID NOT KEEP JACKY AWAKE ALL NIGHT... ph34r.gif IT WAS ME THAT WAS KEPT AWAKE CAN THAT WOMAN TALK...... ohmy.gif ONLY JOKING.

THE CONVENTION IS A HUGE SUCCESS AND I AM ENJOYING MY FIRST TIME AND MEETING UP WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

JUST LOVE WOODY....... wub.gif

WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATE SOON......... jUST DRAGGING OURSELVES BACK TO THE BAR FOR OUR EIGHTH G&T AND TAKING OLLIE AND SOPHIE, AND UNCLE TOM COBLEY AND ALL.

BEST REGARDS TO ALL THE POWDER PUFF PUFF MEMBERS.....OLLIES HAVING A GREAT TIME HERE AT THE IPBA UK CHAPTER....YOU SHOULD ALL HAVE COME, WE ARE HAVING SUCH FUN........GOT TO RUN tongue.gif

BIBIBIBIBIBIBIBIBIBIB biggrin.gif

#81 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

regards MARGARET tongue.gif

#82 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON! THINK Vegas Lady needs to get to bed! Something
has gone to her head, and it isn't meeeee!

You can all have a go at her......not me......meanwhile Woody and Troy and drinking it up....that's all I'm saying for tonight, they're coming to get me.....
What a sight

#83 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:53 AM

Good morning everyone! I have just come from the UK show and visiting with my new friends. Can you tell we are all a bit giddy last night??? Jacky and Margaret are quite a pair..... laugh.gif

Lots more to update....do watch for the pics....have a good week!

Woody

#84 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the updates everyone, sounds like you all are having a blast! Hope to hear lots more with photos! smile.gif

#85 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:51 AM

After reading the posts we wonder how they feel this morning. laugh.gif

Keep us posted please. We're jealous. smile.gif

#86 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

Sounds like someone had too much fun! Can't wait to see the photos biggrin.gif

#87 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the updates - Jacky, Margaret and Woody - you all sound quite incoherent!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Will have to wait until Charlotte posts to get some sense ! laugh.gif

It sounds like the G&T's are causing Jacky to have word association games with herself . . . . laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret - you sound like you still have your head on, though that was prior to MORE drinks . . . ! cool.gif

And Woody - you must be having an absolute hoot !! Glad you gave Marmite a try - hope you didn't just eat it off the spoon! That WOULD make you puke! huh.gif

Charlotte - what happened? Where did they leave you? Where did you go? sad.gif

#88 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:21 AM

WOW!

Lots of fun and drinking and talking and food and marmite (which I don't class as food...). Everybody getting to know one and other - sounds like a blast!

By the way, was there any PERFUME at this event? tongue.gif

#89 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:44 AM

The Convention was a really fun time and learning experience....

It was great especially meeting up with Lenore and Jerry, Phyllis, Woody & Troy(USA), Sophie from Paris, Charlotte (Milan), Ollie, Margaret and many other members from here and various parts of the world........ apologies for not listing each and everyone of you........!

Yes Sara, there were perfumes, compacts and various talks including the slide show of wonderful perfume bottles which was used at the last IPBA Convention.

The amenities, food and organisation was excellent and even though spread over two days we still did not have sufficient time to chat and spend a great deal of time together. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was still not enough! smile.gif

The booklet which Catherine sent for the round table discussion was much appreciated. It was really useful and informative. Thank You!

The slide show presentation which many of you saw at the last IPBA Convention, was amazing! Loved every minute of it. There were talks on the making of perfume bottles, also on the basics of using the internet, and the changing advertising of perfumes and their relation to fashion and marketing.

For myself, the best part was being with our wonderful, friendly perfumery friends, and the chance to make new ones. It was a non-stop eating, learning, laughing experience and one I am happy I did not miss!!!!!

A big thank you to Estee Lauder Head Office London who provided the goody bags...

A huge thank you to Terry and Penny for all their hard work in organising this wonderful event.. To all the members of the Committee ...........AND to all the members who took time out to attend.......and to all of you who supported us
with your interest and comments.......

smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 24 October 2005 - 11:54 AM.

#90 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:15 PM

Sounds like LOTS of Fun & FOOD! too bad i am busy with work.....

LOVE to see pictures of the event and friends here who attended there. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users