Photo

*photos* 2005 Jay Strongwater/saks Solids

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: From the photos which one do you like the best?

From the photos which one do you like the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

I will only buy the "Regal Kitty"...none of the others do anything for me.

Woody

#17 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:18 PM

I like all of them except the pup does look like it's floating. You're right these aren't up to par , but they are cute. ohmy.gif
KK tongue.gif

#18 Nettie

Nettie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

My first reaction was that I didn't really care much for any of these but after looking at them many times I decided I liked the treasures best but now I like the flowering flacon. Everytime I look at it I like it more, it kinda grows on me.
I think the pup is nice but not on the chair thing Would have looked better being a stand alone I think.
Anyway it certainly is great to be able to see what is going to be available .

#19 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:17 AM

I am also very disappointed in these solids especially after last year's
gorgeous ones. I will probably buy the Boudoir Butterfly and Flowering Flacon.
The money I save can go towards the Neiman Marcus ones! huh.gif

#20 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:33 AM

After thinking about these for a while we've decided that we are just going to have to see them in person to decide. They aren't nearly as appealing as the Neiman collection and more expensive too. dry.gif

Trouble is the nearest Saks is about 1000 miles away. sad.gif (Told you we live in the outback, biggrin.gif )

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

Agreed --- Need to see these in person before I can have a good opinion.
And I am a big Strongwater collector now. ( clocks, frames ,boxes and the newest stuff -jewelry)
Guess I am spoiled with his other work.

Ann

#22 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

Yup, gonna wait to see them in person also. I really, really want to love them.

What kind of jewelry? Vintage or new stuff?

#23 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:49 PM

I like the newer stuff . Ebay# 6174724449.

His older stuff is signed Feinberg and not near as pretty but is a lot cheaper.

Ann

#24 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:00 PM

Oh, that is beautiful- now why couldn't we have that as a solid? It's something we have not seen before. Love all the crystals-

#25 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT AS A SOLID, I HAVE THE SALAMANDER POWDER COMPACT.....MAKE A GOOD MATCH..... laugh.gif

MARGARET

#26 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

Yes, they look kind of plain to me, too. If I had to choose one, I took the Flowering Flacon dry.gif

Madeleine

#27 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Hey, I've collected some Strongwater and Feinberg jewelry also. biggrin.gif I buy some here and there. I bought a nice dragonfly brooch for $10. Kind of funny for me considering I HATE and never buy costume jewlery with the exception of earrings. Strongwater makes some amazing stuff. I bought 3 mirrored compacts on ebay a few years ago. If he would make a greyhound dog figurine, I'll buy it.

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hello Greyhound, the Radiant Sunflower would make a fantastic brooch! Have you bought the Pagoda? Another amazing solid from Jay Strongwater.

wink.gif

#29 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

You bet. Didn't like it at 1st, but looked much better in person.

#30 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

Well everyone, I have thought hard on what to post here on this topic and its been difficult. I truly have appreciated all the posts made and agree based on the pictures, this years collection is not up to par and is disappointing. I have also been a Strongwater fan since around 1995 or so when I bought my first piece from Bergdorf Goodman in New York City. Getting back to this year's collection, it could have been so much better...they could have included more crystals on the solids and more details. For instance, on the Flowering Flacon put more flowers on it. My question is, "Why did EL agree to produce these solids as they are pictured, given such a strong record of the last three years of Strongwater solids?" Anyone can see the difference between this years and past years collections. Guess I'll never know. To be fair, I'll wait and make the final decision and see them in person. I will also be very and real interested to read posts from the people here on this board attending the Vegas convention and hear your opinions on the Strongwaters and all the solids you will see there.

Ann, you absolutely made my day on your 5/4/05 12:00 pm post. biggrin.gif I am there too. Hey, if I don't get any JS Fall/Holiday solids, I'll buy another one of his mini jeweled keepsake boxes from his own collection...I may even fill it myself with a melted EL Touch On Perfume Stick and call it good! laugh.gif By the way, I have seen in person the ebay pin you mentioned and its a show stopper, wonderful pin.

Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users