64 replies to this topic

#1 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 04:42 PM

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has any feelings on what they are going to produce for the winter of 2003? Which theme they will do. My guess is maybe a bull, which wll go with the matador as someone else mentioned earlier...Lets all tell our guesses and save the guesses and see who comes the closest......I will give it a few days and everyone start thinking.... [Roll Eyes] [Confused] [Confused]
This should be fun******
come on everyone join in !!!!!
Debbie (so maybe I'm bored at home today) Ha Ha!! [Big Grin]

#2 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 05:15 PM

I wonder if they do a bull, if it will have nice RED little droplets of BLOOD coming out of it where it was stabbed repeatedly with a spear? Wouldn't that be pretty??? I for one don't think so...I think it is sad that they are already doing disgusting ones... like the rodeo cowboy roping and hurting animals, having a beautiful lion trapped in a cage, and of course the matador getting ready for the kill! I hope the Lauder corporation gets a heart and sticks to pretty and pleasant and ones. Just my opinion of course, perhaps I am just more sensitive than others!

#3 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 05:37 PM

Pancho,
I hope you didn't buy any of the ones you are sensitive about, sorry you feel that way... I too love animals, have a few myself... I don't think Estee Lauder is trying to hurt feeling but to honor the country and to show the culture and what they are known for...Please take no offense to that...This is what happens in spain..has been going on since ages ago... You seen to be a very caring person..Its refreshing to here someone cares about animals, I hope I didn't upset you, I was just talking about the themes and that popped in to my head, so sorry if your upset, but I'm not offended by that it is their way, right or wrong..... Debbie [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

#4 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 07:00 PM

Hi Debbie.....no offense taken by you, I was just trying to make a point that in these days of being "politically correct" some of the subject matter just doesn't seem right. Just because it is the culture of a country, it doesn't make it right. As long as people close their eyes to what is happening, things will never change. Quite awhile ago on this site, someone else said they thought it would be so "cute" to do a Bull, I managed to bite my tongue then, but just couldn't let it pass me by again. If I did that I'd be doing exactly what I'm against ! I love all of the other nice themes that Estee does, and there are so many other choices that I just hope they think of the masses. Thanks for your nice response and happy collecting!

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 11:12 AM

I personally don't feel that any of the solids are in bad taste or politically incorrect.
I too love animals as I am sure everone else on this board does as well. The cowboy has a hat not a rope and the matador cannot beat an animal to death with a cape. If he had a knife or sword that would be a different story.
As far as the lion in a cage goes I don't like animals in cages either but that is why I choose not to go to the circus. I think saying that it is promoting cruelty to animals is taking it to the extreme.

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 11:44 AM

We do rescue work for misplaced animals so we are very sensitive to animal rights. [Smile]

We can find nothing wrong with EL's animals to date.
They protray them in far better light than the human faces that they do. [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken
(4 cats& 3 birds)

#7 Kim

Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 11:55 AM

I've cheated and e-mailed my ex-colleagues at EL as I know that they would have had the marketing at the end of last year so that the field force could do their buy-ins with the stores by Christmas. The only thing is that there is a difference between the UK and US markets. [Roll Eyes]

#8 Sylvia Ray

Sylvia Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 12:35 AM

Pancho,

Does the Bubbly promote alcohol abuse?
Will the Showgirl be degrading to women?
Is Bird Cage showing cruelty to animals?

I don't want to beat a dead horse here - pardon the pun - but I think you are reading into these things a bit too much.

Miss Ray

#9 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 01:06 AM

thanks by coming to my defense, I am truley sorry for offending anyone but I too felt uncomfortable on the matter I talked about...So sorry but I was just trying to have fun, but all your comments were so true, I couldn't of said it better, thanks all of you, I didn't know quite what to say, Pancho really put me in a spot, but not to hurt anyones feeling, almost made me feel that I didn't want to talk on the site...but eveyone is intitled to his/hers opinion....just remember I would never want to hurt anyones feelings I was
merely suggesting a little fun....Thanks for the support I do feel better.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Smile]

#10 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 02:09 PM

Hi Debbie,

You have a very good idea. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
We are putting some thought into it. [Big Grin]

The 2003 are already in production and we will know in couple of months what EL has come up with.

We get a preveiw of them at the IPBA convention every year in May but word leaks out before then.

EL used to have a contest with their SA's on ideas on solids and the SA would get a free solid if they used their idea.

We think your idea of a contest on here would be fun. [Big Grin]

Ann & Ken

#11 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 02:20 PM

Debbie, you are doing just fine!! listen to what Ann, ken, Miss Ray and Lisa said....
Lisa, I ditto your statement.....give me a break Pancho, let's not get carried away here...
Debbie, don't you dare stop posting your fun ideas...nor should anyone else..
I enjoy ALL the great ideas you people have...

Just a note: I have two golden retreivers and my sister has four labs!!! I think it is safe to say I love animals. And yes, I support the ASPCA and the Humane Society of the United States yearly. Now let's have some fun with estee lauder solids here at solidperfume.com!!!!

Have a great day everyone - it's like 4 degrees here in upstate new york!!!!!
Time to go to boca and visit lisa & jack

Pamela [Smile] [Wink] [Silly] [Big Grin]

#12 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 03:09 PM

What a great topic!
Lisa I think you should award an extra gold star to the person who comes closest!
What about a baby in a pram that would be nice.
Then they could do a rattle to go with it!
An Owl would be nice and a Champagne Glass to go with the Champagne Bottle
What about a Bride and Groom to go with the Cake?
A Deck Chair to go with the Palm Tree?
A Dolphin would be fab! (if that doesn't offend the animal lovers!) [Cry]
And a Sail Boat.
That's my lot! all out of ideas.
Maggie [New Laugh] [New Laugh]

#13 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 06:57 PM

Great topic, Debbie (and fun, too)1 I agree with you, and think they probably will do the Spanish bull. The palm tree is a tropical theme, so maybe a striped cabana, pink flamingo, or exotic bird. Wouldn't a peacock be beautiful! I think, too, that another animal from Africa will be added ... maybe a monkey?

#14 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 08:41 PM

I would love to see a saxaphone produced to go nicely with the violin and the piano. With the dance theme, I'd love to see a pair of stage tap dance shoes (black and white) produced! The tap shoes would go nice with the top hat!

#15 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 10:51 PM

O.K. we will have some kind of contest.
Each person has two guesses
The person that has the winning guess will get some sort of special prize.
[Wink]

Pamela,
It is and has been cold here!!! [Eek!] Right now we are at 53 BURRRR.. Remember at 70 we put the heat on.
Also my dogs (two dobermans) can't stand the cold because of their short hair, their teeth chatter, I am not joking about that!!! It is too funny!!

[ January 20, 2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users