Photo

*2005 Pink Lady*

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your thoughts on the new Las Vegas solid?

What are your thoughts on the new Las Vegas solid?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

The license plate says: EL VEGAS on the front and back plates.

The inside seat area is made of white plastic with the black painted on. We will see how this stands up to time and hopefully will not turn as some of our others.

#17 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

Not what I expected. Hoping for more bling. It reminds me of the hot wheel cars I used to buy for my boys when they were growing up. (They didn't have any pink ones though)

#18 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

To me the "Pink Lady" is promising from the good pictures you have Lisa. However, I will have to see it in person. The detailing on this solid looks good-with the visors, steering wheel and underside of the car. Yes, I too wish more crystals were on the car. But given what EL has done in the last few years with putting fewer crystals on the solids I was not surprised on this piece. This summer I will be on the East Coast of the US in New York City and New Jersey for a little more than three months. With this in mind I plan to stop and see Micky at the EL store in Manhasset. So I will get to see everything and all the 2005 solids. That will be a big treat for me since both in Montana and Wyoming I do not have that opportunity at all. As a matter of fact some of the department stores that sell El here, one year they may have general distibution solids and the next year they won't have any solids in stock for holiday. So the Pink Lady and I have a solid car "date" to meet one another about a month from now! laugh.gif

Gigi

Edited by Gigi, 13 June 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

It reminds me of the hot wheel cars I used to buy for my boys when they were growing up. (They didn't have any pink ones though)

Yes, it looks exactly like a hot wheels car! I wasn't going to buy one because again the size- for me if it had been smaller I would be in love with it.

For me the solids are so appealing and charming because of the small size with tiny details. All the new solids for this year are bigger and I think when they become bigger they lose some of their charm at least this is my opinion. This is one of the reasons (as well as many others) that I say I am not "into it- collecting- like before and it does make me sad.

As far a solids with crystals I think they are a thing of the past (I hope I am proven wrong) If you think about it, all the crystals have to be hand set therefore a lot of craftsmanship is involved in the production of the crystal encrusted solids. Let's face it today it wouldn't be feasible for EL to produce such a labor intensive solid because more labor involved cuts down on the # that can be produced.

#20 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:38 AM

cool.gif I like the look of the Pink Lady, I think it's lovely. wub.gif

Sounds a bit on the big side though, how does it look next to the Harrods taxi or van does it look in the same scale? huh.gif

I agree with you, Lisa, about the size of the solids, small is good and makes the detail more appealling.

I never get to see a solid in the shop before I buy it and because of the detailed pictures that I see on this site and in the bay (e) I always imagine them to be so much bigger than they actually are. It's always a pleasant surprise when I open the box to see it looking small and dainty in the flesh rolleyes.gif

#21 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

What is strange to me is that Margaret absolutely loves the pink cadillac and I don't care for it. ph34r.gif Seems like it ought to be the other way around.

I agree with Lisa that smaller is better when it comes to the solid perfumes. smile.gif All of the larger ones we have (like the Ferris Wheel) would be cuter on a smaller scale.

Don

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:48 AM

Sounds a bit on the big side though, how does it look next to the Harrods taxi or van does it look in the same scale?

Great idea Fee! It really is huge, just wait until you all see the NM ones- the lanterns are monsters! laugh.gif
user posted image

Because of the size I had to rate it- I think it's OK- if it had been the size of the Harrods cars I would have rated it- I love it!

#23 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:25 PM

I don't know why Estee Lauder made the Pink Lady so much bigger than the other vehicles?? blink.gif blink.gif It just doen't make sense to me. When they introduced the red and gold barn I thought that should have been larger. Because it would have looked better with the pig and rooster. But I just don't get this at all.

#24 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

I wonder what else EL may design to go with the Pink Lady? I think some very "50's" items would be fun. cool.gif

#25 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:38 PM

This is a 1958 Cadillac convertible. smile.gif

user posted image

Closest real caddy to the perfume. ph34r.gif

#26 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

Wow - next to the Harrods vehicles, the Pink Lady looks like a giant!! However, I think I will still love it! wink.gif

It goes well next to the Vegas sign in the pictures from the convention.

I agree with Woody too - more 50s items to go with it would be good! A "Happy Days' thing! smile.gif

Nice pic of the real thing, Don - where'd you find that? And how come Margaret likes it more than you do? Where's the boy in you, Don? laugh.gif

#27 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

Well, I see I am in the 30% range not overwhelmed by the new "Pink Lady." wink.gif
Thanks Lisa for some really nice comparison shots of the new "Pink Lady" with the Harrod's truck and van. blink.gif
I'll be looking forward to purchasing the "Pampered Pup" but not too many of the other new solids. dry.gif I think I'll stick with buying the older solids since I am new to the collecting solids game. ohmy.gif

#28 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

Great photo Don & Margaret!

This is a case where bigger is not better! laugh.gif

#29 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

I don't recall hearing comments about the Mermaid being too large. If you stand the car on end it is the same size as that one.
However,I do agree that it does looks rather a bit too large. Smaller would be nicer.

Phyllis

#30 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

[FONT=Impact][SIZE=7]Hi All-

Thanx to all the chatter re: the convention and the new pieces and the great pictures- HOPEFULLY- next year I will make it there to the convention to meet you all??!! tongue.gif - I see eBay is already listed the Pink Lady!! Buy it now for $350.00- Some people are just greedy dry.gif - Or maybe stupid to know they could order it for almost 1/2 that price blink.gif ?
It just amazes me sometimes!!

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users