64 replies to this topic

#61 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 08:24 AM

According to Ken-

Nicker bocker is a basketball team in New York now known as the nicks.

Also pants worn by golfers.

Ann

#62 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 02:21 PM

Fee, I will come to your house for a Knickerbocker Glory any day. You are spot on. I guess EL won't be making that one then eh! Also the Helter Skelter. What fun they were. Do I get another two chances then?
I laughed and laughed to read all the posts about these two. What it is they say about America and Britain being two countries divided by a common language!
Liliane I like your posts too. Thank goodness you are not scared to ask. I loved the translations into German. I must print off that page.Can't remember who said we learn so much from this site but how true. It is an education to log on here.

Nancy

#63 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:01 PM

Hi Nancy [Big Grin]

Who says to you that I don't be scard to ask -because I asked nevertheless? [Confused] [Silly] [Wink]

greetings, Liliane

#64 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:08 PM

Oups...
Sorry, I corrects: scared (thus nevertheless) [Cry]

#65 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 04:50 AM

I have decided on two new choices - the first, to go with the underwater scene is a Seahorse, and, since this is such an educational site - Girls, do you know that it is the male seahorse who carries the babies? How good is that?
My second choice to go with the Western theme would be a teepee. ( Is that the spelling) It could open like the circus tent to show someone inside, maybe sitting around a fire or something.
Liliane, I am glad you asked you question because I think others must have wondered too but did not like to ask. Thank you.
Nancy

[ January 25, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users