• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:48 AM

Ups ... sorry Amy ...for the "Strawberry" I am too late ...

so my second choice is:

a "Bee" (as large as the Butterflies are).

#47 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 02:51 PM

Well, if I have to pick just two, I think I'll go for the Helter Skelter (because this also fits in with the striped Circus Tent) and the Knicker Bocker Glory.
I hope some EL people are checking out this site. They won't have to do market research for years!!

Nancy

[ January 24, 2003, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Nancy ]

#48 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:42 PM

Hello Everyone,
How about an airplane with enamel and rhinestones, they did produce a boat and I think it's for the airplane.
[Big Grin] [Smile]

#49 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:45 PM

Now, as there outside already all noticed, my English is not very good. Sorry!
I could not find out what for a bird you selected Maeuschen. Also with the knickerbocker glory I'm helpless.
Perhaps someone can write me how it's called in German - that would be very dear.
Liliane

#50 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:28 PM

Don't worry Liliane, I have no idea what a Kicker Bocker Glory or a Helter Skelter is either - and I lived in the U.K. for 2 years. Like you I thought a sled would be nice (I suggested it under 'If you could design a solid) mine would be pulled with a team of huskies - it would go well with the snow theme. I also suggested a Samoyed which is a beautiful snow dog. He could be in white enamel with a black nose & jewelled eyes & collar. As I own a real one I would certainly buy the solid. Karen

#51 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:46 PM

I'm curious, too. What is a knicker bocker glory?

#52 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 09:55 PM

Wow - you probably have another name for a knicker-bocker glory. It's a dessert in kind of like a milkshake glass (back to that one again!) and it's filled with different flavours of icecream, maybe a bit of fruit, cream and those thick, sticky dessert sauces! [Razz]
As for the Helter Skelter it is like a tall tower in the middle with stairs in it and then round the outside is a slide that coils round it to the bottom. [Big Grin] ah back to my youth when we would go to the seaside and pay for so many rides, you used to take a mat a bit like a door mat with you and slide down on it!
[Big Grin]
I like the sound of both of those - bring back fond memories! [Wink]

#53 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 10:24 PM

So a "knicker-bocker glory" is like an ice cream sundae then? I still don't have a suitable Americanism for the Helter Skelter though.

-Jack

#54 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 12:51 AM

Aussie Girl,

You had me in stitches! Kicker Bocker Glory!!! [New Laugh] [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Thanks Fee for your description. Spot on!

Jacky

#55 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 02:54 AM

Jacky, What a hoot - I hadn't noticed I'd left out the 'n' but it's very hot here - 40 degrees to-day with 42 expected to-morrow so there's every possibility my brain has 'frizzled' up [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

Fee - thanks for the explanation. Karen

#56 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 04:09 AM

Cordial thanks Fee!!!

I understood it now - I god it [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You know all, that we learn much from this club. I learn here not only much over solids, I learn also still English. By the way "knicker bocker" written in the German way: "Knickerbocker" are Trousers (seven eighths long), which are carried with us into the mountains (for migrations, mountain pastes).

Great day, Liliane

#57 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:26 AM

I would like 1.a replica of a perfume bottle (to go with Lisas' lipstick) and 2. a cluster of purple grapes to go with the fruit theme.
My list could be endless, there are soooo many possibilities. [Roll Eyes]

#58 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:58 AM

Glad I could shed some light on the sweet-er side of life! [Big Grin]
Nancy - you might want to check that my recipe is the same as yours and that I'm not leading everyone astray! [Suspicious] hee hee!
Liliane - No problem with your English - I never really thought twice about these terms until it was mentioned on the board but my husband, who is Australian, didn't have a clue about them either! I presume they must be 'British'terms!. I associate 'Knicker-bockers' with either the 'glory' or long pantalooned underwear from yesteryear! lol [Big Grin]

#59 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:22 AM

Hallo Liliane !
Mein Vogel hummingbird ist ein Kolibri. [Big Grin]
Knickerbocker kannte ich bislang auch nur die Hosen. Helter skelter heisst wˆrtlich ¸bersetzt
holterdipolter - witziger Name f¸r ein Eisdessert.
man lernt nie aus.

Michaela

#60 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 07:21 AM

Karen, Fee, Jack and Maeuschen

You all are so good and kind [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

To her in addition also still the expressions explained, for which I had not even asked and did not understand, is realy super [Smile] Since you are not an encyclopedia, I had inhibitions to ask still more / everything.

Again, best thanks to you all! Liliane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users