9 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:05 AM

[COLOR=blue]

Well with the great news for Lisa and Jack I started thinking of all the funny stories and old wives tales I have heard about pregnancy. tongue.gif blink.gif

With this being a worldwide site ther must be lots of funnies out there.

Here are a couple to get us going. rolleyes.gif

My Grandma could tell if it was going to be a boy or a girl by threading a needle with cotton (not nylon) and holding it above the ladies tummy. If the needle started spinning clockwise it would be a girl and if it went anticlockwise it would be a boy.
She told me she had never been wrong!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

When my mother was having me she had a craving to eat coal - very odd ph34r.gif ohmy.gif

It doesn't seem to have done me any harm, and it may explain why I fell in love with Paul - his father was a miner for 20 years ohmy.gif wink.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Can't wait to read some of the other weird and wonderful tales.

Caroline

#2 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:26 AM

Oooh, I love this topic.

This is a link to the Chinese Lunar Calendar which predicts the sex of the baby based on your age and month of conception (see the instructions at the top of the link page).

http://www.pregnancy...se_calendar.htm

It was not right for me, but still fun!

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:07 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Hahaha, Caroline - that's a funny story about your mum eating coal and you marrying a guy who's father was a miner. They say there's always a connection within six degrees, don't they!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Would love to hear more pregnancy stories!! I'm sure there's plenty around! cool.gif

#4 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:15 AM

Nothing out of the ordinary for me, except I really like to eat green beans. The doc said it was probably the sodium(salt) in them. Who knows I still love green beans biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif

#5 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

Lori,

I tried the calendar "it was right on all three times" go figure!!!

Here is a good one right after the baby is born - My grandmother told my mom to rub my head to have strong hair growth ( of course you must go counter clockwise or it won't work) ! huh.gif

QUOTE(Lori B @ Jul 7 2005, 05:26 AM)
Oooh, I love this topic. 

This is a link to the Chinese Lunar Calendar which predicts the sex of the baby based on your age and month of conception (see the instructions at the top of the link page).

http://www.pregnancy...se_calendar.htm

It was not right for me, but still fun!

View Post

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

I ALSO HAD A CRAVING FOR COAL, NOT TO EAT IT BUT TO SMELL IT ohmy.gif I USED TO SPEND HALF MY DAY WITH MY HEAD IN THE COAL BUNKER.

FIRELIGHTERS WERE ANOTHER THING I USED TO SMELL ALONG WITH COALTAR SOAP AND WHEN THEY CAME TO LAY TAR ON THE ROAD IN THE VILLAGE I WAS OUT OF MY MIND WITH JOY....... TO THIS DAY MY SON STILL LOVES COALTAR SOAP laugh.gif laugh.gif

REGARDS.....MARGARET

#7 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Jul 8 2005, 03:39 PM)
I ALSO HAD A CRAVING FOR COAL, NOT TO EAT IT BUT TO SMELL IT  ohmy.gif  I USED TO SPEND HALF MY DAY WITH MY HEAD IN THE COAL BUNKER.

FIRELIGHTERS WERE ANOTHER THING I USED TO SMELL ALONG WITH COALTAR SOAP AND WHEN THEY CAME TO LAY TAR ON THE ROAD IN THE VILLAGE I WAS OUT OF MY MIND WITH JOY....... TO THIS DAY MY SON STILL LOVES COALTAR SOAP  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

REGARDS.....MARGARET

View Post

That is odd in a good way, Margaret!
I don't have any funny stories of pregnancy,
since I never had children of my own.
but my Mother and I shared the same birthday.
Now what are the chances of that happening? huh.gif

#8 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:37 AM

HI PAM smile.gif

HOW ABOUT THIS FOR A COINCEDENCE......

MY SON WAS BORN ON THE 12th OF THE 12th

HIS GRANDFATHER WAS THE 2nd OF THE 2nd

AND HIS FATHER IS THE 1st OF THE 1st

WHEN MY GRAND-DAUGHTER WAS DUE TO BE BORN IN MARCH WE KEPT OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE 3rd OF THE 3rd BUT IS WAS NOT TO BE

NICE TO SHARE A BIRTHDAY WITH YOUR MUM laugh.gif

REGARDS.....MARGARET

#9 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:44 AM

Good Morning all, Okay Here goes one for my mom. She had ten babies. ohmy.gif Her first two were born at home. Her mother & father helped deliver them. huh.gif
I am number 8. biggrin.gif

Margaret

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the fun topic Caroline, I enjoyed reading all of the great stories. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users