What's going on? ohmy.gif

#17 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 02:01 AM

Hi All and thank you for help me smile.gif ,

Pamela thank you smile.gif for the more details about this wonderful piece wub.gif , now i'm sure I have the 1999 Carousel , I am really surprised to read that there are 4 different Carousels , 2 from 1999 and 2 from 2000, WOW WOW blink.gif !!!!!!

Maddalena

#18 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:21 AM

Why would they make FOUR different carousels in two years? I'm baffled!! blink.gif Where are all these carousels??? I only want one!! wub.gif biggrin.gif

Catherine

#19 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:14 AM

MAYBE THEY WILL MAKE A FIFTH!

wink.gif

#20 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:16 AM

But if they make a fifth, do you think it would be as nice as the 1999 or 2000 carousels? EL would probably ask a pretty penny for it and cut corners on the quality like they been with all their other recent solids. Maybe they might even put the lion facing the other direction because the "designer" liked it better that way at the last moment! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Catherine

#21 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

My carrousel is a 1999 model, too. So...what are the other 2 carrousels like?

#22 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:57 PM

We just want one. sad.gif

(Are you listening, fairy godmother)? biggrin.gif

#23 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(Don and Margaret @ Aug 26 2005, 03:57 AM)
We just want one.  sad.gif

(Are you listening, fairy godmother)?  biggrin.gif 

View Post

Hi Everyone!!! smile.gif

All this talk about the carousel makes me kind of miss mine.....i sold it last year.......
but i got a good price for it.....$1000.................not bad, huh? biggrin.gif

BUT I STILL HAVE THE CIRCUS TENT AND CIRCUS LION IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED!!! I ALSO HAVE THE PIROUETTE.....AND THE FROSTED IGLOO, THE SHIMMERING OASIS, SAND CASTLE, STATUE OF LIBERTY (GOLD BOX SIGNED BY EVELYN LAUDER AND BOB CONTE!!), LUCKY HAND, WEDDING CAKE, ENCHANTED FAIRY, TEDDIES, PEGASUS, OCTOPUS, AND THE STRAW HAT JUST TO NAME A FEW!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
CAN I INTEREST ANY OF YOU IN A GREAT DEAL??? wink.gif

#24 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:47 AM

Okay folks, after much research and checking small points, I've finally figured out the REAL difference between the 1999 and 2000 Carousels...... the 1999 Horse has a white back with a blue spot behind the saddle .... the 2000 Horse has a BLUE back with a WHITE spot behind the saddle. They BOTH have a red, green, blue top. Also, the poles that hold the 3 rides, (horse, deer, lion) are all GOLD in the 1999 version. In the 2000 version they are thicker and WHITE & GOLD. The 1999 Carousel comes in a circular box and the 2000 in a square box. Also, the inside center base is positioned differently under each animal. If you line up the horses saddle with the color of the inside center base, it lines up between the blue and the green inside base top color but on the 2000 it lines up closer to the red. Small but interesting differences that have taken me years to figure out....hope this makes sense and helps someone.... biggrin.gif blink.gif It always bothered me not really knowing the difference. laugh.gif

Katita

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

smile.gif Katita, I do believe you have both of them!

Thanks for the information! Now I have to find a Carousel which won't
cost me an arm and a leg!

What a merry=go=round wink.gif

[/U]

#26 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

I don't have both of them - I only have the 1999. I know someone with the 2000 and we lined them up side by side and studied them. biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

But the information is good and as I said before I really just wanted to know the differences between them.

Katita

#27 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Hi

My 2ooo version does not have the white and gold posts, only gold posts. I have never seen a white and gold post,

Mine and Woody's carosuels are now at ebay if you all are looking for one. I hate to sell mine but I got a $2400 vet bill yesterday on my fur kid Y2K.

I realize the last carosuel was bought by the gentleman out of singapore for $910, I think he got really lucky on that price. As the 5 previous to that one all sold in the $1200+ range

Ebay ID Kasi

Edited by kasi, 25 July 2006 - 06:00 AM.

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:44 PM

laugh.gif Sounds like somebody's got a one-off!! Usually it's Lisa !! laugh.gif

I'm with Don and Margaret on this. To have just one of them is enough ! I'm lucky I have one. (Sorry to point this out, D & M).

However, the good news is that the Carousel seems to be getting cheaper!! Went for much less than $1000.00 on Ebay not so long ago! ohmy.gif

The person who won it deserved it - had been trying for years and couldn't believe his luck!

What's going on?!?!?! wink.gif

#29 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone,

my 2000 version also doesn't have the white and gold posts.
There is another difference.

The top of the carousel and the inside center base have different orders of the colors:

as the top as the inside center base red-green-blue:

1999 blue spot behind the blue saddle

2000 white spot behind the blue saddle

and

as the top as inside center base red blue green:

1999 blue spot behind the blue saddle

2000 white spot behind the blue saddle

I've taken some pics, but sorry they arn't that good as I'm not a professional photographer, but you might see the differences.

Carousel: LEFT SIDE 1999, RIGHT SIDE 2000

CAROUSEL 1999

CAROUSEL 2000

Brigitte

P:S. Katita, would you mind sending me a pic of the one with the GOLD/White posts?

#30 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:03 AM

Okay so now I'm thinking her Carousel isn't quite mint - maybe some of the gold on the posts came off??? or maybe she bought it that way, with the imperfection.

You're pics are fine and thanks for them. I should've taken pictures when I had them here but didn't think of it.

Thanks for all the info.

Katita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users