Photo

Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

blink.gif
It's been awhile since I have last posted but I have a question about the Zodiac Powder Compacts. I have been able to find a few of the matching solids but my question is this;
Did they make different Zodiac Compacts for the US and the UK?
I bought a large grouping NIB that that have LONDON underlined. I was told these were purchased in England and brought back to the states (they were used as Bridal Shower gifts). These are the smaller round models with crystals on the lid in gold.
Also were there different dates of release for the Europena and US versions?
The folks here have always been so helpful so I will say a big Thank You for any information shared, right up front. biggrin.gif
Thanks - Karen

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:34 PM

Hey Karen,

Check in more often with us!

Can't answer specifically about your question but I think the Zodiac powder are all the same. All my powder compacts have London.

Here is a pic of one of my Zodiac powder compacts, perhaps you can compare them:
user posted imageuser posted image

#3 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

Hi Karen,

I checked some of my powder compacts and most of them (not only the Zodiacs) have London underlined, but I have no idea why EL does this.

Brigitte

#4 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Gosh,
I don't know what I was thinking. rolleyes.gif
Here's a pic of one are these little compacts newer?
user posted image
I couldn't find them on Brigette's site and only see the matcing solids here. Any idea as to dates?
Thanks you 2!
Karen
I pobably should have put in a pic of the label yoo so here that is;

user posted image

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:35 PM

Karen,

Sorry I haven't seen these- I'm not too familiar with the powders so maybe someone else knows.

#6 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

I also have one I am unable to identify (can't find the solid match either)
ANyone have any ideas?
user posted image
huh.gif

#7 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:47 AM

Hi Karen! I have found pictures of these compacts in Roselyn Gerson's book "Vintage and Vogue Ladies Compacts" (I still believe that I mainly collect powder compacts tongue.gif ) Anyway this Zodiac collection is from 2000 and the one you couldn't identify is the Aquarius. For those of you who have the book, these are on pages 248-249. Another Zodiac collection was released in 1996 (pages 216-217) and powder compacts from this collection turn up regularly at eBay and correspond to the solids you mentioned.

Karin

#8 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:46 AM

Hi Karen,

if you go to the following link and then enter Zodiac into the field "NAME" you will get all the Zodiacs. Sorry, but those from 1996 are entered twice as they were issued with different boxes (rectangle and also square) and everyone knows that I collect the same solid or compact more than once if they have different boxes.

DATABASE POWDER COMPACTS

You will find your acquarius on page 5 out of 10.
Brigitte

Edited by Brigitte, 29 May 2005 - 07:10 AM.

#9 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

Thank You Thank You for helping me with the one I was stuck on . The link proved most helpful.

Enjoy the rest of the weeken end and be watching my sellers list on eBay as up they will go in the next few days.

Karen biggrin.gif

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

Brigitte,

I very much enjoyed looking through your database, I looked at every page. Truely amazing and thank you for sharing with us all! smile.gif

#11 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

[B][SIZE=7][COLOR=purple]
WOW!
Hi Brigitte, How and where do you display your vast collection of Compacts?
They are goreous.
KK

#12 pirologists

pirologists

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

And may I add, Thank you Brigette (and you too Lisa), both of you have been so very kind to me since my becoming a member here.

I would love to be ablt to keep at least one of everything I have found over the last few years, but unfortunatley I would have to divorce my darling hubby, throw the kids out way before the reached maturity and either have a huge Sale, hire an auction company or just plain pull a dumpster up to rid myself of all the things we have accumulated over the years. (And some of it I am quite fond of !) laugh.gif

#13 Nettie

Nettie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

I would also like to add my thanks Brigitte, for sharing you data base with us.

You must have spent a great deal of time putting it together and I certainly appreciate your efforts.

There are so many stunning compacts. Oh where to start!!!

#14 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:38 PM

Thank you ever so much for this database Brigitte!! You made my day biggrin.gif I spent hours yesterday going through it!! Finally I got the answers I needed for my own humble list of powder compacts. Such a tremendous work you have made, my gratitude is forever yours rolleyes.gif

Karin

#15 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:53 AM

Hi everyone,

thanks for all the great feedback. As you could see it's not yet complete..there are some pics missing and maybe some dates are not correct....I did my best.

If anyone can give some input on this database, please be so kind as to contact me and I will gladly add it.

Have a wonderful day, Brigitte

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users