• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:56 AM

I've just been to EL counter today and asked when they would release 2005 solids in Japan. They told me that the exact date has not been determined yet, but sometime around in the middle of November, as usual. (Can't wait...!)

They are going to release those J.Strongwater's and Neiman Marcus' solids. They showed me the solids catalog...I swear I had not worn any sunglasses, but I saw a GREEN DRAGON on PALE BLUE CLOUD. blink.gif
Also I found a solid I've never seen...GOLD and DARK BLUE VASE(POT? JAR?). blink.gif blink.gif

Does anyone know about these???

#2 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:27 AM

A GREEN dragon??? blink.gif rolleyes.gif Wow, I would love to see a picture of that! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Catherine

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

Don't know anything of a green dragon but maybe it's the International version unsure.gif

The blue bottle is called the White Linen Bejeweled Bottle and is an EL design, it retails for $200 and is available only at NM in Dallas in Houston (the stores having the compact museum)

user posted image

#4 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:05 AM

Yes, it was exactly this one! Thanks, Lisa. Now I wonder where to open this compact...??

Catherine, the catalog BA showed me is 'EL confidential' (that's what she said), so I had no chance to take a copy or a photo of it. But I'll try to show you when they are ready.

#5 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:18 AM

Lisa,

Is the White Line Bejeweled Bottle a new release? I haven't heard of it. I live in the Dallas area. I may have to take a little drive over to Dallas. cool.gif

Catherine

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

So the deal is the solids will be available only when the compact museum is set up (only Dallas & Houston, TX) the date for the museum is sometime in November I am told. I am told the solid is not available for reorder but don't know if I believe quantities are truly limited (we all hear this every year) tongue.gif

If you are interested please call JANET, who is the EL rep in Houston, TX. Janet can be reached at:
1-800-397-5293 or (713)621-7100

Presales are being taken now and Janet is in today for anyone interested.

I did order this one with the hopes that it truly is limited and hope it is a relatively small bottle. I like this one from the photo.

*for anyone overseas interested in reserving one of these solids please email me.

#7 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

Lisa,

Do you have any contact numbers and/or salespeople for the Dallas Neimans? Also do you know when these show are going to be in Dallas and Houston?

#8 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

THANK YOU, Lisa!! I've got mine preordered! It looks stunning in the pictures. I think it will be beautiful when I actually see it!! wub.gif

Catherine

#9 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

The Nieman Marcus in Dallas (North Park) can be reached at 214-363-8311 or 800-756-5784. Ask for Glenda. She is the EL Manager and is very helpful. They only have 50 pieces of the White Linen Bejeweled Bottle coming in, so it is very limited. She is taking preorders. She also told me that the compact museum would be coming to NM Dallas (NorthPark) on October 12th and Bob Conte would be there available to sign solids.

I told her that I would pass along the info and to expect more phone calls. biggrin.gif She said that would be great!! So give her a call!

Catherine

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

I do like this one very much! And the Green Dragon???? Dying to see a picture........

Thanks Erica for the information on that one! Green Dragon........ smile.gif

#11 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

Is the blue bottle a solid? How does it open? Donna

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:52 PM

Yes Donna, the blue bottle is a solid perfume compact. I am guessing the bottle splits in half like the Youth Dew bottle solid perfume but not sure huh.gif

#13 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

If you look very closely at the picture, you can see a line that runs along the flat gold top above the line of crystals. I would bet that it opens up like the "Romantic Moments"....hinged at the base with the magnet just below the topper. So the solid sits in the belly of the bottle, which splits in half to reveal the solid. Did I describe that okay or just confuse you more? unsure.gif

Catherine

#14 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:36 PM

I was just thinking....this GREEN dragon that's got us all curious and hopeful...is it like the ORANGE Radiant Fish that we were talking about earlier this year? Remember, there were pictures turning up overseas of an ORANGE Radiant Fish, but all the Fish that we saw and purchased were BLUE! wacko.gif

I'm not sure I trust the flyers or the catalogs anymore. They had a beautiful Flowering Flacon in their pictures, but we all ended up with one with the flowers on backwards!!! mad.gif

I'll believe a GREEN dragon when I see one!! blink.gif wink.gif

Catherine

Edited by thomcat57, 21 August 2005 - 08:39 PM.

#15 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:39 PM

This bottle solid is very pretty. I will buy it eventually.

I'm not going to make a mad dash to Houston Galleria to buy it right away because....

this "limited" situation reminds me of the American Apple solid a few years ago. I don't remember if it was the Dallas convention or Dallas NM....they said it was limited to only 50. Remember what happened? A few months later, NM got plenty of them. The apple was below retail on ebay within a year afterwards! Also, they had some at the CS.

Edited by greyhound, 21 August 2005 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users