#16 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:16 AM

Thanks everyone. wub.gif

Now lets hear it from all of you...

If you don't want to to post photos lets hear suggestions about putting the old with the new. Or "these two things go together".

Ann

#17 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

Ann,

I would be interested in seeing size comparisons, something showing the new NM solids compared to some of the past regular sized solids.

#18 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:58 PM

Maybe the new snowflake with the snowman (which I appreciate very much) and/or the penguins. I like the winter things rolleyes.gif

Thank you Ann for your invitation smile.gif

Madeleine

#19 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

Ann and Ken,

Your wonderful pictures are making it hard for us to resist these new perfumes. ph34r.gif smile.gif

#20 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

Ann and Ken, I really enjoy your beautiful pictures so much. They give me the enthusiasm to keep collecting. Just when I think eBay is full of cheats, E.L's qualilty control doesn't exist, the solids are getting dearer and dearer, why am I spending all my money buying perfume solids that are so hard to get into my country - then you post some wonderful photos of Old & New together and my whole attitude changes and I know why I want to keep collecting - THANK YOU.

Karen smile.gif smile.gif

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:10 AM

Thanks Karen. wub.gif

We all collect for VERY different reasons.

Mine is the love of the solids and to be able to "play " with them. I am lucky enough to be able to buy retail and put it away MIB then buy an empty one for display and to" play "with . Plus I am also to old to wait . laugh.gif

You should buy what makes you happy and you can smile when you walk by the showcase.

What goes on at EL is very distubing to all of us but is has been going on for a very long time and we have tried everything to help EL understand our dismay and in return help the collectors. Nothing has helped so you just have to decide how much you want the little darlings and put EL behind you.

Most retail things go on sale at some time so you have a choice.
Buy now or wait till the sale and maybe not be able to get your size or color( shoes/handbags).

The solids use to sell out when they hit the stores but no longer and the gamble of waiting is not bad so in one way if you can wait you are luckier than we use to be.

Ann
P.S.
Ken has the same problem with his trains so he buys the ones he REALLY wants when they come out and waits to buy the rest on ebay. It is not just an EL problem ( although they could be a lot nicer to us). Retail in general is the pits.

Edited by Ann and Ken, 11 August 2005 - 07:38 AM.

#22 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:09 PM

Hi all

I totally agree with the opinion of Ann!!!

Each one has to know themself, what they want to do in collecting.
If I wait to buy my shoes, when they go on sale, I canít get them because of my strange size mad.gif !

rolleyes.gif I'm not to old rolleyes.gif but - I also canít wait rolleyes.gif !!!
In addition - overseas we take a bigger chance of not getting what we want sad.gif !!!

smile.gif Have al a wonderful day/evening smile.gif
Greetings from Switzerland,

Liliane

#23 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

Hi Ann and Ken,

I wasn't going to buy any solids this year but seeing your

elephant next to the Taj Mahal has changed my mind.

Elly.

P.S. The photo's are sooooooooo good smile.gif

#24 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:33 PM

Hi Ann & Ken......

You know, it is really true. I can get so dejected at the pricing and the warehouse sales and the devaluation of our "babies" and then........I look at your beautiful work, the groupings, and themes and all of the love that you put into your photos and I am totally energized to continue the "passion".

Thank you my dears.....

Mimi

#25 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:33 AM

Hi Ann,
I have a suggestion for an old and new together: I recently got the Royal Enamel powder compact (with the portrait on) and put it together with the Venetian Fan and Magic Slipper and it resulted in a very pretty ladies victorian boudoir theme. I thought perhaps you could try to put the corresponding royal enamels-snuff box solids from the early 70's together with these later solids and perhaps also with the Jewels to Boot. I am very curious to see what you think and hoping that it results in more inspiring photos biggrin.gif

Karin

#26 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

Sounds great.

Will work on it this weekend. smile.gif

Ann

#27 peanutbutter

peanutbutter