• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:19 PM

Today I was in the shop where I buy usually my solids, which are available in Switzerland. They have still some solids to sell. The prices are not bad and inclusive shipping (with registered air mail).

I would send in the USA, too Germany and England.

The following solids can be ordered in the next three days. I will then try to buy the solids on monday. I cannot garantee that all are still there.

lifa@email.ch

Liliane

#17 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:41 PM

Here the List
(Page: based on ROSALYN GERSONS book)

red "Appel" (page 100) US$120.--
"Toy Wagon" (page 128) US$50.--
"Circus Tent" (page 147) US$400.--
"Sphinx" (page 147) US$180.--
"Globe" (page 148) US$340.--
"Violin" (page 149) US$200.--
"Circus Clown" (page 150) US$200.--
"Rooster" (page 151) US$160.--

"Fairy" INTERNATIONAL VERSION
like the one on page 144 but without crystale on the leaf. The leaf is green enamel and the flouwer is pink. US$ 140.--

#18 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 03:19 PM

I live in California and there are a couple of Cosmetic Company stores that sell solids at 20% off but let me tell you their latest trick! Even if you pay with cash, they demand to see your driver's license, then they write all of that personal information in a "little notebook" where they track all of the customers who bought solids and which solids you bought! If you are paying cash, what right do they have to demand your personal information on your driver's license?? It just doesn't seem legal and it certainly isn't ethical. They are beginning to fell like the Gustappo!

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:01 PM

I for one do not understand why they would do such a thing. [Confused] The Cosmetic Company Stores sell you a limited amount of solids, and they are not allowed tell you over the phone what they have in stock yet Estee Lauder sells empty solids and prototypes to anyone who wants them and as many as they want at their warehouse sales. [Mad]
There is a seller on ebay now that has many, many empty solids and is making a small fortune on us collectors [Frown]

[ January 15, 2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#20 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:19 PM

Hello Everybody,
I do live in California too. I just recently bought one compact and I did pay cash and nobody asked me about my Id. Lauderlover in which store it's happened? I'm very curious.
Thanks, Nata

#21 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:27 PM

This was the Camarillo store. I'm beginning to feel like a criminal just for shopping there!

#22 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:43 PM

That is very weird.
One time I called them and they told me that they don't have any solids in stock.

#23 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:47 PM

Liliane,
I've tried to email you, but your server reject mail

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 04:59 PM

Yes, same with me I called the Cosmetic Company store to see if the stock had changed and I was told that they didn't sell solid perfumes, I went within the next couple of days and there they were! [Confused]
I didn't buy any of them!!

#25 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:06 PM

I guess, it's so difficult for them to open mouth and to tell what is in stock, They are just not friendly associates, but as the consumers we do help economy.

#26 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:12 PM

Hi Nata
It seems to be everything correct with my server.I send away and receive at present mails problem-free.
Please send the mail later again (sorry). I will note the time you wanted to reach me. It goes to order entrance.
So long, Liliane

#27 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 05:48 PM

Hello all

I got many Mails. Nearly everyone concerns the apple. At present it is night in Europe. In ten hours I will inquire which I still can get and inform all.

Who forgot to mail his mail address, should send it please (that I can write direktly, not over these sides).

Have a nice evening, Liliane

#28 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 07:46 PM

Just as a price comparison the department stores on mainland Australia have the following solids still available :
Puppy in a tub US$150
Train US$460
Magical Unicorn US$310
Rooster US$350
Sphinx US$260

The only ones available on the island where I live is the Unicorn and the cherry so unless I travel to the mainland (which costs a couple of solids in plane fare and hotel bills) I don't even get a look at them up close. [Frown]

Thankfully I can log onto Laudersolids.com and get my fix any time I like! [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

#29 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:06 PM

Hi Fee, you remind me of a friend of mine. She too seems to use solids as a currency. When her car needed fixed she told me what it cost and then added, I could have got three solids for that!

Nancy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#30 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 06:19 PM

We know a manager of one of the Cosmetic Company stores. She told us that they are not allowed to give any information over the phone about what solids they have. She would not even tell me and I kow her and have purchased many solids from her. [Frown] I think and notice I said I THINK that is has something to do about some of the over aggressive "collectors" [Frown] [Frown]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users