• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#46 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

I am a member of IPBA and am very excited to go to London for the UK Chapter event and meet many friends....

Woody

#47 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

HELLO woody..... smile.gif you must have a counter selling there? laugh.gif

#48 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

no..just going to have fun and visit! Maybe next time... smile.gif

#49 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(Sara @ Oct 14 2005, 09:06 AM)
Well gee Sandra, I'm in Sydney too...but of course I'm a Canadian, so maybe getting together wouldn't be "Aussie" enough† tongue.gif†  And you'd have trouble with my funny accent too!†

View Post

On the contrary Sara, I have no trouble understanding 'Canadian' ! laugh.gif
I think you misunderstood my post about the possibility of getting the Australians together (yes - you are counted as an Australian member because you live over here). Just saying that there would be some difficulty because of the distances other members would have to travel, that's all. Not excluding you at all, but I will expect you to eat vegemite if we meet for breakfast! laugh.gif

Edited by Sandra, 16 October 2005 - 09:53 PM.

#50 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

Well I shall try and get Woody to eat Marmite for breakfast! That's more or less the same as vegemite ?????????? And Catherine, am sure you and Sandra would get on like a house on fire (that's an English expression for getting on well)!
So you can tell us all about it when you both meet up.....

Woody, it really is fantastic that you are taking the time and trouble to visit us
over here. Also Lenore, Charlotte, Phyllis and........everyone. Meanwhile, we are still experiencing unusually warm and sunny weather. Am hoping it will continue. If it is like this for your trip to Windsor, it will be great........

wink.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 16 October 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#51 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

How'd I get into this? huh.gif I think Sandra meant to address her post back to Sara. I've never been to Australia, but I'd like to someday. smile.gif

Catherine
(from TEXAS)

#52 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:22 PM

Oooops! laugh.gif I was wondering how many Catherines we had on the site! But you do know of Catherine the Great, so the more the merrier!

Will not edit my post Catherine. Nice to have you around either way! smile.gif

#53 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(Printerslady @ Oct 16 2005, 11:08 PM)
How'd I get into this? huh.gif I think Sandra meant to address her post back to Sara.† I've never been to Australia, but I'd like to someday.† smile.gif

Catherine
(from TEXAS)

View Post

Yep - absolutely - I was replying to Sara (big oops!) . . . I thought I was replying to 'CapersInOz' who I thought wrote the post (but now looking at it, she didn't) and who I believe is also a Catherine and lives in Sydney . . . . I stand corrected if I'm wrong and her name isn't Catherine and she doesn't live in Sydney!

Sorry Printerslady - I wasn't directing any sort of comment to you, so don't worry. No vegemite for you!! laugh.gif

Apologies also to anyone else who I involved unnecessarily . . . . ! unsure.gif

Have edited the name now so no-one is confused (especially me!)

So Sara, - the one with the hungry cat and snow globes? Have I got this right? ohmy.gif

Edited by Sandra, 16 October 2005 - 09:54 PM.

#54 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Oct 16 2005, 11:22 PM)
Oooops! laugh.gif    I was wondering how many Catherines we had on the site!    But you do know of Catherine the Great, so the more the merrier!

Will not edit my post Catherine.        Nice to have you around either way! smile.gif

View Post

Then there was 'Catherine of Aragon' . . . . 'Catherine Parr' . . . . this was a common name it seems in Old England! laugh.gif

Sorry again to be so bad not to even see who the writer is !! Tch!! dry.gif Naughty, naughty me! Promise to be more careful next time!

#55 Sara

Sara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Oct 17 2005, 01:39 PM)
Yep - absolutely - I was replying to Sara (big oops!) . . . I thought I was replying to 'CapersInOz' who I thought wrote the post (but now looking at it, she didn't) and who I believe is also a Catherine and lives in Sydney . . . . I stand corrected if I'm wrong and her name isn't Catherine and she doesn't live in Sydney!†

Sorry Printerslady - I wasn't directing any sort of comment to you, so don't worry.† No vegemite for you!!† laugh.gif

Apologies also to anyone else who I involved unnecessarily . . . . !† unsure.gif

Have edited the name now so no-one is confused (especially me!)

So Sara, - the one with the hungry cat and snow globes?† Have I got this right?† ohmy.gif

View Post

Oops - ok here's the mystery solved....Sandra, you were replying to CaperInOz...I had Jack change my profile for me yesterday to just Sara. Guess I should have let people know tongue.gif

yes... hungry cat, far fewer snow globes than I used to have due to him

So, not another Catherine, just one Sara - are there any other Saras out there? Or Sarahs even smile.gif

Cheers,
Sara (formerly CaperInOz)

ps: I will absolutely not meet you for breakfast if you force me to eat vegemite either, lol

Edited by Sara, 17 October 2005 - 03:39 AM.

#56 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:08 AM

Whew, glad that is all solved!! tongue.gif I was having an identity crisis for a moment there. Am I Canadian? Do I live in Australia? Do I like Vegemite? wink.gif Glad to know I'm still Catherine in Texas....great or not, you decide. cool.gif

Catherine

#57 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:00 PM

smile.gif Me too!!

But here's another situation for you - Maybe you're not the only Catherine in the world either and maybe I was referring to a Catherine in another state or part of the world . . . .! Would that also cause an identity crisis? Maybe you don't live in Texas . . . do you?

Maybe it's because you also changed your ID here that you're confused.
Maybe you do like Vegemite but don't know it! Some Texans would because they think they are part Aussie, don't they Don?

Regardless of who you are or where you live, just make sure that when you go to England you avoid the 'mushy peas'! (Take note, Charlotte!!) cool.gif

#58 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

I'm afraid to ask....

What's Marmite? unsure.gif

Vegemite?

#59 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:29 PM

Wow, Sandra, now you're REALLY messing with my head! blink.gif

Catherine

#60 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hello Greyhound. Will try and answer your question i.e. what's marmite, but will leave the vegemite to Sandra.

Marmite, which I quite like, is a yeast extract (I think). It is dark brown in colour and tastes quite salty. It goes well with watercress and on brown bread and butter/margerine. Apparantly it is very similar to Vegemite!

I hope Vegas Lady reads this, and maybe she can explain it more......

Over to you Margaret and Sandra ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users