• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:59 AM

Just heard the Harrods teddy has changed from holding a parcel to now being opened armed. No other details. The others are the Beefeater and the cutest Bulldog. No details on pricing, photos or #'s being produced. I do know they will be available sometime in Sept. I do know next year we will be seeing a double decker bus and possibly Big Ben!

Please note Farzy is no longer at the EL counter at Harrods so if you worked with her you will need to ring over with your orders, address and credit card information. I would highly recommend Alison, she is so very nice! The phone # for Harrods:044-0207-730-1234 ext 2337(am I correct with this #?) They have 1 post box left if anyone is interested.

#2 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:41 PM

Thanks Lisa for sharing the wealth of Harrods information. I've been wondering what's been going on with them for this year. By the way, the 2006 (next year's solids) sound to me to be top notch and good. But like in some years past, when I hear about some solids coming out without any picture to look at I say "I'll get it, it sounds good". Then when they do come out its not what I expected and I don't buy it. So we will see what happens next year.

Gigi

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:28 PM

It all sounds very exciting - can't wait to see them!! Love the English solids - they don't let you down! biggrin.gif

Edited by Sandra, 17 June 2005 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

Lisa,
From Connecticut I dial 011-44-207-730-1234 and ask for extension 2775. Thanks for the info on Farzy. She was the SA that I dealt with last year.

Does each SA have their own extension? I noticed your extension is different than the one I reached Farzy on last year.

Edited by Nicki169, 17 June 2005 - 06:43 PM.

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

This is a B & W photo of this years Harrods bulldog solid, He's cute, he's cute!:
user posted image
Thanks Annette! wink.gif

#6 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:03 PM

I don't normally like dogs, but I have to admit he has character!
Ar

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

Jack and I always wanted an Old English Bulldog but unfortunately our two dobies won't allow it! They don't like people or anything else that moves including other dogs sad.gif

I am giving this solid two thumbs up, love it even if it is another dog. I guess it fits being he has English in his name.

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:37 PM

Sorry to say that I have seen better looking Bulldogs . . . this one looks slightly out of proportion to me, though it may be the angle . . . sad.gif

Still, I think he will be better in 'life' and colour, so will probably get him. I wonder what Dylan will think! ohmy.gif

Actually, he will probably love him. Dylan is quite sociable and enjoys company and playing with most other dogs around his size. He's a real cheeky chops boy at the park! laugh.gif

Sorry - I digress! Is it all right if we call the Harrod's bulldog "Buster"? He looks like one! cool.gif

#9 Carolyn

Carolyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

I agree with that Sandra - or maybe our bulldogs look different here in Ozland laugh.gif

I think it is way too broad in the shoulder area and the paws are also out of whack to me. Much too thick - bulldog legs are much more refined. Guess I really dont like I suppose! sad.gif

#10 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:32 AM

This is the first Harrods solid I've seen that I like. In case you remember, I have been going on about how tacky I think it is to add the Harrods logotype on the solids. But in this case I can live with the little dog collar tag tongue.gif
It's never too late to change one's mind laugh.gif

Karin

#11 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:48 AM

HE DOES LOOK A BIT OUT OF PROPORTION,THE CHEST IS TOO DEEP AND FAR TO WIDE, COULD BE HE'S BEEN MADE THAT WAY TO EMULATE STRENGTH.......HIDDEN MEANING SO TO SPEAK ph34r.gif

I DON'T GO FOR THE ANIMALS BUT THIS ONE LOOKS GOOD.

REGARDS ......MARGARET...... smile.gif

#12 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:51 AM

Hi Margaret,
I have not bought any Harrod's exclusives not even the bears,
although I have a small collection of Boyd's Bears and of course
we have Jerry's old Teddy Bear from when he was a kid, 60+ years ago. rolleyes.gif
So perhaps I should try and start collecting the Harrod's Bear.
Is there a picture of him somewhere Margaret? huh.gif

#13 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

HI PAM...... smile.gif

I HAVE NEVER COLLECTED THE HARRODS SOLIDS. THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE IS THE HARRODS PALACE AND THAT IS ONE NICE SOLID. WISH THAT I HAD BOUGHT THE ENGLISH EMBLEM LAST YEAR.....JACKY TOLD ME TO GET IT, BUT DID I TAKE NOTICE, DID I THUMP!!!!!!!!! THE TEDDY BEARS ARE MUCH SORT AFTER AND ALWAYS KEEP THEIR PRICE, YOU WILL FIND THEM IN THE SOLIDS DATABASE. MYSELF I WOULD SOONER HAVE YOUR JERRY'S OLD TEDDY BEAR, HE WILL BE WORTH A GOOD FEW $ NOW, AHHHHHH BLESS HIM, I BET HE WAS WELL LOVED wub.gif wub.gif YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON THAT SORT OF THING.

HARRODS BRING OUT A NEW BEAR SOLID MOST YEARS, IF YOU EVER WANT ONE AND CAN'T GET THROUGH TO HARRODS JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SORT IT FOR YOU. lOOKING FORWARD TO THE HARRODS BIG BEN SOLID WHEN IT COMES OUT.

YOU COULD OF COURSE GET A HARRODS SOFT TEDDY BEAR TO GO WITH JERRY'S 60 YEAR OLD ONE.... laugh.gif

MY BEST REGARDS TO YOU........MARGARET

#14 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Jun 24 2005, 09:51 AM)
HI PAM......  smile.gif

I HAVE NEVER COLLECTED THE HARRODS SOLIDS. THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE IS THE HARRODS PALACE AND THAT IS ONE NICE SOLID. WISH THAT I HAD BOUGHT THE ENGLISH EMBLEM LAST YEAR.....JACKY TOLD ME TO GET IT, BUT DID I TAKE NOTICE, DID I THUMP!!!!!!!!!  THE TEDDY BEARS ARE MUCH SORT AFTER AND ALWAYS KEEP THEIR PRICE, YOU WILL FIND THEM IN THE SOLIDS DATABASE. MYSELF I WOULD SOONER HAVE YOUR JERRY'S OLD TEDDY BEAR, HE WILL BE WORTH A GOOD FEW $ NOW, AHHHHHH BLESS HIM, I BET HE WAS WELL LOVED  wub.gif  wub.gif YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON THAT SORT OF THING.

HARRODS BRING OUT A NEW BEAR SOLID MOST YEARS, IF YOU EVER WANT ONE AND CAN'T GET THROUGH TO HARRODS JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL SORT IT FOR YOU. lOOKING FORWARD TO THE HARRODS BIG BEN SOLID WHEN IT COMES OUT.

YOU COULD OF COURSE GET A HARRODS SOFT TEDDY BEAR TO GO WITH JERRY'S 60 YEAR OLD ONE....  laugh.gif

MY BEST REGARDS TO YOU........MARGARET

View Post

Thanks Margaret! I might just take you up on the offer.
I'll never get to Harrod's or England for that matter. sad.gif
Jerry is Irish or Norwegian, not sure and he always wanted to go to Ireland
but is afraid of the flight over. So I guess I'll be staying in the states for a good long time.
You are right! The teddy bear was well loved, Jerry was an only child. huh.gif and most of his toys survived, accept for the ones his mother gave to
relatives. blink.gif
Have a nice day, Margaret!
biggrin.gif

#15 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:36 AM

PAM......SORRY JERRY IS AFRAID OF THE FLIGHT OVER, TELL HIM TO GET ON THE PLANE AND TAKE HIS TEDDY BEAR WITH HIM FOR GOOD LUCK laugh.gif

WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING THAT WE ARE AFRAID OF MY THING IS THUNDER AND LIGHTING AND THE LONDON UNDERGROUND......UCK ohmy.gif

MARGARET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users