• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:13 AM

HI Bruce. Read with your letter with interest and while I certainly do not condone all of the things that EL does for their solid collector customers, I am very sorry to hear that the posts on this site have made you decide not to collect EL solids. Like any other collectable, you buy these because you love them certainly hoping for long term value but just like the stock market, things go up and things go down. I have definitely changed my buying habits, only buying the solids now that I really like, and leaving the others. Who knows, maybe the new ones we buy today that strike our fancy will be the next carousel!!! This site is a wonderful thing. I have made great friends from it and learned a lot, but I hate to think it stopped you from collecting, especially the Pink Lady for your old lady. smile.gif

Just my thoughts.

Woody

#32 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

HELLO BRUCE......

I TOO READ YOUR POST WITH INTEREST. THERE ARE MANY, MANY MEMBERS ON THIS SITE AND WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND BUYING HABITS. ITS NICE TO BE ABLE TO EXPRESS WHAT YOU THINK THROUGH THE SITE, AND WE ALL TEND TO RESPECT ONE ANOTHERS OPINIONS.......IT WOULD BE A FUNNY OLD WORLD IF WE WERE ALL THE SAME.. blink.gif

I AM WHAT YOU MIGHT CALL A MIB COLLECTOR, I DONT HAVE MANY SOLIDS BUT WHAT I DO HAVE ARE PERFECT, EVERY YEAR I WILL PICK A COUPLE THAT I LIKE AND BUY THEM AT FULL RETAIL, IF THEY THEN COME UP A YEAR LATER AT A CHEAPER PRICE WELL THATS MY BAD LUCK sad.gif BUT I BUY FOR PLEASURE NOT FOR PROFIT, AND WHAT EVER YOU COLLECT I THINK THIS IS THE WAY TO LOOK AT IT.

DO GET THE "PINK LADY" FOR YOUR "OLD LADY" ITS A NICE SOLID AND THAT BIT DIFFERENT.

MARGARET....... smile.gif

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

Hello Bruce, Following Woody and Margaret, I too collect the solid perfumes. I also look for the older E.L. solids as I think they are really special.

It is true to say that not all the solids have appreciated in value but you never
know which ones will develop into 'flavour of the month'. Unlike my friend Margaret I would sometimes prefer to wait and buy at lower prices, but I'm afraid it doesn't always work out like that. Some of the solid perfumes have really escalated in price and become difficult to find. One never really knows which ones will necessarily do this! Therefore, I would say to anyone, including myself, if you really love a particular item BUY IT as you might be disappointed in the future.

I have no idea how many PINK LADIES are being released but if I really
loved it, I would buy it. In the same token, if you feel your wife would
love the PINK LADY then wouldn't it be great if you coud surprise her..

I am sure that one of our members in the States would be happy to purchase
the PINK LADY on your behalf if you are having difficulty in doing so..........

smile.gif

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:05 PM

Hey Bruce,

If you (or any international members) at all ever need help in getting a solid please contact me. I am more than happy to help and have done so for many members.

#35 bja

bja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(Lisa @ Aug 27 2005, 10:05 PM)
Hey Bruce,

If you (or any international members) at all ever need help in getting a solid please contact me.  I am more than happy to help and have done so for many members.

View Post

Thanks everyone. You are all correct that EL shouldn't be a disincentive to collecting these items as I do like them in their own right.

Woody was first to offer getting the Pink Lady for me at cost so once I know the cost (I've read conflicting amounts), I'll probably take him up on his offer. I also appreciate your offer of help in the future Lisa and everyone's encouraging comments.

Thanks again all.

Cheers,

Bruce

#36 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:39 AM

Bruce - you can check the issue prices for all the solids under the "Solids Database" tab at the top of this page. Lisa and Jack do a great job of providing us with this info! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users