• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

Dear God here we go again, the murderers of innocent people are in business in London once more.

Let's hope that it cannot be as bad as two weeks ago - but as always some families are going to be in so much pain tonight.

The people of London have always been resilient and will come through the horror of these events - I am praying for their strength.

Caroline

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

NO ONE KILLED....THANK GOD, AND JUST ONE PERSON INJURED, THEY WERE SMALL DEVICES, AND SOME DID NOT GO OFF.

MARGARET....... mad.gif

#3 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:34 PM

It seems the only one hurt was the one carrying the back-pack. Poetic justice I say. They say they have something to go on as the bombs didn't go off.
I hope this does not go on.

#4 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

Glad to hear from you Sinnett, Margaret and Nancy. I thought about all of you this morning when I heard the news reports. I am thankful that no more were injured.......just stay strong everyone ...and safe.

Mimi

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

Yes, a bit unbelievable again mad.gif

Some group are trying to install fear in Londoners simply going about their daily business . . . . I hope they all get caught and put away for years!!

I feel sickened by these acts and wish they would stop! People do stupid things to terrify others, don't they? It's a sick world in some people's minds. mad.gif

#6 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

There is nothing more "new" which I can add except I totally agree with what Mimi, Sandra and Caroline said. So glad that Margaret and Nancy checked into this board to let us know you gals are safe.

Gigi

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

Glad everyone is safe, I am afraid this is just the cruel world we now live in.
Sad but true.

#8 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:33 PM

I'm glad to hear our precious Brits are safe tonight. I pray this insanity STOPS.

HUGS biggrin.gif XOXOXO biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#9 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:32 AM

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!! Don't these people even Care that innocent lives are at stake here? mad.gif

Take care and stay safe!

Pamela.

#10 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:25 AM

Hello to everyone,

I completely agree with the previous expressions.

People are really criminal doing these disaster, as they do in Israel.

Fortunately our Lisasite English friends are safe, but it's terrible to live with the terror of bombs.

Even in Italy we have maximum alert particularly for Rome, Vaticano and Milan.
I live in Monza which is 13 km from Milan, but sometime I have to go to Milan for work and I have to take the undergroung to go there because the office is just in the very center of Milan (the Cathedral). I had to go there last week, but my husband forbidden me to go. I'm quite fatalist and say that it may happens everywhere, but my husband does not think the same.

Charlotte

#11 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Charlotte @ Jul 22 2005, 04:25 AM)
Hello to everyone,

I completely agree with the previous expressions.

People are really criminal doing these disaster, as they do in Israel.

Fortunately our Lisasite English friends are safe, but it's terrible to live with the terror of bombs.

Even in Italy we have maximum alert particularly for Rome, Vaticano and Milan.
I live in Monza which is 13 km from Milan, but sometime I have to go to Milan for work and I have to take the undergroung to go there because the office is just in the very center of Milan (the Cathedral). I had to go there last week, but my husband forbidden me to go. I'm quite fatalist and say that it may happens everywhere, but my husband does not think the same.

Charlotte

View Post

Dear Charlotte,
I am so glad you listened to your husband, he might have been thinking more clearly at the moment.
I don't understand their logic either but on the otherhand I would not want to be on there same wavelength either.
I am so glad the Brits are standing up to them and not taking any crap from them.
So happy that Tony Blair told President Bush that they didn't need his help.
Probably didn't need the crime scene tampered with would be my thought.
Hats off to Scotland Yards!!!

#12 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:48 AM

YES the world has gone mad! I would say criminally insane! More then 80 people died in another bomb attack - this time in Egypt. When will it end???!!!! These days there is an over abundance of hatred in the world - we really NEED to start generating kindness over killing. I'm really losing faith in humanity, I think the whole world is starting to go crazy and I wonder where all this will take us. I fear for our children being raised with all this madness - what must they think of us as a whole world!

I believe in little things - please everyone, try to take some time during your daily life to be kind to a stranger, do something nice for a neighbor, help someone you don't know, any kindness we do IS the proof that we are worth saving as a people. Please don't let your fear turn to hatred - I KNOW it's hard in these times and I realize when both your cheeks have been slapped it's hard to "turn them" but I think reason is the key to our salvation as a world - we need more reason in the world. I'm trying to be a more reasonable person myself, for now I can only say I'm trying. I have my moments.

Well, I guess it's another rant in the morning - sorry everyone - Have a GREAT WEEKEND AND BE KIND!!! Katita

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:54 AM

Katita,

Very wise words and good advice. wink.gif

#14 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

I agree with Katita, the Egypt thing is really bad. Poor people on holiday just minding their own business and they get blown up. A couple of Brits are amongst the dead there too.

#15 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:10 AM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
To everyone on the E.L. solids site.

It is a great shame that we have such people in our midst, we do not know who they are and could be your neighbour.

For what it is worth, the neighbours of these terrorists, say they could not believe that these were the people that had done the bombings, as they came from good Muslim backgrounds.

This is why it will never end, and we will continue being shocked by all the attrocities that are happening in the World today.

We will just have to live with it, and not let these people stop us doing what we would do in our daily lives, and that includes travelling to different countries.

The Twin towers bombing didn't stop our family from visiting the U.S.A. and we have been coming over every year for 30 years, and visiting again in October.
So please do not stop visiting our wonderful country, just be very wary as you would in any other destination.
Elly. (A loyal Brit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users