• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 05:14 PM

I visited the Cosmetic Company store at Concord Mills in Charlotte, NC this weekend (after seeing it listed on this site). Their new policy is that they will only sell 3 solids per customer, so if you plan to travel any distance and buy several at a time, you might want to bring a friend a with you. The solids were marked down 30% and in mint condition. The boxes, though, were scotched-taped on both sides.

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 05:17 PM

Martha,

Did they have anything good? [Confused]

#3 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 06:41 PM

Lisa, thank you for posting my picture.

The Cosmetic Company had the following solids in stock: Sun Bonnet, Pretty Parasol, Precious Rose, Ferris Wheel, Cinderella's Coach (I purchased the last one), Flowering Bouquet, Dreamy Dessert, Cameo (goldtone), 2001 Bubbly, King Charles Spaniel, Treasure Chest, Ice Skates, and the Classical Clown. Thanks so much for the tip, because where I live even Belk didn't get any in this year ... so this was great fun.

#4 Nata

Nata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:12 PM

Hi there,
In Cosmetic Store company near me next solid compacts for sale: Treasure chest, Globe, Dreamy Dessert,Poodle, Bubbly 2000,Sphinx,, Flowering Bouquet,Pirouette

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 09:18 PM

I need to check mine out soon. This years holiday solids were all sent back a couple of weeks ago so I bet they will be showing up [Roll Eyes]

#6 EL solid lover

EL solid lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:14 AM

Hi all,

30% off sounds a very good deal! [Eek!]

Do they have Carousel, petite four and gingerbread house, by any chance? [Roll Eyes]

#7 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:56 AM

No, those are long gone [Frown] Sorry

#8 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:57 AM

Most cosmetics company's will take seperate transactions if you use seperate cards.
Please Martha would you be able to get me the Ferris Wheel?
Many thanks
Maggie [Big Grin] [Wink]

#9 EL solid lover

EL solid lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 12:19 AM

Could somebody tell me what's the difference between the bubbly 1999 and 2000? [Confused]

#10 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 12:46 AM

There is no difference. It was issued in Nov/Dec 1999 for the millenum and is called bubbly. But they issued a 2nd one with rhinestones, which is called champagne bucket.

Hava a great day

Brigitte

#11 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 04:53 PM

Martha is unable to go back to the Cosmetics Company as it is not too near her.
Is there anybody else who would be able to get me the Ferris Wheel and/or the Bird Cage.
I would be eternally grateful.
Maggie

#12 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:12 PM

I wished they had more locations. [Frown] The nearest one is about 200 miles away. Also, the San Marcos, TX location doesn't seem to have much selection. I bet they have only have NM solids from 2000 and 2001.

#13 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:20 PM

How much does the Cinderella Coach cost? I would like to buy one MIB under $250....preferably, below $200. [Wink]

#14 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:42 PM

The Cinderella Coach was $300.00. Unfortunately, I bought the last one. It was MIB, but there was no outer white box. The retail price was $375.00, and Roselyn Gerson values it at between $375 and $475. There is one one available on ebay now, and the last time I looked no one had even placed a bid. The next time I go to Charlotte to the Cosmetic Co., I promise I will let you all know in case you would like me to pick you up a discounted solid.

#15 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 08:45 AM

Hi everyone,
[Roll Eyes] I'm also new at posting but read messages all the time, great site and fun. All of you are all so nice and helpful.....I will do some calling around and find the gingerbread and the ferriswheel and pick these solids up for who ever needs them just let me know just e-mail me anytime I'd be glad to help. I can't thank Lisa for all the time and hard work you put into the site, I think we all thank you and hubby.....this iste is very helpful...just received the fruit plate and it is beautiful.....thanks again for helping all of us keep informed on all the latest, Ann and Ken pictures are tops.... let me know if I can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users