• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:05 PM

Hey Everyone! I couldn't believe it! I was wasting time browsing at Ruby Lane and I saw a little key cabinet that a crafter had made. She did a mosaic with a bunch of jewelry pieces on it. Right there glued and grouted into the cabinet was a Starry Night solid! I was sick! If it was not already sold I would have bought it and dug it out of there! The whole cabinet sold for $72. I wonder if someone wanted the cabinet (it was very cute) or if someone spied the solid. I guess you can find solids anywhere if you look hard enough! If anyone would like to see it go to ruby Lane search mosaic, go to page 25, about 5 items done look for Sold Mosaic Jeweled key box. I will try a hyperlink.I don't know how long it will be there so if anyone wants to see it go soon! I bought a collage pin once at a flea market that has a Vanda Cukoo clock glued on it. Have any of you ever made art out of your solids. Donna
Starry Night in art!
I got my daughter to do the link HEEHEE! ENJOY!

#2 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

Oh My!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blink.gif ohmy.gif ph34r.gif sad.gif
I just can't believe that anyone would use a beautiful solid like that in a mosaic!
Especially with all the costume jewelry. mad.gif sad.gif huh.gif
The starry nights makes it kinda "purdy" tongue.gif
Very interesting find.
laugh.gif

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:31 AM

That is a very cute box but I think that the Starry Nights is actually a pin not the solid. If you look at it you will see more rows of crystals that make up the band around the planet- Starry nights only has one row of crystals.

I have found this pin before and was fooled by it. I have also seen many, many pins that are the exact same as some of the cameo solids.

#4 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:40 AM

Lisa-- I think you are right about that being a pin. That Pin also comes in green.

Ann

#5 Solidcrazy

Solidcrazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:19 PM

WOW you guys are correct! ohmy.gif Actually that makes me feel better. I just couldn't stand the thought of that solid being glued to a box. mad.gif HAHA It does have many more rows of crystals than the solid, but it is so similar. Who makes that pin? It is so close to the Lauder design. Now I am glad it was sold. I would have purchased it and only had a costume jewelry pin. blink.gif

Thanks for the insight. Have a great day everyone!

#6 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:01 PM

Did EL make the pins and cameos for another company to sell or did EL make them and sell them? First I heard about the pins. Do any of you collectors have the pins to match the solids? And how many pins were made to match the solids?
Lots of ??????????? smile.gif

#7 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

I have a keychain from Planet Hollywood that is the same design as EL's Starry Night.

#8 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

Lisa, you missed your vocation. You should have been a detective, you don't miss a trick. Can you imagine if you were on quality control too! You have quite an eye for detail.

#9 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Lisa

Did you see this pin at the Hillsboro Antique Mall? I looked and looked at it and almost bought it thinking it might be the closest I ever came to the EL Starry Night. It was obviously old and the price was marked Firm. Finally decided the designer at Estee must have adapted this design for the Starry.

Edited by P.E.Parry, 27 June 2005 - 06:10 PM.

#10 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:46 PM

Hi Nancy,
Are you home now? If so give me your e-address and I'll send you some photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users