• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

Well, from all the latest "Breast Cancer" scares in younger women, it's become apparent that one of the causes may be the use of underarm deodorant!

Compared to the last 30 years or so, breast cancer is becoming more frequent among younger women.

This makes sense as the deodorant is sprayed or rolled directly into the lymph glands which absorb the chemicals immediately. It is the lymph glands that are the first thing removed when breast cancer is diagnosed.

Absorbing the chemicals not only allow poisons into your body but also would clog the glands and stop their usual function.

So, like the use of 'artificial sweeteners' and other products extremely bad for your inner health, the affects depend on how much you have of it or use it.

For all those who do loads of sports or sweaty activities, or live in climates where you perspire a lot, please avoid the use of underarm deodorant and re-train yourself another way to smell 'fresh'!

#2 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:23 PM

I also read that it's antiperspirant....not plain old deodorant that may cause cancer due to the ingredients that are needed to stop wetness. in my case...the anti-perspirants make me perspire more than just a regular deodorant..so I juts use deodorant without antiperpirant, which is BTW, very tough to find. I buy the 88 cents one they sell at Big Lots laugh.gif

I personally think that its the birth control pill and also HRT (hormone replacement therapy) that are the cancer culprits in most of the cases. I have read up on the topic and the timing of cancer increase in women is now becoming evident--about 40 years after its the introduction of the pill. I think that more and more studies are showing a correlation...even doctors let the patients make up their own minds whether to use the pill or HRT...mine avoids the issue and pretty much lets her patients call the shots...unless there is a medical need...and then the use of the pill or HRT is limited to short-term and lose dosages.

I feel that using the pill or HRT is putting stuff into my body that nature either never intended for me to ingest (the pill) or stops producing due to a reason and therefore shouldn't be replaced (HRT). JHMHO rolleyes.gif

Edited by 2cute4u2, 23 June 2005 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

Exactly Barb - "putting stuff into your body that nature never intended" is the key to a lot of illnesses with "unknown causes" . . . or is it because certain things are such big money spinners that certain companies / doctors / people don't want you to know that their products cause major health problems!!

Antiperspirants / deodorants . . . . aren't the chemicals doing the same thing? That is, not letting you sweat and expire smells when you need to?

#4 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:00 AM

Sandra and Barb you both have good points. smile.gif
My question is why or how did my grandmother
died of cancer? She did not take alcohol, cigarettes,
nor did she ever use deodorants or birth control pills or HRT
replacements. Simply not eating right? Or in the genes?
Or perhaps a combination of both? huh.gif
Perhaps only the higher power knows! ph34r.gif

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:22 PM

Hi Pam. I guess a lot of things are cancer causing. The older generation, I have no answers for. There are probably a lot of other things she may have been exposed to so that her immune system was knocked around and couldn't fight it. It could have been a lack of something or it could have been an excess of something else. It seems that there are many, many causes. I am just trying to point out things we can avoid to bring problems onto ourselves as the 'younger generation' who have access to things that do us more harm than good.

It can been a case of "simply not eating right". I know that causes many other physical and psychological problems!!

#6 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jun 26 2005, 06:22 PM)
Hi Pam.  I guess a lot of things are cancer causing.  The older generation, I have no answers for.  There are probably a lot of other things she may have been exposed to so that her immune system was knocked around and couldn't fight it.  It could have been a lack of something or it could have been an excess of something else.  It seems that there are many, many causes.  I am just trying to point out things we can avoid to bring problems onto ourselves as the 'younger generation' who have access to things that do us more harm than good.

It can been a case of "simply not eating right".  I know that causes many other physical and psychological problems!!

View Post

Your Right Sandra! That is the conclusion my Aunt and I came to also.
Grandma didn't eat correctly. I told my husband all I remember was her fixing burnt hamburgers and jell-o with fruit cocktail in it. She helped raise me while my mother worked and after Grandma's husband, my grandfather found a girlfriend,
I suppose she didn't look after her health like she should have, although she lived to be 80 years old despite her last few unhealthy years.
Thanks for the insight Sandra, I am trying to do better by eating right and hopefully I be around as long as my Grandmother without the health problems.
huh.gif

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

Wow!! That's a pretty good innings for not eating right!

Yep - hopefully we can all get there in good health!! laugh.gif

My grand-dad is 100 and still motoring along. He has only had trouble with his legs for the last two years or so as they have been worn out through years of walking. Mentally he is still alert and functioning well, but he hates being stuck in a wheel chair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users