• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ribbitdenver

ribbitdenver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

Spoke with Jackie, she is ok and on holiday at her brothers. Anyone else checking in?
Prayers with you all

Lori

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:09 PM

Yeah - such a shock to everyone - a real worry. Yes - good to hear Jacky is safe and far from it!

I hope all our English members are safe and well. An anxious time for all - really don't know what to say except DOWN WITH THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO THESE THINGS!!!! mad.gif mad.gif

#3 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

[SIZE=7][COLOR=purple][FONT=Geneva] I agree with Sandra - this is no way to get your message across. I hope everyone we know is okay. My condolences to ALL of London. This is just awful. I was just talking to my new SA at Harrods yesterday - her name is Rachel Cox if anyone needs a contact there. I guess all I can really do is pray this kind of human behaviour comes to an end soon.

All of you will be in my prayers tonight! Be well everyone,

Katita

#4 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

HELLO EVERYONE......

YES JACKY IS SAFE AND WELL, ONE OF THE TUBE STATIONS HIT WAS JUST AROUND THE CORNER FROM HER.

I HAVE BEEN IN THE NORTH OF ENGLAND ALL DAY AND DID NOT FIND OUT THE TRUE EXTENT OF THE CARNAGE UNTILL I GOT HOME JUST NOW ( 11-30 ) THURSDAY EVENING.

THINK FOUR OR FIVE BOMBS AND ABOUT THIRTYFIVE PEOPLE KILLED.

MOST PEOPLE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING THIS TO HAPPEN FOR SOME TIME NOW....IT COULD BE ANYWHERE AND ANY TIME.

A VERY SAD DAY...... ALL I CAN SAY IS...... THE BRITISH PEOPLE WILL GO ON ABOUT THEIR DAILY BUSINESS AND NOT BE DEFEATED ITS THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE THAT MAKES US WHAT WE ARE.

JUST NOW I AM VERY VERY ANGRY, WHEN I SEE A NEWSPAPER IN THE MORNING I WILL POST THE LATEST NEWS......THERE IS TALK OF IT BEING A INSIDE JOB, THAT MEANS PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN BROUGHT UP IN BRITIAN, BUT RIGHT NOW NOBODY KNOWS.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED AND CARED wub.gif wub.gif

WHEN I KNOW MORE I WILL LET YOU KNOW........ MARGARET

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:04 PM

It's such a terrible senseless act. Our thoughts are with everyone who was injured or lost a loved one.

Relieved to hear Jackie and Margaret are OK. Thinking about Don & Margarets daughter and all our Harrods friends.

#6 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:41 PM

My heart goes out to the victims and their families of this murderous, cowardly act. Margaret, thank you for keeping us informed and I'm thankful you are Jacky are safe.

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

Yes - Summer, Don and Margaret, we would like to hear from you soon!! Let us know how you are!!! ohmy.gif

#8 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for everyone's concern about Summer.

The news on her is all good. She was on her way to work on the tube when they made everyone get off using a central power failure as the excuse. She tried to get a taxi and could not find one, so she walked about 45 minutes till she took a bus ph34r.gif the rest of the way to work.

She also called this evening and said she was at home safely. She lives on the east end by Canary Wharf so it is quite a trip.

We are concerned about everyone in London and hope they all remain safe and we are praying for the injured and the families that lost loved ones.

These senseless attacks are the most infuriating things in the last few years. Nothing is gained and innocent lives are lost. What are these monsters thinking that justifies this carnage? mad.gif

#9 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

Hope everyone we know in London is ok, our prayers are with you

For our members out of the US, The Federal Officials elevated the alert for the United States Rail, subway, and bus system today. They are concerned about the possibility of a copycat attack. The agency's color-coded alert went from yellow to orange, the second highest on a five-point scale. This warning only applies to mass transit.

Looks like the United States is not taking any chances.

It is really sad we all have to live with a few nuts that do so much damage to others.

#10 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

Oh my Gooness!! I've thought about this all day!! I suppose it was best that I was at work and occupied. Don and Margaret....I am so glad that Summer is safe. I can only imagine how frightening this must have been for you.

I am so thankful to know that our London Members, Jacky and Margaret are O.K.

I'm praying for all the strong Brits and knowing that Churchill's words "Never ever ever ever ever GIVE UP", will ring true.

Love and strength to all of you,

Mimi

#11 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:29 AM

HELLO EVERYONE......

HAVE JUST WATCHED THE LUNCHTIME NEWS.

LONDON IS GETTING BACK TO SOME SORT OF NORMALITY TODAY.....SUCH BRAVE PEOPLE.

GOD BLESS ALL OUR EMERGENCY SERVICES.

MARGARET AND DON..... SO HAPPY THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS SAFE, YOU MUST HAVE BEEN TERRIFIED.

MARGARET.....

#12 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:40 AM

I too add my thoughts and prayers to our London friends. So glad that Jacky and Margaret and Summer are safe and OK. That is a big relief. Thanks to everyone for posting and letting us know. This once again proves that us members do care about each other.

I too do not understand why these people choose to act in this way to make their point and it makes me mad. It also makes me defiant and try to carry on my daily life and actions in a normal fashion.

Gigi

#13 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

To All my British friends on this site.
I'm so sorry to hear of this act of barbarism on your native soil. I'm so happy you weren't harmed. My prayers are with you and your country.
wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:38 PM

Was reading about it all in the papers on the weekend . . . can't believe or imagine the horror people find themselves in just trying to get to work on a normal day . . . sad.gif

Very, very sad stories, some of them . . . . just shocking what humans can do to each other. mad.gif

Not very much can stop these sorts of things really. They are obviously well planned and carried out by 'intelligent' people who try to stay one step ahead of everyone. A sad world to live in, really. mad.gif sad.gif

Why do fanatics have to do these types of cruel acts?

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thank you all for the concern shown to us over here in this part of the world. I am just catching up on the site. So much to read and to make comments on!

This afternoon I took a short walk to try and see some of the devastation at the Edgware Road Station. This is just around the corner from where I live. I have been told many stories and it is only through being here now, that it really strikes home.

The short street from my turning to the underground station has just been re-opened. Apparantly, there were flowers filling the road and many, many tears shed.. The station has not been re-opened as yet but there is still a heavy police presence. This was the same scene at Victoria Station when I arrived in the early hours of this morning. Police everywhere (as you will no doubt see on your news programmes). Now I am home, it becomes much more real. My sister told me how a Polish girl who works in a Pub in the City (Barbican where my sister lives) was on the bus which was blown up. Apparantly she was upstairs and all she remembers was standing up with blood pouring from her face. Now she is back at work with some stitches in her forehead. How she survived is a miracle in itself. A Polish Newspaper arranged for her parents to be flown here to be with her (am wondering why our government did not do this)!

This is just a brief insight to London right now. And once again, 'thank you' for thinking of us and sharing your thoughts!

[/I]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users