• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 02:46 PM

It would interest me to know what difference is between the year 1999 Carousel and the year 2000 Carousel. Please let me know

Maddalena

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:51 PM

I don't have either one but I think the saddle on the white horse is "extended" on the 2000 version.

I also know one had a round box (1999) and the other a square box.

*please correct me if I am wrong cuz not sure blink.gif

#3 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

I think you are right about the boxes, Lisa. But I don't know about the saddle. blink.gif

Catherine

#4 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Aug 22 2005, 03:51 PM)
I don't have either one but I think the saddle on the white horse is "extended" on the 2000 version.

I also know one had a round box (1999) and the other a square box.

*please correct me if I am wrong cuz not sure blink.gif

View Post

Hi! Here is a close-up of my Carousel. It came in a round box, and as per Roselyn Gerson's book, it is the 1999 version.

user posted image

I think the Carousel in the database might be the 2000 version, rather than 1999 as is labelled? unsure.gif

~ Pamela ~

#5 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:54 AM

Hi Lisa, Catherine and Pamela, thank you for replay smile.gif
I would like to put the photo of my carousel but I don't know whether to begin, please help me sad.gif . Pamela my carousel looks like your Carousel Yes I see one(?) difference between the two carousels, there on the saddle ( but sorry I can not put the picture from the two(my and from solids database, I don't know how sad.gif )

Regards

Maddalena

#6 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:09 AM

Hi Maddalena,

I wish I could help you by telling you how to upload the photo onto the site but the truth is I AM HORRIBLE at stuff like this! sad.gif
In fact my daughter helped me with that post wub.gif

She has gone out now but I could ask her how she did it when she gets back. It will be no trouble at all ! wink.gif

Could the lovely ladies here help Maddalena?

~Pamela~

#7 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:58 AM

Maddelana,

I see you have pictures in your Members Gallery. So you can upload photos. That's the first part!

To get them into your post in this forum, you will need to know the address (url) of the photo. Upload your photo of your carousel to your Members Gallery. Once it's there, click on the photo so it comes up full size. Then click on it with your right mouse button. A menu will pop up. Select "properties." You should see the Address (url) about midway down (http://www.solidperfume.com.....) highlight the entire address and copy it (hold your left mouse button down and drag it from the start of the address to the end and then hit "Ctrl-c" on your keyboard. )

Now you can start your post in this topic. When you want to insert your photo, go up to the Code Buttons and select "IMG." Now hit "Ctrl-v" to past the address in the box. Make sure it pastes OVER the http:// that is already typed in the box.

That's all there is to it.

Preview your post and your picture should show up.

Here's another tip: When you copy the url address of your picture from your members gallery....paste it into notepad right away. That way you won't lose it if you forget and copy something else.

I hope that helps. I'm looking forward to seeing your picture.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Catherine

#8 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thank you Pamela and Catherine for help

I will try it blink.gif

#9 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

http://www.solidperf...arousel_1_2.jpg[/IMG]

So Chaterine , I hope now

Edited by Maddalena, 23 August 2005 - 10:26 AM.

#10 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:20 AM

Maddalena,

Go back and edit your post. For the image, paste this address:

"http://www.solidperf...rousel_1_2.jpg" (without the quotation marks)

That should work.

Catherine

#11 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:33 AM

Maddelana,

I'll do it for you.

Here's your picture:

user posted image

The reason it didn't show up in your post is that the IMG tag missing at the front of the address. That's okay. It can take a little practice.

I like your picture comparison. smile.gif And I can see a difference in the saddle. Is your carousel the 1999 version?

Catherine

Edited by thomcat57, 23 August 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#12 Maddalena

Maddalena

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

Catherine I thank you so much smile.gif

This is my ask now, which is 1999 or 2000

Pamela wrote :

(Hi! Here is a close-up of my Carousel. It came in a round box, and as per Roselyn Gerson's book, it is the 1999 version.

I think the Carousel in the database might be the 2000 version, rather than 1999 as is labelled?

~ Pamela ~ )

#13 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Hi All,
I also have the Carousel which looks like the right hand picture. I purchased it in 1999 and it came in a cylinder type container. I wasn't aware that they issued it again the following year. Darn! I would have loved to bought that version also!
Gayla

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

I didn't have a problem with Maddelena's link - thanks for that! It is nice seeing them side by side, I guess there is no-one who is lucky enough to have one from each year?

#15 Pamela

Pamela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:06 AM

smile.gif
Hi Carousel Lovers,
Actually, I believe that there are 4 different carousels; 2 from 1999 and 2 from 2000.
The 1999 Carousel has a half circle/crescent of blue behind the saddle on the horse and has a round box. The top of the Carousel, however, has two (2) different color patterns: going counter clockwise, one pattern is blue - green - red; the other pattern is blue - red - green.
The 2000 Carousel has 2000 stamped under the Estee Lauder located on the underside of the lid. There is a half circle/crescent of white directly behind the horse's saddle. The white area has a semicircle of blue behind it. The tops of the 2000 Carousel have the same 2 color patterns mentioned above for the 1999 Carousels. The boxes are square, rather than round.
Hope that this helps. I don't have all four of them either!
Pamela
Esteelady wub.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users