• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(Don and Margaret @ Aug 22 2005, 08:28 PM)
Elly,

If you do decide to sell your Carousel please email us first.  biggrin.gif

View Post

I promise I will e-mail you first, I must admit I don't know what the selling price would be for the Carousel now.............any ideas!

Elly

#17 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:03 AM

Selling price for the carousel? HIGH!! blink.gif blink.gif

Catherine

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

Elly please don't forget me either! You will have to cut it up into little pieces...

Thanks for your note on your other post. Hopefully will get back to normal
soon! huh.gif

#19 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

I was going through my solids and saw that one of my Stuart Weitzman shoes from Nordstrom is yellow, the other is half yellow. I was heartbroken. I love that one. I had my receipt with them and I AM GOING TO TAKE THEM BACK TO NORDSTROM FOR A REFUND!
I'll let you know what happens.
Ar

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

I think you will find that many of these have turned yellowish. Are we talking about the same solid i.e. the clear princess pump. I have this one and it is
also slightly yellowish....

Have not had time to refer to my book, but think that is the one you mean??

#21 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:26 PM

Yes, unfortunatley that's how they all look now! sad.gif Too bad because it's a fantastic solid.

#22 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:32 AM

Yes, I meant the Princess Pump. We all know the 2000 bubbly is bad (I have 3) and I'm going to look for my receipts for them. But I am so disappointed the Princess Pump is affected too. It's one of my favorites. But it is now worth a lot less than the $150 it cost. We should not let EL get away with this. mad.gif I will be returning mime to Nordstrom next week sometime.
Ar

#23 Jory

Jory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:12 AM

The material used for frosted prototype Cat's Meow never yellowed!
This would have looked great for Bubbly.
I don't even display my Bubbly's anymore they are so yellow.
One is without perfume but they are equally yellowed.
My next experiment is to try and paint the yellow ice frosted looking on the empty one!!

Edited by Jory, 24 August 2005 - 08:20 AM.

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:49 AM

Hello Ar, I really don't think the price of the Princess Pump has gone down. It is a hard to find solid perfume and very desirable. I am sure if someone wants it you will not be disappointed with the price. I really wanted
it and therefore paid what I was prepared to......It is all a question of demand Ar.
Also, I doubt very much that EL would refund on solids that have been kept by
us for a long, long time (even with a receipt)! If they do, I'll eat my hat......
blink.gif now which one........straw hat, Uncle Sam's hat, silver boater.....??????????

smile.gif

#25 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised stores will let you return an item several years old! ohmy.gif Most American stores give you 30 days with receipt. I always return things per policy because I don't to be stuck with it! Its true that none of us would have known about solid color changes until long after that 30 days.

Nordstroms appears to have liberal return policies, but I don't know if they take back 5 year old items. I especially don't know how they stay in business if they do! huh.gif

#26 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

Yeah - too right! I think there are such things as warranties and guarantees, so I suppose quality stores should only sell quality goods! That's why they the customer may have the right to return goods that are 'faulty', even after a fair time . . . . we'll see what happens!

GOOD LUCK! cool.gif

#27 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:19 AM

I followed an auction on ebay and the Princess Pump was only selling for $155, and original price was $150. Since it's yellowed so much, I don't think it will appreciate greatly. Although one of my favorites, I took the two I had to the Estee Lauder counter at Nordstrom and got a full refund - however, I'm not sure they would have taken the return if the perfume had been used. And I had my receipt from 2002. I plan to do this with the champagne 2000 as well. I hope it sends a message to EL. I know this issue doesn't bother some people, but I want to let those collectors who are unhappy know they CAN do something about poor quality workmanship, even if it shows up years later.
Ar

#28 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:11 PM

HI AR...... smile.gif

WELL DONE TO YOU.. laugh.gif BUT IT'S SUCH A SHAME THAT YOU LIKED THE SOLID SO MUCH.. sad.gif

Margaret

#29 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:48 PM

You are Right Margaret! Why should someone have to give up a Estee Lauder Perfume Solid because the manufacturer failed on their part. I believe they should have given Ar an appreciative price, after all you can't replace it for what you paid for it originally. I was lucky enough to get one on eBay over a year ago but if it yellows I won't be able to return it. So at least Ar you have some satisfaction that way.

#30 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

I know I have written this before, so excuse me for repeating myself. Here in the U.K. they will never accept the return of a Solid Perfume with or without the receipt! They quote hygienic reasons, the same way as they will not accept the return of make up products.

So even if we have the receipts, we cannot do anything about it......

Good Luck anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users