70 replies to this topic

#46 winnie

winnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hi:
I am new for this web. I have gone to the warehouse sale before. The solid perfume sold there are some either empty solid perfume or come with the box. So I don;t know why the people would like to purchase it with the regular retail price since the warehouse sale price is increditable low.

#47 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

Hi Winnie and welcome! Which warehouse sale(s) did you attend? What items were being sold? And how many could you buy?

#48 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:35 PM

Yes, Woody, I was going to make a post to Winnie asking her where she lived and
how to get access to these places! (A visitor interrupted my posting this earlier).

I am sure if we all knew, there would be a stampede and no-one wants to
pay top $ if they can get them at the lower prices!

So Winnie, would love to hear from you, but I doubt this will apply to the
U.K.... sad.gif

#49 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

Hey there Winnie!

A big welcome to you
Thanks for tellling us about the warehouse sales, this is exactly why I stopped buying solids at retail.

Just so that you know- EL told us collectors that the sellling of solids at the warehouse sales was stopped (none of us believe that though)

#50 winnie

winnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

Hi:
I live in Canada!
EL will have warehouse sale in May and Dec. every year. Only EL employee will have tickets, and they can invite their friends to go.
Every time they will have different solid perfume to sell. This May, they have a lot of perfume from JS 2004 and 2005. Some of them come with the box, but some of them are empty. They alos have some solid perfume form 2002 and 2003 which the price are increditbale low . I don't want to tell the price range, because there are so many people are selling them on ebay. They will be very unhappy if I do that. But let me give you an ideal,. I purchased one empty Petite Four Solid Perfume with white rhinestones on it (I believe that it is a usa edition), it did not cost me more than $25.
Let me know if you have other question!
Winnie

#51 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:47 PM

Winnie, thanks for sharing this information.

To think I have been looking for this particular solid for ages as it is nicer
than the version we have over here. AND to think it is being sold
at that price! Incredible.

So this might account for all the Fairies being sold and other solids too.
Suddenly we are awash with certain solids, and I can only assume that
the employees are buying and selling them. They are probably
reading your posts, and the posts of all us right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my first question is, why is this being allowed and making a mockery
of our purchasing. Surely if they do have these perks, they should be
limited and some sort of control exercised.

Secondly, and I hope no-one on the Site takes offence, I strongly and
sincerely feel there should be more feedback on new members and
where they are from. I would like to know if I am talking to a
genuine collector or an employee from E.L. I realise this is an impossible
task, but it is not a happy situation.

Thank you for your insight and honesty. Welcome to the Site!

#52 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Aug 5 2005, 07:47 PM)
Winnie, thanks for sharing this information. 

To think I have been looking for this particular solid for ages as it is nicer
than the version we have over here.      AND to think it is being sold
at that price!  Incredible.

So this might account for all the Fairies being sold and other solids too.
Suddenly we are awash with certain solids, and I can only assume that
the employees are buying  and selling them.  They are probably
reading your posts, and the posts of all us right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my first question is, why is this being allowed and making a mockery
of our purchasing.    Surely if they do have these perks, they should be
limited and some sort of control exercised.

Secondly, and I hope no-one on the Site takes offence, I strongly and
sincerely feel there should be more feedback on new members and
where they are from.      I would like to know if I am talking to a
genuine collector or an employee from E.L.      I realise this is an impossible
task, but it is not a happy situation. 

Thank you for your insight and honesty.    Welcome to the Site!

View Post

HI EVERYONE:

I AM READING THESE POSTS AND JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT'S GOING ON AT EL.....WELL, I GUESS I CAN BUT....I JUST WANT EVERYONE OUT THERE TO KNOW THAT MY SOLIDS AND POWDERS THAT I AM SELLING TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE ARE NOT, AND I REPEAT NOT FROM ANY WAREHOUSE SALE OR OUTLET STORE OF ANY KIND!!!
MANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAVE BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO PURCHASE SOME OF MY COLLECTION AND I JUST WANTED TO ASSURE YOU THAT 95% OF MY COLLECTION WAS PURCHASED BY MYSELF AT LAUDER COUNTERS IN MAJOR DEPARTMENT STORES NEW !!! THE OTHER 5% ARE OLDER ONES THAT I HAVE FOUND EITHER AT AN ESTATE SALE OR ANTIQUE SHOW.......
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE INTEREST OUT THERE......I FEEL SO GOOD THAT MY COLLECTION IS GOING TO PEOPLE THAT REALLY CARE AND WILL ENJOY THEM AS I HAVE..........
..SHAME ON YOU EL FOR CHEAPING THE MARKET ON THESE ONCE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE CREATIONS.........
...AND KUDOS TO YOU MEMBERS OUT THERE KEEPING EACH OTHER INFORMED OF THE GOOD AND THE NOT SO GOOD IN BIG BUSINESS.....

REGARDS,
PAMELA

#53 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hi Winnie and a big welcome to the site from me . . . . thanks for the info. Firstly, you're lucky if you live in Canada, collect solid perfumes and work for EL !! You will save hundreds of $$$. They might as well just give them away!! laugh.gif

Not so lucky over here or places where you cannot access them personally. This is why people have to buy them from shops or other people. sad.gif

I have to rely on Ebay, Harrods, EL sales reps or members on this site to get any solids as not all of them are released over here and those that do are limited in numbers and EXTREMELY expensive.

So unfortunately, I can't control the price - I can't get the store credits or other discounts. I am at the mercy of other people who tell me how much the total cost is for the solid and to ship it to me. I rely on their honesty and integrity. Probably like most of the other international members who don't live on the American and Canadian continent. (Sorry for the big boo-hoo!)

Still if you are a collector, then it's all worthwhile, isn't it? If you want to sell any of them then it's virtually impossible from over here as we can't compete with the pricing.

OK - that's my gripe - over and out! ph34r.gif

#54 blackvelvette

blackvelvette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 02:23 AM

Just wanted to let all members know that I am NOT an EL employee nor a family

member of one. smile.gif

I have heard though that there are EL Sales here too but have not been to one.

Pamela

#55 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:09 AM

I have an idea - why don't we all ask our SA's at EL to TAKE US to the warehouse sales tongue.gif wink.gif they work for EL and they can go to the sales and bring their friends and family - aren't WE they friends? I find it INCREDIBLE that EL would hire people, pay them a salary and then let them buy cheap solids to flood the market with - we can bypass EL completely and just pay their employees as well. I wonder how'd they like that? I did purchase the JS solids from the Vegas store, they haven't arrived yet but I am considering returning all of them. I'm very upset by all this. I'm thinking of concentrating my collection to only older solids that I buy from LEGITIMATE collectors (ie: the people on this site). You have to be very careful on Ebay these days - I've seen solids for sale that say EL but are not EL solids. There's a lot of garbage out there.

#56 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 6 2005, 05:09 AM)
I have an idea - why don't we all ask our SA's at EL to TAKE US to the warehouse sales  tongue.gif  wink.gif  they work for EL and they can go to the sales and bring their friends and family - aren't WE they friends?  I find it INCREDIBLE that EL would hire people, pay them a salary and then let them buy cheap solids to flood the market with - we can bypass EL completely and just pay their employees as well.  I wonder how'd they like that?    I did purchase the JS solids from the Vegas store, they haven't arrived yet but I am considering returning all of them.    I'm very upset by all this.  I'm thinking of concentrating my collection to only older solids that I buy from LEGITIMATE collectors (ie: the people on this site).      You have to be very careful on Ebay these days - I've seen solids for sale that say EL but are not EL solids.  There's a lot of garbage out there.     

View Post

Hi Katita,

Well said, I think that you have put everything in perspective, but hasn't this left "a bitter taste in the mouth" now for the true collectors of E.L. Solids!!!

Elly. mad.gif

#57 winnie

winnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:52 PM

Hi:
I think I did not make it clear. In the warehouse sale, people can only purchase 4 solid perfume, and one of each. They only allow you to purchase max 4 solid perfume included compact. And they alos said that it can not be re-sale. SO there are so peolpe out there to sell it on the ebay are only for certen solid perfume. And the most recent and popular solid perfume will not be in the warehouse sale.
SO it is not like you guy think you can save a lot of money, because you can only purchase 4 item.
There are some ebayer selling there collection may be they are really a collection, Not all of them are from warehouse sale. Becase some of the perfume will be go to the warehouse sale!!!

#58 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

Thanks Winnie, but if I were an employee and I had friends who did not
collect solid perfumes, I could take them with me and they could purchase
on my behalf. That means the 4 solid count goes out of the window i.e.
that is a way to beat it!

Hope you are not feeling too overwhelmed by all our posts on this
subject. It's just that to find old solids is hard enough. But to know
they ARE available at the Warehouse Sales and at the prices you
mentioned is certainly something for us Collectors to chat about! huh.gif

Once again, thank you for writing what you did. It certainly
has given us food for thought and appreciate your honesty!

wink.gif

#59 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

Thank you Winnie for being honest and posting on the site. I hope you understand that the frusterations you are reading are in no way directed at you. They are at EL.

For me, I think I will be done collecting EL products ~ solids and powders. This is so frusterating to me... and I do not think it is worth it any more (time, $$, and emotions involved). Maybe when I cool off I will feel differently, but this is all that comes to mind right now.

#60 winnie

winnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

Hi:
I don't know you are looking for the "aged" solid perfume. I though only the recent and JW design solid perfume are popular. because in the warehouse sale, people are only interested in the very expensive solid perfume. No body are interested in the "old" perfume, because all of them are the empty!!
Very interest!
Winnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users