Photo

*photos* 2005 Jay Strongwater/saks Solids

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: From the photos which one do you like the best?

From the photos which one do you like the best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Here are the photos of the new 2005 Jay Strongwater solid at Saks:
user posted imageWhite Linen Pampered Pup $275
user posted imageIntuition Fragrant Treasures $225
user posted imageBeautiful Flowering Flacon $200
user posted imageBeyond Paradise Regal Kitty $295
user posted imagePleasures Boudoir Butterfly $175

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:30 PM

sad.gif I don't know what to think of these new 05 solids this year- I don't love any of them and I am totally sad about it. To me they again look plain kind of like the Pagoda. sad.gif

Maybe in person they will grow on me, I hope!

What do you think??

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

These ones don't appeal to me either, though to be honest I'm not into the Jay Strongwater ones. However, the Pagoda had some appeal for me (though I am yet to get one) . . . will definitely NOT be buying any of the above. sad.gif

#4 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

I don't care for these. I'm hopeful they will look better than the photo. I often change my mind when I see them in person.

The same thing happened with the Pagoda. I hated the pictures, but liked it soooo much better in person. Overall, my favorite Strongwater solids are the dragonfly and birds nest.

#5 Galina

Galina

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:05 PM

Flowering Flacon and Boudoir Butterfly are very promising solids, the design work is very curious and I expect them to be the most precious ones from the 2005 Strongwaters collection in the years to come.

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

NO THE STRONGWATERS ARE NOT FOR ME sad.gif

WHEN I FIRST SAW THE PICTURE OF THE PAGODA I HATED IT, WHEN I SAW IT IN REALITY I LOVED IT.....SO YOU NEVER CAN TELL.

THE PAGODA GOES WELL WITH THIS YEARS CHINESE DRAGON ect........

MARGARET

#7 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hmmmm, not sure what to think. blink.gif

I like the Flowering Flacon and at first look I liked the Pampered Pup but looking at it again it looks a bit like a pea on a drum (as the saying goes) the pup almost looks like he's hovering above the seat.laugh.gif May be better in person or from a different angle. I don't think I'll be getting any.

My purse will be saving for the NM oriental ones. cool.gif

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

I feel these are nothing compared to the last three years Strongwater solids, the details, use of enamel and crystals is very scaled back.

Just compare the bird in bloom box $250 to this years fragrant treasures box $225. I guess that is enough said.

Right now I only like the Boudoir butterfly maybe- the rest are just not worth the price. I agree with Fee on the floating dog and what about $295 for the regal kitty(it's a cute solid but not for that price!)? Where is the JS detail? It's so plain. BOO HOO, I AM SAD!

Guess the in person test will tell!

#9 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

I like the Flacon and the Pampered Pup, but agree with Fee that the pup appears to be floating above the seat (it may be just the camera angle). The others are somewhat disappointing. Let's hope it's the photography.

#10 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

Like the Treasure and the Flacon. Think I'm getting tired of cute cats, dogs and butterflys. Probably why the Oriental Theme of NM looks much more interesting to me this year.

#11 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:18 AM

I don't like any of these. I am not that much of a Strongwater fan so I love the pagoda and yet I find it very disappointing that the style of these differs so much from his characteristics.
Well, it does solve some financial problems: now I can concentrate on bringing up the money for the oriental ones.
Lisa, have you heard anything about new powder compacts? My hopes are very high that they too are within the oriental theme, can I be so lucky?

Karin

#12 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:24 AM

KARIN......I AM ALSO KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT THERE IS AN ORIENTAL POWDER COMPACT TO GO ALONG WITH THE ORIENTAL THEME SOLIDS.

MARGARET...... smile.gif

#13 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:41 AM

Margaret and Karin,

Sorry to disappoint you but there are no Asian themed powder compacts.

I will show you the powders today under a seperate topic..

#14 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:50 AM

I'm also very disappointed and won't get any. They just aren't imaginative. And I ALWAYS get the cats, but this one doesn't appeal to me at all. The Neiman solids are more appealing. I'll probably get the dragon.
Ar

#15 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:14 AM

ohmy.gif I agree these solid by Jay Strongwater are not as tasteful or expensive
looking as the previous ones by Neiman Marcus. I am saving my money for the N. M. solids afterall I don't have any Jay Strongwater ones anyway, so why start collecting now. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users