• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

Welcome Sara, I 'lurked' for a while too before posting. I was afraid to look stupid, but, if you don't ask, you don't find out. I agree the Roslyn Gerson book is great, I wore mine out I had to get a second. I took it to bed and made up my wish list from it.

Lisa, if you are pruning members I could do with 'thinning' laugh.gif

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:05 PM

tongue.gif Hey Don!! You cheeky bugger, I didn't say NOT to get the book, so have NO fear about disagreeing with me!!

Sara, I think you SHOULD have the book . . . . Of course we all still use it to take to bed with us for night time reading . . . . I was just saying that it only contains solids up to 2001 and that more, up-to-date info can be found on this site!!

I'm not giving anyone a BUM STEER!! laugh.gif

(Sheesh!!)

#18 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:50 AM

Hey Lisa! Please don't Prune or weed me out of the garden yet! sad.gif
So sorry I haven't posted as much as usual been busy since the temperature
went up. blink.gif
I have enjoyed getting caught up on all the past posts. tongue.gif
Welcome Sara! biggrin.gif By all Means get the Roselyn Gerson book. I love mine,
I am like Nancy I take it to bed and make up my wish list and almost have it worn out also. ohmy.gif
KK, so sorry I didn't answer your e-mail, good to hear from you and hope your jam turned out. smile.gif

#19 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:36 AM

The book is wonderful. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Disclaimer--- Our photos are on pages 7,8,9&10 but it is still a wonderful book. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ken

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:23 PM

Pruning and Weeding has to be a good idea.

Would be nice if the members actually stated which part of the world they were from. We cannot hear them, or see them, so I do not think it is an invasion of privacy to ask for the simplest of details.

Re the books of Roselyn Gerson, they are truly an asset for any Collector. I have most of them and wouldn't be without them..... I am wondering whether another one is in the pipeline......(but I do not take them to bed with me) ohmy.gif

dry.gif

[/B]

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

If you read the posts in the best and worst topic, then you will see most of the replies state there whereabouts. However, I agree, it would be nice to see them next to the member names and avatars. Don't fret about it though - you can't force these things! wink.gif

And although you may not take your book to bed with you, you have been known to take your computer to bed instead!! laugh.gif

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:16 PM

Am not going to be able to read all that tonight! mmmmmmmmm you have a point about the books. And yes, I do take my computer to bed. He's on my lap now, but does get awfully hot!

And speaking of hot..........I did see the new solids. If they are selling for $350 (Dragon) in the States, how much will Harrods sell it for.......and the others. This will have to come under another column.

laugh.gif

#23 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

Oh, wow...I don't post that often. Please don't prune me out. I LOVE this site! wub.gif I'll try and post more.

Catherine

#24 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:10 AM

Catherine, by pruning, the plant becomes stronger, the flowers sweeter and more colourful. So the little pruning that Lisa has done, has brought the wallflowers out of the shadows and they are now beginning to bask in the sunlight! wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 29 July 2005 - 12:04 PM.

#25 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

Jacqueline,

I'll put my sunblock on! biggrin.gif

Catherine

#26 LuvSolids

LuvSolids

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

I guess I was one of those newbies that got pruned out. sad.gif

I first joined this site late last year or early part of this year, mostly to read posts , check-out the solids for sale, look at the solid database to make my "Must Have List", and googoo eyed rolleyes.gif wub.gif on Lisa's and other members wonderful solid collection that I wish I had. However, I never posted, and apparently got pruned out sad.gif , which I found out when I couldn't log on anymore. So, I re-joined again, and this time I will post. I found this site very informative, fun to read the posts, and much more complete that the EL book (which got my Estee solid collection addiction started). So I hope I can stay and be part of this for a long time. smile.gif

Have a nice day, wink.gif
Dinah

wub.gif

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:14 PM

Nice to hear from you Dinah !! See, it's not so bad posting, is it? You'll soon get the hang of it and 'chat' more often! Congrats on making your first post! biggrin.gif

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

Hi Dinah, you wouldn't be from Carolina?

Let us know where you are from (I sound like a cracked record).

Congrats on your first post. It won't take long to make a 1000! Welcome
aboard!

smile.gif

#29 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

HI DINAH........ smile.gif

KEEP THE POSTS COMING WHEN YOU CAN.

WELCOME BACK TO THE SITE..... laugh.gif