• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

Today I mailed a letter to Jay Strongwater asking what he thought about the foul up. Also asked if he thought Estee Lauder should release the mistake. Do you think I will get an answer?

#17 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:41 PM

It's always worth a shot. And your letter certainly couldn't hurt. If it were my design, I wouldn't be very happy that they messed it up. I would hope that they would yank the screw-ups off the market and put out a corrected batch.

Catherine

#18 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Isn't this the same thing that happened with the Octopus? Now it's all over eBay for a fraction of the price. unsure.gif

#19 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

Er - excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with the Octopus?

#20 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

Yes, Perry. I think you will get an answer. I hope it's more than just an acknowledgement of the letter. I hope it's a "what can I do to make it right" letter.

I'd like to know what happened to the octopus, too. tongue.gif

#21 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:15 AM

Yesterday I received my Flowering Flacon from America. It is like everyone else's - back to front & has also been signed by Jay Strongwater - on the solid itself. Surely that must mean he has seen it ?

Regarding the Octopus - due to either bad design or faulty manufacture one of the stones was positioned so close to the hinge that it fell out. I went through at least 10-12 solids before I found one that was reasonably O.K. Most of the faulty ones were sent back I believe.

Oh the joy of collecting - particularly when it is very difficult to return goods to another country.

Karen wink.gif

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:06 AM

Yup, Karens right about the Octopus, now they are all over eBay for cheap, cheap.

I think it is great you wrote a letter Phyllis, good for you! I also sent out two emails but have yet to hear back.

Also about my cameo- I did email my sales person four days ago..... resent the email yesterday and still no response!

#23 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

Thank you for explaining the octopus problem. OK, that's why ebay is having the octopus fire sale. huh.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif
It's always something! What would I do if I didn't have EL to gripe about. This heat is gettin' to me. tongue.gif

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:33 AM

Thanks Karen . . . . my octopus seems to be A-OK smile.gif . . . . and I got it cheap off Ebay smile.gif . . . . and I don't like it ! sad.gif

#25 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

Not that EL would tell us ... But I wonder if they are being manufactured by a different company.

Mary

#26 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

Is it possible that the solids are now being outsourced to another country?Mayble that's why the quality is so poor. cool.gif

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 02:03 PM

HI BOBBY..... smile.gif

I THINK THAT IT IS A POSSIBILITY THAT SOME OF THE WORK ON THE SOLIDS IS BEING DONE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, A WHILE AGO I POSTED ABOUT THE FANTASY OF LIGHT POWDER COMPACT THAT I BOUGHT..................

IT HAS CHINA STAMPED ON THE FRAME !!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Margaret.......

#28 Bobbie

Bobbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:49 PM

Hi Margaret - Well, I guess there's our answer. It's a simple matter of $$$ vs. quality for EL. It makes me want to sell my collection now before the values drop.
dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users