12 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

Hello everyone,

We are going to be making some changes to the site in the upcoming weeks and also doing some spring cleaning.

What this means is accounts over 1 month old with 0 posts will be considered inactive and therefore be deleted. If you have never posted on the site but wish to keep your current account then please log on the site and make a post, we had several great topics about the new 2005 solids.

We will be doing this type of cleaning every 6 months and it will begin next week on Sunday May, 22nd. If you do not post and your account gets deleted then please feel free to sign up again.

Thank you
admin@solidperfume.com

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

LISA...THAT IS A GOOD IDEA,PERHAPS SOME MEMBERS WHO ARE SHY WILL NOW COME FORWARD AND MAKE THEIR FIRST POST

MARGARET smile.gif

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

Yeah - this gets my vote too!! All members should contribute something such as a simple "hello", especially if they have been here reading other people's contributions for a while! smile.gif

#4 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

"Hi Everyone!"
I third that emotion! laugh.gif
I know I read the posts for a few months before I personally posted anything, but once you start it is addicting, sort of like eBay but not as costly.
So come on everyone, if you would just posted one time think what interesting facts we could all learn about each other. rolleyes.gif

#5 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

The goal with the pruning isn't actually to force people to post, although that would be a nice side effect. What we are really trying to do is clear the members database of any accounts which are inactive. With almost 600 registered members, there are a lot of accounts which are completely unused. That uses resources on the server.

In the next week or so, we will be adding some new features and upgrades to the site. Some you will notice, some are behind the scenes. These changes will require more server resources so we figured it was a good time to do everything at once.

For those wondering, yes ... the "track my collection" feature will be returning! tongue.gif

#6 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Jack and A Big Hug from Ohio! biggrin.gif

#7 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

Thank You, Jack! I'm glad to see the return of "Track Your Collection"

Mimi

#8 Flyaway

Flyaway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:04 PM

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#9 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

Hello Lisa and Jack

my son once said to me that this is a highly professional site and that it is a pity I make too little use of all the possibilities I had. I hope you don't mind... wink.gif

What do you do with the member numbers, do we get new ones?

Thank you so much

Madeleine

#10 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

The "Track My Collection" feature seems to be up and running! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thank you, Jack!

#11 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

Madeleine-

The member numbers will remain the same when we prune the inactive accounts. You won't see any change.

Mimi and Martha-

You weren't supposed to notice that yet! It's working, but we are still working on a few more new features so you won't be able to add anything to your collection just yet. We'll be rolling everything out at once, hang in there...it won't be long now!

#12 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

I have two questions regarding the spring cleaning you folks will be doing every six months and pruning inactive accounts.

Is it correct to assume that on October 22, 2005, that will be the next time you will prune those accounts? Also, will you give an annoucement somewhere on the board letting members know when you will prune accounts?

Just curious. I feel this is a very good thing to do. Also what you two did to the board on May 15 looks great. Thanks a bunch.

Gigi

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

Hi Gigi,

Not sure when we will prune accounts next. It was long overdue!

This was the first time we did it and although I am getting some emails asking "why" accounts were deleted it is just a matter of space that we needed. We did lose a lot of members- half of them but when someone signs up two or three years ago and has 0 posts there is no way for us to tell if that account is still active or not and it holds up wasted space on our server.

To ensure your account stays active just post every now and then, this site is for everyone's opinions and we would like members to contribute and not just come a lurk. It's give and take.

We will always send out a mailer first to let everyone know what is going on. We do still have more coming...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users