• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

OK, so I got a package with a new solid in it today, I was excited until I opened the solid and saw this:
user posted image

The black ESTEE LAUDER lettering is coming off. Even though I used a $50 voucher towards this piece I still expect it to look perfect- what gives?

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:26 PM

Lisa this has to be considered another DUD! ?????

mad.gif

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

The solid is the classic cameo necklace from last year, I really, really like this one. It came directly from the NY Estee Lauder store not from eBay. mad.gif

#4 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:55 PM

Wow! Where is quality control? Gone with dear Estee Lauder herself, I guess. sad.gif

Catherine

#5 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:44 PM

OH, MY GAWD!

I always go to the counters and look at the item throughly (I sometimes look at several of the same item) before I chose and purchase. However, this year I was going to buy the Strongwaters from the LV store unless I can buy them from Saks on their 20% discount day. Now I need to reconsider. Even though they are certainly returnable it is a disappointment and a hassel no one needs.

Phylis

#6 fluffy muffy

fluffy muffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:56 PM

Hard to believe that the quality control doesn't seem to exist anymore. I went to Saks this afternoon, and requested the solids...they had come in today, but the lady wasn't going to put them out for a little while...she did get them for me to see. The Beautiful Flowering flacon was backwards as y'all showed in the pictures. She told me that it would probably become quite valuable as it was flawed (she showed no surprise when I pointed it out to her)...she had to know. I bought the Boudoir Butterfly as I just couldn't resist. For the prices, there should be more stones or detail in the rest of the solids...Just my opinion, but then it is my credit card! Guess I'll just keep space available for later...
Good luck to all in the hunt for the really great ones. Linda

#7 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Aug 8 2005, 08:02 PM)

View Post

That's really funny about it becoming quite valuable as it is flawed! I think
she MUST HAVE MEANT the perfect ones will become quite valuable, seeing
as they are so few and far between!

laugh.gif

P.S. I went to Harrods on Sunday (yes they were open in the afternoon) but
they did not have any of the new solids or this particular one! I did want
to check it out but was unable to! Oh well! wink.gif

#8 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

That is FUNNY tongue.gif about the Flowering Flacon becoming valuable because it is 'flawed.' I wonder how many of these 'flawed' solids are already out there in the hands of collectors or just people who thought they were pretty. I haven't seen any made right. I wonder, too, what Jay Strongwater thinks about them screwing up his design! ohmy.gif

Catherine

#9 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

I was also wondering if it would do any good to contact the JS store in LV to let them know - or see if they already know and if something is going to be done about it. My pessimistic side says probably JS doesn't care-he made a deal with EL and he's in the $. But my artistic side says he may care - I wonder. Maybe some of the members here who live in LV should stop by the Forum Shops where the JS store is and let the nice woman who works there know.

#10 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

You are right, Catherine! We should contact Jay Strongwater and get his reaction to the manufacturing foul up. I don't think he would like his reputation tarnished like this. The flowers look rediculous positioned back to front. I mentioned this to the Saks SA last week when I first saw it. Glad I haven't purchased it yet. Maybe a recall? Or is that only done with autos?

Phyllis

#11 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

Oh Lisa,
I'm so sorry! mad.gif This just keeps gettin' "worser & worser". blink.gif mad.gif
That is really shoddy work! blink.gif ohmy.gif
I find that some folks "just don't give a damn" sad.gif

#12 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:18 AM

Yes Lisa I have seen the lettering come off before. It seems to be with solids that have been around for a while. I did notice it quite a bit with solids from 2004. (Seems to be a different take on the enamel changing colour - remember the slot machine!!) The perfume itself seems to lift the lettering. ohmy.gif
Personally I think it would have been better if the engraving hadn't had dye added to colour it. I would prefer a solid with engraving only rather than the lettering coming off.
What is sad is that your SA didn't take more care in ensuring a perfect one for someone she surely knows is an avid collector. If it is a genuine mistake they should take care of all the costs involved in a return. rolleyes.gif Or maybe you are being given a hint from up above - wait until they come into the CCS stores?! tongue.gif
Good luck with your return. Remember that goods should be of merchantable quality when they are sold.

#13 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:51 AM

Lisa,

Wow, Lisa, I just checked my Classic Cameo and the lettering is all shifted and coming off just like YOURS! I bought mine new, over-the-counter, when they were first issued and it WASN'T like that when I bought it! ohmy.gif

Catherine

#14 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:05 AM

Maybe this board should be the EL quality control. smile.gif rolleyes.gif
If I'm manufacturing something I surely would want feed back!!!

Edited by KK, 09 August 2005 - 10:07 AM.

#15 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

When I first started visiting the U.S.A. thirty years ago, I admired the

fact that the American's were a different breed from the English.

You demanded service AND got it, while we Brits made do and never complained.

Over the years I have stood up when goods have been faulty, now come on,

SEND THEM BACK AND COMPLAIN

P.S. Sorry Lisa about your solid,..........things are going from bad to worse!

Elly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users