• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#46 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:22 PM

smile.gif She's ba-a-ck!! biggrin.gif Hi mate - good to see you again, alive and well. You have been missed here!!

Yes, a Union Jack on the Bulldog would've been a great touch . . . .!

#47 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:36 PM

Thanks mate! Still a bit bleary eyed so not so communicative right now! Trying to catch up!

Think Nancy could have been thinking of Sir Winston Churchill and the Bulldog. Wasn't there a Bulldog Drummond? (Crime writer).

Looking forward to seeing a picture of the Sentry. What will they do with his bearskin hat? Hardly a place to put crystals!

wink.gif
[/COLOR]

Edited by Jacqueline, 28 July 2005 - 05:36 PM.

#48 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

HI JACKY....... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

WELCOME BACK, I MISSED YOU ON THE SITE...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

MARGARET...... wink.gif

#49 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

Well! I must agree with most everyone else, the new Harrod's solids
have no enthusiasm as some of the older ones.
The Harrod's solids seem alittle pricey too me along with the general ones.
I believe I will be limited to one per customer and must choice very wisely.
wink.gif

#50 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 12:44 AM

Speaking of color problems with the solids..I was just at EL LV store last week and they have some of the solids displayed in cases in front of the store. I had to look a few times to make sure that their slot machine was...do I dare say it?...a perfect green color...yup PRISTINE! It was also encased in plastic....so there goes our fume theory. If fumes were turning the plastic to brown..then why havent the ones that have been encased turned color? Good mystery to solve.

Re: the pink cadillac..I sent mine back and haven't regretted it since. The thing looks like one of my son's matchbox or hot wheels cars. Too expensive and nothing to crow about.

RE...Harrod's dog and bear. I LOATHE THEM!

#51 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

Wow!! That's pretty amazing about the Slot Machine staying green . . . wonder how that could be?!? ohmy.gif unsure.gif

#52 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:19 AM

Hi Everyone,

I must agree with (2cute4u2) I think the bulldog is ugly, I know they are not a pretty dog, but as Jacky has said they could have put a Union Jack on it to give it a bit of glitz.
As for the bear, personally I think they need to look for something else to do...........too much of the same! ohmy.gif

When you think of all the tourist places around London that they could copy, whats wrong with The London Eye, (B.T.Wheel) Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Eros, I could go on and on.

What would be great is all the theme parks around Disney and the characters, my grandchildren would love those.

Maybe Lisa, we should bombard the designers of E.L. as to what we would like to see.............or do you think that is going a bit too far..........LOL.

Love to everyone,
Elly.

#53 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:56 AM

Agree with you Elly. Since the Harrods Palace I have been waiting for one of Buckingham Palace too! What a wonderful theme that would be i.e. having all the extra solids to go with it.

Hope you will be coming to the Convention in October. I will be writing under the U.K. Chapter as soon as I get myself sorted out.

Back to the new Harrods solids, am waiting to see a picture of the Sentry. The Yeoman of the Guard would have been nice too!

Really disappointed in the Bear but I will buy it. At least these are limited and in my book, that counts! Only wish I would have kept Rodney! If anyone has one that they do not want to keep, would be really happy to hear........ That goes for the Dragon and the Carousel too!

wink.gif

#54 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

Hi Jacky,
Good to have you back. I've been missin' ya biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#55 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:55 PM

[quote=Jacqueline,Jul 30 2005, 07:56 AM]

Hope you will be coming to the Convention in October. I will be writing under the U.K. Chapter as soon as I get myself sorted out.

Hi Jacqueline,
Woody also asked me the same question, didn't know the dates until he mentioned them, and I am so annoyed that I am going to miss it as I will be in Florida.

I really wanted to meet everyone.

Thank-you for thinking of me,

Elly.

#56 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Here is the image of the Harrods Palace Guard retail 175.00
user posted image

#57 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hi Lisa.....Thanks for the picture.

Will reserve judgement till I see it, but not my type of thing.

Margaret

#58 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

ohmy.gif huh.gif Well I don't know what to say! I am actually speechless!
Like Margaret, will reserve judgement. Would like to see
another picture if at all possible. Meanwhile.......... unsure.gif unsure.gif

#59 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

I hope it looks better in person. laugh.gif One can only hope. I'll buy it anyway---

#60 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

YOU ARE BRAVE GREYHOUND!!!!!!!!!!! THINK I WILL POP INTO HARRODS THE MOMENT IT ARRIVES.......THEN WILL WRITE ABOUT IT HERE!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohmy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users