• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 NancyH

NancyH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:22 PM

IN RESPONSE TO MY REQUEST AS TO WHEN THE 3 HARRODS SOLIDS WILL BE AVAILABLE. THE PERFUMERY AT HARRODS STATED THEY WOULD BE AVAIABLE FROM 17th OCTOBER .

NANCY H

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

Nancy,
Yes, that is the date I heard too!

#3 Erica

Erica

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:42 AM

I've just received a leaflet from Harrods' Estee Lauder.

There is a picture of 'Beefeater' solid perfume compact.
Beyond Paradise, 175.00 Pounds and limited to 275.

Here it is.

user posted image

How do you like this??

#4 Sabina

Sabina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:39 AM

Hi,

I also just got the Harrods copies for the perfume solids and powder compacts. To my surprise all US solids (GD, NM and Saks) are for sale in the UK. I think that is happening for the first time. They are more expensive, the GD is 100 ú - almost 190 US$, but stillÍ They will have 100 pieces of the Beautiful perfume bottle solid ˝ so much for the Űso called limited editionÝ here in the US!

Beefeater and Dog 275 pieces each, Teddy Bear 325 pieces.

Sabina

#5 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

I don't like this ! And as for GD, NM and Saks, that's why I don't buy mine in the U.K. anymore! Why pay more when one doesn't have to!

Still waiting for my flyer. Maybe it's flown away! wink.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 13 September 2005 - 04:39 PM.

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

Don't worry Jacky, I'm sure one will fly your way soon! Don't you know international post is quicker than domestic? laugh.gif

Regarding the sentry - he seems to have a funny face. Also not sure about the "ER" being cheekily replaced with "EL" . . . . ohmy.gif This may stop the Queen collecting them! laugh.gif

Good limit to the piece, but expensive as !

Think I will need a report from the Londoners about this one when they see it up close and personal. unsure.gif

#7 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:52 PM

They will have 100 pieces of the Beautiful perfume bottle solid ˝ so much for the Űso called limited editionÝ here in the US!

I was a little disappointed to see this also because it doesn't seem like there are that many in the US.  I did get one from Saks but it was the only one they had.  I really like this solid.  It's classy looking.

#8 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:18 AM

I may be out of line here and I know this is a tourist attraction. But I just can't help feeling very uncomfortable with a solid depicting an armed soldier... Just my thoughts.
Karin

#9 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:41 AM

Karin,

I agree with you if that is a gun he is holding... I would have to see the solid in person.

Mary

#10 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

I was in London last week-end and they still don't have any 'real' solids to show. Pity as the pictures never do them justice. I hear that next year they will have the Double-decker bus and Big Ben. (Although I guess they actually mean St Stephens tower as only the face of the clock is called Big Ben I believe).

#11 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:14 AM

I am not liking this one from the picture. Looks like a skinny Santa Clause holding a gun... (I know, it'a chin strap, but it looks weird). It really reminds me of a cheap souvineer...maybe it will be better in person.

#12 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:19 PM

Lori......My sentiments as well. The first time I saw the picture I thought SANTA CLAUSE. That chin strap does look like a beard, will have to see this one in the flesh (so to speak) smile.gif

Regards Margaret......

#13 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:46 AM

Me too Margaret! Last year's solids were so spectacular.......! The limited to 178 English Emblems (not British as I wrote in another post) are/were, amazing. Also the Pillar Box! This years will have to see personally but from the pictures, am not ecstatic!

So, watch this space!

unsure.gif

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:06 PM

unsure.gif Watching unsure.gif

Very eager to hear what they 'really' look like ! Opinions needed before purchasing please !

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:44 AM

Well I won't be making any special trips to find out! Those days are long gone!

bibibibibibibibibi cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users