#62 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Hi Winnie,
Welcome aboard!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is great news you have to share with us. I would be sooooo happy to get 4 EL solid perfumes for $25 a piece. That would be a miracle! The CCS is not that low.
Very interesting info you have passed on to us.
Look forward to chatting with you laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh, Ladies, did I hear a tint of maybe having EL spies ph34r.gif lurking on the site ph34r.gif huh.gif blink.gif

Please Winnie, don't think I'm talking about you. You're the only one with enough courage to come forth and tell about the goings on at the warehouse sales biggrin.gif

#63 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:17 AM

laugh.gif EL spies . . . . are they like Secret Agents? laugh.gif

Should we be worried that this information may be reported back to EL??? I hope so!! Maybe they will change their ways! cool.gif

#64 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:22 AM

Yes! Think we definitely have some unknowns floating around!
Taking up membership but not joining the Club, so to speak! Well I have
spoken about that previously so will leave it to all our ''friends'' now!

sad.gif

#65 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

I emailed an Ebay seller about a powder compact asking how it had been acquired. Here is the response I received and I thought y'all might be interested in reading it.

Thanks for writing. Your questions are excellent. This was NOT purchased at a Department Store, rather at a Estee Warehouse Sale where there are items that have not yet been sent out to various dept. stores. The contracts with each store vary , whether they come in boxes, etc. So the compact is new and comes in a velvet pouch as opposed to a box. The savings on the compacy holder alone is incredible! Rather than offer the powder, I am not a beauty consultant that would know what shade to recommemd. The inventory would be too much and it is best to go to your favorite department store to get the powder that would go best with your skin type. I prefer this for sanitary conditions as well.

I sincerely hope that this explanation answers your questions. Rest assured--this chick is brand new! And, being offered at an exceptional price

#66 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

I used to look forward to the new releases and rush to be one of the first buyers. It was almost a game! Now I am uninspired and willing to wait. However, if there was an outstanding solid that I absolutely had to have, I'd pay the full price, knowing its value could go down in a few months. But there isn't one this year that pushes my buttons...
Ar

#67 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

Hi everybody, I just got off the phone with Donna from Bergdorfs in NYC - I decided to bail on tonight because I've been working in the heat all day and I"M EXHAUSTED! She said some interesting things and how even she has tried to speak with her EL marketing connections - to no avail I think. I now think that the people who are benefitting the most from these warehouse sales are all corporate EL employees and those are the people we are complaining to .... see... I think that's why nothing is done about it. I'm sure they feel like they've got a good thing going and they will not do anything to jeopardize it.

And yes, KK - it's killing me to give up my little treasures but it hurts more to feel ripped off. I know they'll be cheaper in time and I'll buy them then.

#68 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for posting the seller's reply, Barb - very interesting reading!

The seller has given good, valid reasons why no powder is offered with the compact . . . if you believe it! I think we know better. wink.gif

#69 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

OK! I'm blonde, but I've got the big picture now!
I'm sure the EL "powers that be" are ROTFLTAO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

"Sure those fools will believe that we'll put of stop to the warehouse sales"~NOT
Ain't life grand! laugh.gif

#70 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 11 2005, 03:09 PM)
I now think that the people who are benefitting the most from these warehouse sales are all corporate EL employees and those are the people we are complaining to ....  see...  I think that's why nothing is done about it.  I'm sure they feel like they've got a good thing going and they will not do anything to jeopardize it.  .

View Post

Good point Katita, although Lisa, Woody, and Sandra went all the way to the top of the food chain with this complain at their EL call last year and still no change
mad.gif

#71 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Lori B @ Aug 14 2005, 11:12 AM)
Good point Katita, although Lisa, Woody, and Sandra went all the way to the top of the food chain with this complain at their EL call last year and still no change
mad.gif

View Post

Hi Lori - unfortunately I wasn't part of that phone call (as I am in Australia) . . . I think you will find it was Ann and Ken with Lisa and Woody on that conference call to EL.

ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users