Photo

*photos* 2005 Jay Strongwater/saks Solids

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: From the photos which one do you like the best?

From the photos which one do you like the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

I really don't like any of the Jay's either- Will have to wait and see them in person also- I don't want to sound like a dummy- but I have never heard of a FLACON!!?? And I teach art- I guess all teachers can learn something new biggrin.gif !!

:-]
Mark

#32 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

I have just had another look at these solids, and the first one which I thought was nice was the one which most of you don't like i.e. the little dog sitting on the pouffe. As you all say, will have to see these before making any decisions. The other Jay Strongwaters I thought I would like, I did not care for once I acually had a chance to see them and the one I thought I would not like, I really think is the tops. I won't repeat myself regarding the Pagoda!

Strongwaters designs in pill boxes, I have one, are really beautiful. Why they do not produce these in solid perfumes is anybody's guess. It could be they are more saleable and the moulds do not have to be discarded i.e. they can keep on producing ad infinitum????? I am not an expert so look forward to hearing from those of you who do know.

Anyway, am not unhappy about the situation. I do want the Dragon and that one is expensive so not liking the others will help the financial situation!

Mark are you teaching Art as well as landscape gardening?

#33 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

I feel like some cut backs took place some where along the line because 2005 started out with a rather plain Pagoda. Yes, yes I know some of you love it- I'm not saying it isn't a nice solid but rather I am comparing it to what we use to get for the same price, the exquisite detailing, enamel work and stone work.

I am either all or nothing. I don't like the middle and I feel that this is where these solids are so far from the photos, who knows in person it may be different- again I am hoping that is the case.

sad.gif

#34 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

MARK..... I MIGHT NOT BE CORRECT, BUT I THINK THAT FLACON IS A FRENCH WORD MEANING PHIAL, BUT I'M SURE IT SHOULD HAVE AN 'E' ON THE END.

CAROLINE, CAN YOU HELP US.... blink.gif ph34r.gif

MARGARET

#35 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 12:30 AM

Because of my work I have a lot of dictionaries. It is flacon in French as well, and we use the word in Sweden too (flakong). My description would be a small perfume bottle.

Karin

#36 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

YES I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT KARIN, I'M SURE WHEN CAROLINE READS THE SITE SHE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP US.

MARGARET....... smile.gif

#37 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

Hi Jacqueline,
I teach many things- Art Appreciation- Nature- Current Events- Tai Chi and Music Appreciation plus gardening as my front and back yard is concerned-
I guess Flacon is french perhaps for Phial- or english as Vial as in bottle for perfume?
My guess is that what it would be if I were on Jeopardy answering that question dry.gif ??

Mark

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hello Mark, nice to hear from you. I did upload the Japanese Garden in Regents Park with you in mind. I thought you would be interested in this concept and how much work must have been involved. Now, of course, we have the Oriental Themes with the solids, which I love!

Yes, flacon is a small bottle ............

smile.gif

#39 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

Lisa,
here the choice is very difficult, because they seem quite flat, but at first glance I would say I like the Fragrant reasure. May be they are wonderful if seen in reality, but I'm kms distance..............
Sure I'll have to ask a finance loan..........
Charlotte

#40 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:34 AM

After having seen the pictures over and over again I am beginning to like the floating pampered pup. But that is because of the tabouret (to continue the French inspired vocabulary of these solids) he is sitting on. I just love that stool!!
By the way, thank you Lisa for getting my picture as an avatar biggrin.gif

Karin

#41 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Karin, it's nice to be able to put a face to a name.

#42 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

After looking at the pictures for ages & now having received the brochure, I think the Flowering Flacon & the Fragrant Treasures then the Boudoir Butterfly are the nicest. As much as I love animals I'm not too sure about the Pampered Pup & the Regal Kitty but again they could look much better in reality - I will have to wait & see.

Karen rolleyes.gif

#43 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Sorry to say...BUT I am NOT impressed with ANY of the new solids...Here's hoping the Vegas exclusive will have the bling.

#44 pixiepoo

pixiepoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:49 AM

Can anyone tell if the pup is sitting or standing? (As opposed to floating). It has the body of a Yorkie, but the coloring looks too light for a Yorkie. The SA in Orlando said they will be here in July. I used to look forward to getting a solid in my Christmas stocking each year, but they are coming out earlier and earlier. Does anyone else think it's a bit too early in the season? It makes the holidays a bit anticlimactic as far as solids go.

#45 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

Pixiepoo,

Don't know about the pup, guess we will have to wait to see the solid in person to tell if our pup is sitting, standing or hovering. laugh.gif

I totally agree with you on the solids being released too early. It also gives lots of time for EL to run more production batches if cetain solids sell well. Remember the first Jay Strongwater solids? ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users