• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

THE WEATHER IS NOT DOWN FOR GOOD, AFTER TWO WEEKS OF NEAR PERFECT WEATHER THE STORMS ARE WITH US..... mad.gif WE HAD A STORM THAT LASTED THREE HOURS LAST NIGHT ohmy.gif

FINGERS CROSSED laugh.gif

Margaret...... smile.gif

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:48 PM

NEWS FROM THE TENNIS.......

WILLIAMS BEAT SHARAPOVA...........7-6 6-1 smile.gif

DAVENPORT/MAURESM...... RAIN STOPPED PLAY AT ONE SET EACH mad.gif

HOPE DAVENPORT WINS

Margaret

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

thanks Margaret!! Couldn't stay up during the rain delay to see what happened . . . good thing I went to bed then if they haven't finished. But I heard on the news this morning it was 5 - 3 in the third to Davenport !

Looking forward to the Hewitt/Federer match! Should be a goodie! I like watching Roger play, but of course my heart is with the Aussie! cool.gif

Glad Venus made another final. It's been a while for her! smile.gif

#19 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:17 PM

Hi Sandra......Yes 5-3 in the third to Davenport, bet they start off the days play first....do hope Davenport wins, it must be her last chance. Venus had a good match, more her old self. Can't make my mind up about the men, think the weather might be a factor for those who are not so used to the grass courts.
Will post the results as the games are over, so if you don't want to know don't look

Regards......Margaret...... smile.gif

#20 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:19 AM

A WIN FOR DAVENPORT laugh.gif laugh.gif

SO IT WILL BE DAVENPORT/WILLIAMS IN THE FINAL

Margaret

#21 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:57 PM

Yeah - close game . . . . . wish I could have seen it!

Well, bummer about Hewitt in the men's, but Federer is just on fire! He is incredible!! Good game - got to watch this one, of course!

Is was/is a great Wimbledon this year - plenty of great tennis etc. Nice to see the green grass and lovely weather over there! biggrin.gif

Going for Federer and Davenport to win.

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:31 PM

Wow, I am so thrilled with Venus's win today, it was truly am amazing match for both players and what a battle- I actually cried I was so excited and happy for Venus to win.

#23 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:45 PM

We were very happy to see Venus back to her old form also. smile.gif

We also hated to see Lindsay lose when she is playing her best tennis in years. sad.gif We truly hope she has a few more good years in her.

It was great to see two great players at the top of their games in a great match. Can't wait for next year at Wimbledon with Sharapova a year older (We don't care what they say, she's American wink.gif ). Womens tennis is in great shape right now and for the forseeable future. tongue.gif

Congrats to Andy also for coming through when things got really tough. That has been his downfall in the past (choking in the clutch plays). It's really good to see him mature out of that and play great. biggrin.gif

That being said though, No one is going to beat Federer unless he breaks a leg. He is a once in a lifetime type of player. Just smooth as silk. ph34r.gif

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:23 PM

And you're absolutely right, Don!! Federer is unbelieveable! Good on him. He seems a really nice bloke also!! rolleyes.gif Ah, my type of guy!!

Good close game with Davenport and Williams. It's great when they both play to win the final!! Good on Venus for getting over the line - it's a good comeback after a couple of years and losing finals to her sister.

Roll on the US Open now !! cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users