#16 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(KK @ Aug 5 2005, 10:51 PM)

Lisa,
It's hard to believe we're not LIKED! Now, I might have to go wearing the t-shirt just to see the looks on the faces of the elite warehouse workers.  cool.gif
Come on thomcat let's go get em'. biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

WHERE"S THE BUS!? My suitcase is ready. laugh.gif

Catherine

#17 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

EVERYONE JUST LISTEN!

WHAT IF WE (ALL OF THE SOLID MEMBERS) AND ANYONE ELSE THAT BELEIVE SO STRONG, WOULD REALLY REALLY CROSS YOUR HEART _DO NOT___I MEAN DO NOT BUY ANY SOLIDS STARTING AT A DATE IN AUG. AND THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS...OR ANY NEW SOLIDS IN 2005. I DO BELEIVE WE COULD STRIKE, BECAUSE MONEY IS WHAT DRIVES ESTEE LAUDER SALES AND WE ARE THE MONEY $$$. JUST EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS! STRIKES HAVE BEEN PROVEN SUCCESSFUL IN ALOT OF COMPANYS, AS THE AIRLINES, MILLS, ETC. WE REALLY NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW. PUT WHAT WE SAY TO TEST.

MAYBE THEY WOULD LISTEN, AND IF NOT BUY NEXT YEAR ON EBAY OR CCS STORES AT LESS COST AND WE WOULD SAVE BUNCHES OF $$$. AND PROVE A POINT. THIS WILL HAVE TO HURT EL BIG TIME. WE ARE STANDING UP FOR WHAT WE BELEIVE..... THAT IS SELL TO US COLLECTORS FAIR AND THE WAREHOUSES AND CCS WILL EITHER CONT. OF STOP DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH MONEY THEY WANT TO MAKE....

WE NEED TO TAKE A STAND, GET THE T-SHIRTS MADE I WILL BUY 2 AND LETS START TAKING CARE OF OUR COLLECTION. WAY TO MUCH MONEY $$, TIME, FUN, AND EFFORT THAT WENT INTO THIS. LISA START SOMETHING AND I WILL BACK YOU UP 110%.

LETS HEAR FROM ANYONE OUT THERE, IF WE HAVE LOTS OF US THAT FELL SO STRONGLY ON THIS LETS SPEAK UP NOW.... I BELEIVE IN BEING A DOER.

DEBBIE

#18 Carole Lewis

Carole Lewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Debbie @ Aug 8 2005, 03:27 PM)
EVERYONE JUST LISTEN!

WHAT IF WE (ALL OF THE SOLID MEMBERS) AND ANYONE ELSE THAT BELEIVE SO STRONG, WOULD REALLY REALLY  CROSS YOUR HEART  _DO NOT___I MEAN DO NOT BUY ANY SOLIDS STARTING AT A DATE IN AUG. AND THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS...OR ANY NEW SOLIDS IN 2005.  I DO BELEIVE WE COULD STRIKE, BECAUSE MONEY IS WHAT DRIVES ESTEE LAUDER SALES AND WE ARE THE MONEY $$$.  JUST EVERYONE THINK ABOUT THIS!  STRIKES HAVE BEEN PROVEN SUCCESSFUL IN ALOT OF COMPANYS,  AS THE AIRLINES, MILLS, ETC.  WE REALLY NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW.  PUT WHAT WE SAY TO TEST.

MAYBE THEY WOULD LISTEN, AND IF NOT BUY NEXT YEAR ON EBAY OR CCS STORES AT LESS COST AND WE WOULD SAVE BUNCHES OF $$$. AND PROVE A POINT.  THIS WILL HAVE TO HURT EL BIG TIME.  WE ARE STANDING UP FOR WHAT WE BELEIVE..... THAT IS SELL TO US COLLECTORS FAIR  AND THE WAREHOUSES AND CCS WILL EITHER CONT. OF STOP DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH MONEY THEY WANT TO MAKE....

WE NEED TO TAKE A STAND, GET THE T-SHIRTS MADE I WILL BUY 2 AND LETS START TAKING CARE OF OUR COLLECTION.  WAY TO MUCH MONEY $$, TIME, FUN, AND EFFORT THAT WENT INTO THIS.  LISA START SOMETHING AND I WILL BACK YOU UP 110%.

LETS HEAR FROM ANYONE  OUT THERE, IF WE HAVE LOTS OF US THAT FELL SO STRONGLY ON THIS LETS SPEAK UP NOW.... I BELEIVE IN BEING A DOER.

DEBBIE

View Post

I agree with Debbie...I just purchased 2 solids, and I am thinking about returning them...(even though they have Jay S. signature) I work for Saks, and get a discount.... this whole E-bay thing, and EL employees puchasing solids for next to nothing and reselling them really infuriates me...I, too, will back Lisa and Debbie..let me know what we can do to help....I do not want to own 85 pet rocks...
I know the acct. exec for EL in this area...should I express our opinions....would it do any good??? Let me know....Carole

#19 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

I really do agree. I have the Strongwaters on the way to me from the LV store but I've changed my mind about keeping them. I will be returning them. I'll be gosh-darned if I'm gonna pay full price for what I know will be available on the cheap SOMEWHERE - CCS, Ebay, whatever. I hear EL sales numbers are down already - so with an all out ban on buying new solids - they will feel the pinch I'm sure. I'm also telling all the EL SAs whenever I'm at a counter why I'm not buying - maybe one of them will tell their boss, and so on...and so on...someone up there must have EARS. I know they all have wallets! cool.gif SOLIDPERFUME.COM POWER! laugh.gif WE SHALL NOT BE OVER-CHARGED!

In all honesty, I'm really very upset about the whole thing. I love me little darlings and I've just today received some of the older ones I bought from Pam on this site. I just love them. BOO and JEERS to EL for doing this to us!

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

Maybe a petition would help as well !!

#21 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

Hi All,
I also purchased 2 of the new solids and now I am thinking of sending them back. Actually I had purchased 2 from Saks and 1 from Neimans. I already sent one back to Saks and now am thinking about sending the Dragon back to Neiman's, BUT I have a question. They sent me 3 gifts with my purchase! Do I need to send those back also? What do you all think? Did anyone else get gifts with there purchases? Please let me know what you all think?
Thanks!
Gayla

#22 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:29 PM

I really doubt that any petition is going to do any good. It will fall on deaf ears. mad.gif What we need to do is voice our complaints about quality (with phone calls, emails, letters) to Estee Lauder, return the compacts and let the SAs know why. Hopefully, the word will get around. Make them listen with your wallet.

It doesn't make good business sense to put out a product that has been known and valued for it's uniqueness and it's craftsmanship, and then suddenly start raising the prices on newer, inferior, products, and later dumping the excess inventory on a wholesale market at ridiculously low prices. Of course they are going to infuriate their loyal customers, who now feel ripped off!

My 2 cents.

Catherine

#23 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:01 PM

Hi Gayla,
The gifts w/purchase are yours to keep all 3 of 'em.

Wow! I'm shocked at how many of you are returning your solids.
Especially you, Katita. I know how you love them. We saw in LV at the CCS what a discount the solids were sold. And with members selling from their collection it makes it alot easier for us to buy and not get ripped off.
When the usual SA's called me this year I said I was going to wait! And it's hard to wait. I'd like to see the solids sitting here in front of me. But not ill-made and over priced. I can wait......I'll be strong unsure.gif

#24 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

YES MAAM!!!!!!!

GAYLA, HONEY BABY, YOU KEEP THOSE GIFTS !! THEY ARE MOST ASSUREDLY YOURS. YOU DESERVE THEM. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

ENJOY.......

MIMI

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#25 Lyndell

Lyndell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

I like Debbie's idea. biggrin.gif I think collectors need to be more creative in their thinking if they are to win when confronting multinational corporations.

There may even be a way that collectors can have their cake and eat it too. Now if everyone looked out at their local CCS (or other) store and was able to identify which solids are being sold where, at what price, then collectors may be able to find a way to help each other. smile.gif If we are all not buying then when we know where the solids are, at a discount, everyone can take advantage of the info.

Be aware of the long term repercussions though. If sales fall a long way maybe the manufacture of solids will stop altogether. This may not be such a bad thing.......it may increase the value of collections if they are no longer manufactured!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

Of course there is one other thing: buying from e-bay at a lower price only encourages buyers at warehouse sales, and hence the undercutting of prices (since it may be cheap to us but they are making a huge profit). If we want to keep the value of our collections up we should discourage the warehouse sales in any way we can and unfortunately that means not buying from those who purchase there. If you are a buyer at the warehouse sales who buys cheap and keeps them for your own collection however - good luck to you, because you aren't contributing to driving the values down. wink.gif

#26 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:25 PM

KK and Mimi,
Thanks so much for your replies. I am on my way to return my gorgeous dragon and hope someday to find him at a lower price!
Thanks again,
Gayla

#27 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:49 PM

You'll have to take a road trip to San Angelo or Allen or Denver, but you'll find your dragon.
What about the Rollercoaster and the Taj Mahal at the CCS, when did they come out. Last year???? I don't know. You can gauge by that when the 2005 will be in the CCS.

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:15 AM

Yes, I've been biding my time waiting for the Taj to come out at 10% of its retail value . . . have no doubt it will show up one day soon . . . . biggrin.gif

#29 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Sandra,

I just picked up the Taj Mahal at the Cosmetic Company Store in Las Vegas at 20% discount. biggrin.gif It's out there!

Catherine

#30 bja

bja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

I'm glad I checked into this thread after a long time away. I've been chasing the Pink Lady for my 'old lady' smile.gif ever since you guys first reported on it.

It looks great and would look terrific on my wife's dresser but I'm in Melbourne Oz and it is very difficult to get any EL solids here.

As such, I emailed EL and they replied it's for the US and Canada only and only gave Bloomingdale's and Saks as outlets, but the online stores for those outlets don't carry any solids (or ANY EL for that matter in Bloomingdale's).

EL give no other assistance and even trying to find out about solids on their website is impossible. They clearly disrespect the buyers of these items.

I was only just starting with EL but the reality-check you ladies offer and the lack of customer service given by EL have made me think twice.

Franklin Mint went down this path (flooding / poor quality / never-ending production of 'limited editions' / discounted pricing / no customer service) and look at what their products are worth these days on the open market - about a third of the purchase price if that.

Same thing has happened with a number of other collectible series and several of my collections are basically worthless (my great great grandkids may get some value I guess smile.gif).

Anyway, a number of you have pointed out the real cause of the problem and that is the access given to employees/discounters where they are undervaluing the worth of these items.

While I love the appearance of these solids and was even willing to pay $300 or more for the Pink Lady, I'm not going to now because I agree with many of your sentiments and don't want another costly, wasted collection in my family.

So good luck to you ladies. EL will only listen if you stop buying (as long as they are told the reason you have stopped buying) so I hope it all works out for you in the long run.

Cheers,

Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users