• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

Well everyone, after being in California for just under a year, we are packing up and hightailing it back to Chicago! Troy's former employer there made us a nice offer to return and we jumped on it. After renovating this old house, I am so ready to leave! I am not an "old house" kinda guy...give me a new condo anyday! Chicago is "home" and we can't wait to get back. I never even unpacked my solids and now will drive them back cross country again! laugh.gif So, as we have been busy selling a house and buying a new condo, I haven't had much time to contribute. But I do check in to keep current on all the EL news. We move on May 27th, but I will be coming back for the Vegas convention.

Woody

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

Wow, Woody I am suprised to hear of your news. As long as you are both happy, that is all that counts.

Chicago is much weather for your collection! biggrin.gif

#3 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:38 PM

Woody you must be thrilled! Sounds like you really like Chicago.
If you have to many solids to transport, I'd be willing to take some
off your hands! laugh.gif
Welcome back to winter/summer weather,
that what we have been having here in Ohio anyway.
biggrin.gif

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

Yeah Woody - it seems like you only just got there and got stuck into making it your home!! What a pity!! I'm sure your solids enjoyed the journey though!!

Still - there's no place like your home city, I guess!! I'm sure you'll love returning to familiarity.

Sorry the Californian Dreamin' didn't work out for you both!!

Good luck on the return journey!! wink.gif

#5 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

Woody,
We know moving is a pain but there is truly no place like home. Congratulations on the better job offer. biggrin.gif

Don and Margaret

Edited by Don and Margaret, 18 May 2005 - 10:39 PM.

#6 bonbon9876

bonbon9876

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

Hi Woody,
It seems that there were too much rain in California for you!
Happy and smooth moving! smile.gif

Nina

#7 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

Hey Woody,
Sorry you are leaving this great state blink.gif {?}- Tell me about your house in Pasadena- My partner and I would love to move down to that area!!!!!!!!
Anyway- I am originally from Madison Wisconsin- I do miss it but the winters remind me why I am here huh.gif - Have a safe journey rolleyes.gif !!!!!

Mark

#8 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

WOODY,
GLAD TO HEAR YOUR HAPPY AND COMING HOME. NOTHING LIKE THE 4 SEASONS TO PUT YOU IN DIFFERENT MOODS. I TOO LOVE IT. BE SAFE COMING HOME AND GOOD LUCK IN CODO SHOPPING, SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE GREAT TASTE. YOU'LL DO GREAT. THE BEST OF LUCK TO ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS.

DEBBIE

#9 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:32 AM

[FONT=Arial]
Sorry, the above is my mistake. I was trying to reply and that's what happened.

Anyway, good luck with your move Woody. Will be anxious to read about the
Las Vegas convention next month.

Joni

#10 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:41 PM

Hi Woody, gosh after all that work too! I'm sure that will have increased the value of your property so that will be good. We can have a chat at Vegas about all the hastle it was.

#11 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

Oh Woody!! I'm glad that you are happy to return to Chicago. I'm sorry that I did not get to the Dallas convention. I've had some severe health issues and really was unable to attend. I am in the process of selling a lot of my things. Just keeping the ones that I specially want to keep for my Grandaughter.

I will be thinking of you as you head back this month. Be safe....Best to you and Troy!!

Mimi
wub.gif

#12 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

Hi Woody,
I lived in Pomona for a year and a half - and couldn't wait to get back to the east coast.
Ar

#13 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:31 AM

Woody, I turned the radio on yesterday morning when I woke up and the first thing I heard was the dulcet tones of ol' blue eyes singing...."My kinda town, Chicago is..... " how is that for a spooky experience?

#14 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:34 AM

Actually, I then got a mental picture of you with your jacket casually tossed over one shoulder, sitting on a bar stool with one of those hats he used to wear sitting at a jaunty angle..... can you sing Woody or is Mimi the only singer on site????? rolleyes.gif

#15 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments! We are very excited to be going back...I would have liked to have stayed here for another year, but in a condo/apartment with no renovation going on! But, back to Chicago we go and I couldn't be happier! We will be on the road with solids, compacts and Bob the cat next weekend! One more week to go! wacko.gif

Edited by klassicguy1, 21 May 2005 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users